PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning 2/7/06... Green-Black

Outlaw
29th June 2006, 09:22 AM
Hello people... going to go for a bit of a play this sunday at Pacific Pines for a couple hours, then maybe grab some lunch for those interested at the tavern afterwards ;)

Please note the couple of us going so far have not been before so do not really know what the tracks are like... i am going off photos and suggestions from other forumites (from a different forum) on conditions of the area. I have been informed that it ranges from easy to some hard play areas.

Will meet at the back of the Pacific Pines Tavern @ 10.30am :thumbsup:

So who's coming for a play... hopefully in the mud? :burnrubber:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/lynell_hutzi/161f0138.jpg

LoadedDisco
29th June 2006, 05:06 PM
Outlaw i would like to come but currently I don't have any front recovery points fitted to the Landy at the moment. I have taken off the one Land Rover had on the front and waiting to fit a set from Dranged.

GuyG
29th June 2006, 05:09 PM
Outlaw, I would love to go, but haven't yet fixed the rangie after the Ormeau breakage, VC soon to be gone, LT230 on the way

Cheers Guy

rangieman
29th June 2006, 05:28 PM
shame on you posting that pic on this site YUK !:twisted:

Outlaw
29th June 2006, 08:27 PM
shame on you posting that pic on this site YUK !:twisted:

yeah i apologise... just couldn't find any pics without vehicles in it so figured i'd show some of the terrain while at the same time showing how little travel those POS actually have ;)

rangieman
29th June 2006, 09:32 PM
ok outlaw you are excused this time:D

LoadedDisco
30th June 2006, 03:19 PM
Outlaw when you have checked out the area this Sunday could we run a club run there another weekend.

dungarover
30th June 2006, 03:32 PM
Outlaw when you have checked out the area this Sunday could we run a club run there another weekend.

Agree, would be keen if not clashing with any other club trip (hopefully).

Love to go Outlaw, but Sunday's out. We have visitors and the footys on :twisted:

Trav

LoadedDisco
1st July 2006, 06:01 AM
Agree, would be keen if not clashing with any other club trip (hopefully).

Love to go Outlaw, but Sunday's out. We have visitors and the footys on :twisted:

Trav

V8 Supercars are also running.:burnrubber:

Camo
1st July 2006, 07:58 AM
Im in for sure Outlaw. Having so much fun with the newly modified rangie. Absolutely amazed at how she ate those hills at Rover park last weekend. Baja Claws are fantastic running at 15 psi. Gonna have to leave the bodgy wire job on the engine mounts for this weekend until i find a smart way to fix it. Those standard rangie engine mounts are so F:censored: ed. But appart from that shes all good to go!

Camo

stevo68
1st July 2006, 09:26 AM
I would say I will be there, maybe with a cuppla of the bratskies. As Craig mentioned SUper V8s are running at 2pm, so if anyone wanted to pop over afterwards to watch the race and have a few brews let me know,

Regards

Stevo

Camo
1st July 2006, 12:16 PM
Cool Steve. Be great to go for an explore for an hour or 2. Say we won't be that long because most of us have stuff planned tomorrow afternoon.

cya tomorrow

dungarover
1st July 2006, 12:25 PM
Those standard rangie engine mounts are so F:censored: ed. But appart from that shes all good to go!

Be careful Camo, the engine fan doesn't end up going through the radiator if they're that bad. I've seen this happen once on a RRC trip and it's not pretty :eek:

Have fun anyway.

Trav

Camo
1st July 2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah I know all about that noise trav! never letting it do that again..I keep extra wire in car for emergency.

Catchya at the next meeting mate

camo

dungarover
1st July 2006, 01:23 PM
No worries.

Trav

harry
2nd July 2006, 06:27 AM
i should see you at the tav at 1030 am, and bolts is likely to be there also.
now out to the truck to fix it for this morning,
er, stevo sounds like a plan will see how we are peddaling after this morning, thanks for the invite.

Outlaw
2nd July 2006, 03:49 PM
Well we did have a bit of fun today and scored a lovely coat of mud across my entire vehicle including inside :eek: but never fear... will remember to put the window up next time... even a nice shade of mud inside the snorkel :p

Pac Pines didn't eventuate even though it looked like it was going to be a lot of fun... a security patrol for the area saw us turn in and stopped us straight away... i was the lead vehicle so did get to do a couple bog runs before having to turn around and head out... lucky though really as i'm not too confident that the couple stock vehicles with road tyres would have been able to get through the start.

Ended up down at the quarry for a good play... had the whole good vs evil thing going on again with evil coming out on top AGAIN :twisted: and Good having a flooded engine for half an hour or so and losing his new flare in the process :eek:

Hopefully will have some pics and movies up tomorrow.

Thanks for a great day guys :burnrubber:

stevo68
2nd July 2006, 05:14 PM
Was a great day, really winding out my last precious moments with the D3 :( . Must remember for next time to have the windows up when following Harry so I dont end up with a car, mouth, eyes, clothes, dashboard full of mud :eek: , nothing like being at point blank range with a V8 at full howl, wheels spinning and copping the aftermath :D . Ditto thanks for a great day, oh and Ford won in the Super V8s, so Loaded and I got to down a few cold ones. Will give more notice for the next one,

Regards

Stevo

LoadedDisco
2nd July 2006, 08:51 PM
Yep great day for a Ford fan they kicked ass all weekend. :burnrubber:

Thanks Stevo for the big screen atmosphere.
A relaxing afternoon.

x-box
3rd July 2006, 06:51 AM
Josh, i passed you on the freeway heading the other way and would like to see some photo's of the day, particularly as i could'nt see your car - only a mudball travelling at speed:confused::o:p. Looks like it could have been fun and sorry i missed out, but had already made other plans:(. Looking forward to catching up on the Bribie trip. See you guys on Thursday:)

Camo
3rd July 2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah was a great morning out..for everyone else..I lasted about 5 mins before I floaded engine with muddy water!:D Cheers Harry for the help cleaning the intake. Looks like a snorkle is in order. Have to admit Evil is better in the water...for now:p I better let him have 1 for once.:)

Look forward to Bribie this weekend everyone..cya at meeting on Thursday

camo

drivesafe
3rd July 2006, 04:50 PM
So X, you want to see some Landies, try these.

Camo’s first and snorkle my ass, try a submarine

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2006/07/145.jpg

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2006/07/146.jpg

Here’s Outlaw’s and this is what happens when you leave the window down ( been there, done that )

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2006/07/147.jpg

Still a great day though.

dungarover
3rd July 2006, 04:55 PM
Yep, done that before. I was at Beerwah a couple of years ago in Aquarangie and drowned it badly.
I am a bit aprehensive about mud, I just hate cleaning it all off :mad: :mad: But I bet you have a bloody ripper time doing it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trav

Outlaw
3rd July 2006, 05:11 PM
http://www.visioncentral.org/aulro/outlaw.mp4
:eek::eek::twisted:

stevo68
3rd July 2006, 05:36 PM
Ive got another mud run of yourself ( outlaw), but also another video of you coming down on the the hills with a little jump at the end, will have it posted soon,

Regards

Stevo