PDA

View Full Version : Wilmington Toy Museum

Briar
8th July 2019, 08:36 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned here before. Just passed through Wilmington SA (about 30 mins from Port Augusta). The Toy museum here has to have one of the largest collections of Land Rovers in Australia. About 10 registered vehicles out front. More inside and about 50 out back. Plus every conceivable model of any land rover you can think of from Matchbox and up. Over 2000 models. The guy has been collecting for 50 years or so.

cripesamighty
8th July 2019, 10:34 PM
Now you tell me! A couple of years ago I did a "Perth - Port Augusta - Darwin - Broome - Perth" holiday with a bunch of side trips. This would have fit in perfectly. Damn!

Pickles2
9th July 2019, 07:42 AM
Been there,...a must for any L.R. person if in the vicinity.
Pickles.

mick88
9th July 2019, 08:19 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned here before. Just passed through Wilmington SA (about 30 mins from Port Augusta). The Toy museum here has to have one of the largest collections of Land Rovers in Australia. About 10 registered vehicles out front. More inside and about 50 out back. Plus every conceivable model of any land rover you can think of from Matchbox and up. Over 2000 models. The guy has been collecting for 50 years or so.

The annual Land Rover Show is held every Easter just up the road at Melrose.
So a lot of Land Rover enthusiasts/nutz get to see the Wilmington Toy Museum.

Cheers, Mick.

87County
9th July 2019, 08:27 AM
Wilmington - on the direst route from East to West - a friendly place :)

I Love My Landy!
11th July 2019, 07:45 PM
While you're there drop into the takeaway shop across the road too. Nice people and good service.

Redback
12th July 2019, 10:47 AM
Been there two or three times now, always worth a look and the shop across the road has good food and great service, actually the whole area is great.