PDA

View Full Version : Where’s Blackrangie’s Defender?

SimmAus
19th August 2020, 09:15 PM
Trawling through the topics leading up to the “New Defender” launch, there was constant updates and commentary from a forum member.

Blackrangie, if you are still here - I’m curious if you’ve purchased your dream car or not. Pictures are of course mandatory.

Cheers
Simmaus

zilch
20th August 2020, 04:11 PM
very few in the country, mostly dealer demo's and LR corporate types, a few trickled through to
one or two owners here. but a large number of preordered ones are due between end of August and September,

The kiwi's got them before Australia [bigsmile][bigwhistle]

Bulletman
20th August 2020, 04:46 PM
Shouldn't it say "Where is Blackrangie" ...... and his new defender ... if he has 1 .

Bulletman

SBD4
20th August 2020, 05:18 PM
He hasn't visited since 13th March and not posted since last year. Not surprising he has chosen to stay away....

It would be cool to see if he makes the mods he mentioned assuming he bought one. I think he he said that he ordered one.

Bulletman
20th August 2020, 05:32 PM
He hasn't visited since 13th March and not posted since last year. Not surprising he has chosen to stay away....

It would be cool to see if he makes the mods he mentioned assuming he bought one. I think he he said that he ordered one.

He drove his fair share of people away from the forum - moderator included. I just hope JLR paid him fairly for his work.

Bulletman

scarry
20th August 2020, 05:47 PM
He drove his fair share of people away from the forum - moderator included. I just hope JLR paid him fairly for his work.

Bulletman

He also did something silmilar on a UK forum[bighmmm]

No chance he will be back,don’t think he will be missed by quite a few.

gromit
20th August 2020, 09:29 PM
Search the internet for 'blackrangie' and you come up with a lot of negative comments across a number of Land Rover forums.

A positive one was "I’ve gotten to the point that I don’t care what the new defender is like, I’m just thankful that blackrangie hasn’t found this site and decided to ruin it."

I wonder if it was all 'front' or whether he was really going to buy a new Defender. He claimed to have a build slot reserved and appeared to be so passionate that several people accused him of being on the LR payroll.

Colin

100inch
21st August 2020, 07:51 AM
Reading some of those retarded comments across various forums I guess he just bought one and enjoys it..... m

incisor
21st August 2020, 08:31 AM
Reading some of those retarded comments across various forums I guess he just bought one and enjoys it..... m

Be nice if that is the outcome

The boy and his obsession well and truly developed it's fair share of angst though it has to be said

ramblingboy42
11th February 2022, 08:53 PM
I just had a thought about blackrangie and read through what others wrote about him.

I didn't like the guy and made it known.....seems lots of others were the same.

Has anyone on this forum kept in touch with him as he definitely had some followers here?

I had a feeling right from the start he was a plant.

Did anyone know him before he started his rants?

Interesting to know if he was just an extremely over zealous Land Rover fanatic.....but why did he do a bolter?

He must have spent his whole time searching texts and photos and arguing with members here. He may have been more than one person too.