PDA

View Full Version : A brew between working on cars

Fattima
24th March 2020, 08:27 PM
While removing the heater from the Perentie to replace the fan I chucked a quick brew on.
A variation of Dr Smurto ale with an addition of some chocolate malt as an experiment. Will find out if it was a good idea in a couple of weeks!

loanrangie
25th March 2020, 09:22 AM
Nice, what unit is that ?

Fattima
25th March 2020, 12:53 PM
Grainfather with the updated bluetooth controller. The kettle in the background is my old BIAB pot that I now use to heat the sparge water.
Just put through a grain order from clever brewing since we may be a home a bit over the next few weeks!

loanrangie
25th March 2020, 01:51 PM
Grainfather with the updated bluetooth controller. The kettle in the background is my old BIAB pot that I now use to heat the sparge water.
Just put through a grain order from clever brewing since we may be a home a bit over the next few weeks!

I got some last week but really need to get a 25kg bag of ale or pilsner and a few yeasts to tide me over.

Redback
29th March 2020, 10:16 AM
While removing the heater from the Perentie to replace the fan I chucked a quick brew on.
A variation of Dr Smurto ale with an addition of some chocolate malt as an experiment. Will find out if it was a good idea in a couple of weeks!

Which of the malts are you changing in that recipe or are just adding the choc malt to that recipe? cause that beer sounds good to me:twobeers:

I'm thinking of going down this path, was looking at the Brewart Beerdroid, but it's doesn't look as versatile as the other auto brewers, so I might look at something like the Grainfather, my local Brew shop has the Robobrew on special at the moment for $440.

Fattima
29th March 2020, 12:11 PM
Which of the malts are you changing in that recipe or are just adding the choc malt to that recipe? cause that beer sounds good to me:twobeers:

I'm thinking of going down this path, was looking at the Brewart Beerdroid, but it's doesn't look as versatile as the other auto brewers, so I might look at something like the Grainfather, my local Brew shop has the Robobrew on special at the moment for $440.
I ran out of crystal malt so used a smaller amount of choc malt. It is fermenting away as I type so will see.

I used to do brew in a bag and still would be if I wasn't given the grainfather as a birthday present. Having said that I'm really happy with the unit and would recommend it. I'll do another brew soon probably just a standard Dr Smurto as it is a really good drop. After that I've got a porter to put down and a pilsner. If we get locked in a I figure I can survive on beer :)