PDA

View Full Version : L405 Replace Battery

orangepop
8th February 2020, 07:46 AM
Can anyone advise of any tips, tricks or pitfalls. Owners manual mentions special tools required. Also any recommendations re a good battery make / model please

Geedublya
8th February 2020, 09:22 PM
If it is the same as the L494 which I think it is.
1. Remove cover over spare tyre.
2. Remove spare tyre.
3. Undo 2 x bolts for air compressor. 10 mm heads.
4. Move air compressor out of the way
5. Undo battery terminals. 10mm heads.
6. Remove battery.

I just did mine and replaced it with a Varta G14. I would go for at least 90Ah.

I couldn’t find a battery reset on my IID tool like for the D4.

Pedro_The_Swift
5th February 2021, 08:58 AM
Nearly a year down the road Geedublya,, I gather it didnt need a reset?
You still use stop/start or have you deactivated?

Geedublya
5th February 2021, 11:03 AM
No reset done, although I think the factory tool at the stealers could do it. I was chasing a battery drain when not in use and unplugging the dashcam fixed it :oops2:. Otherwise the new battery is fine.
No stop start on the SCV8 probably because .01L/100km isn't worth the trouble when the average around town is 17-18l/100.

CSBrisie
7th January 2022, 11:03 AM
No reset done, although I think the factory tool at the stealers could do it. I was chasing a battery drain when not in use and unplugging the dashcam fixed it :oops2:. Otherwise the new battery is fine.
No stop start on the SCV8 probably because .01L/100km isn't worth the trouble when the average around town is 17-18l/100.

Just changed mine (MY17) after 4.5 years to a new Varta ($500 ouch); took 10 minutes (not much fun trying to lift it out BTW!!!) and apart from LRA calling to see if the car had been stolen (car must automatically contact them) everything was same after as before.