PDA

View Full Version : Jeep claims for new Gladiator.

Bigbjorn
18th August 2020, 01:24 PM
Jeep are advertising the Gladiator as "the only Overland pickup ever".

You have been blocked (https://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/ute/jeep/gladiator/overland/)

I am sure owners of LR truck cabs, dropsides, 130's will be overjoyed to find that their vehicles do not exist.

rick130
18th August 2020, 02:07 PM
Jeep are advertising the Gladiator as "the only Overland pickup ever".

You have been blocked (https://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/ute/jeep/gladiator/overland/)

I am sure owners of LR truck cabs, dropsides, 130's will be overjoyed to find that their vehicles do not exist.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Well the world doesn't exist outside the continental US borders anyway.
Anyone from Alaska, Hawaii, even Canada say that. [emoji23]
Anyway, that just ties I with the flat earthers who say Australia doesn't exist either.
Apparent we're all actors just like The Truman Show. [emoji849][emoji16]

W&KO
18th August 2020, 02:20 PM
Buggered if I could find the quote you mentioned.

Cannot compare a 2020 Jeep dual cab ute against Land Rover when they don’t offer a Ute.

Bigbjorn
18th August 2020, 02:33 PM
Buggered if I could find the quote you mentioned.

Cannot compare a 2020 Jeep dual cab ute against Land Rover when they don’t offer a Ute.

try carsales.com.au/new-cars/ute/jeep/gladiator/overland/

INter674
18th August 2020, 05:55 PM
Mmm..the V6 is a horrid engine..thirsty and gutless. Hopefully they've made the throttle control better esp for off road use but I doubt it..so it will probably still surge and buck like a randy bull off road.

It will be a lemon in Aus...too much competition in thst price range esp from Toyota.

And the diesel will need serious improvements to be competitive.

Ah Jeep...why do you bother marketing such American centric under done trucks in Aus?

Good luck with that one🙄

Grumbles
18th August 2020, 07:06 PM
I dunno about the V6 being horrid...... I liked my Pentastar The car went well and fuel consumption was never an issue. I didn't much like moving it on. But..... I agree re it being brought into the wrong market. Too much rear overhang, wheel base is too long and it is way too pricey.

pop058
18th August 2020, 08:21 PM
The redneck cowboys will love them. [bigrolf]

loanrangie
19th August 2020, 07:54 AM
Mmm..the V6 is a horrid engine..thirsty and gutless. Hopefully they've made the throttle control better esp for off road use but I doubt it..so it will probably still surge and buck like a randy bull off road.

It will be a lemon in Aus...too much competition in thst price range esp from Toyota.

And the diesel will need serious improvements to be competitive.

Ah Jeep...why do you bother marketing such American centric under done trucks in Aus?

Good luck with that one[emoji849]We won't be getting the diesel apparently.

superhet
20th August 2020, 09:01 AM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Well the world doesn't exist outside the continental US borders anyway.
Anyone from Alaska, Hawaii, even Canada say that. [emoji23]
Anyway, that just ties I with the flat earthers who say Australia doesn't exist either.
Apparent we're all actors just like The Truman Show. [emoji849][emoji16]

I worked for a couple of US telcos (Bell derivatives) and here on Oz the view was that international was Canada and Mexico. Everyone else didn't matter.

travelrover
20th August 2020, 06:55 PM
I worked for a couple of US telcos (Bell derivatives) and here on Oz the view was that international was Canada and Mexico. Everyone else didn't matter.

Yeah, similar experience! Some would say nothing outside of Texas!