PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN 2014 Discovery 4 SDV6 (Kaikoura Stone)

LukeO
7th June 2021, 01:03 PM
G'day Everyone,

I'm not holding out much hope to see any of this stuff (including the car) returned however in the hope of maybe catching someone trying to sell stolen parts let's give this a crack.....

My 2014 Discovery 4 SDV6 in Kaikoura Stone colour with Black Pack accessories was stolen last night from Seven Hills in Brisbane. Last seen taking the Stapylton West exit off the Logan Motorway at 11:50pm.

Some items that might be found for sale in the near future:

iTechworld 120X LiFeP04 battery
iTechworld 40 amp DC/DC charger
XTM air compressor
PowerTech 240V inverter
Kings 12V panel
FlexiMake 12V high pressure water pump
RhinoRack Platform (2128mm x 1236mm)
RhinoRack full length BackBone rails

All items were practically brand new. Again, not holding on to much hope for return of items but one can hope.

101RRS
7th June 2021, 01:10 PM
I hope it all works out well in the end.

How did they get it?

Good luck
Garry

LukeO
7th June 2021, 01:12 PM
I hope it all works out well in the end.

How did they get it?

Good luck
Garry

Scarily enough they entered the house (while I was awake watching the F1) and took the key and the missus purse off the kitchen counter.

101RRS
7th June 2021, 01:40 PM
Scarily enough they entered the house (while I was awake watching the F1) and took the key and the missus purse off the kitchen counter.

Yes that is what I suspected - my house was entered with people home last year - the car was not home but the spare keys on the key hook and thankfully not touched. I now keep the keys more secure when home.

Garry

Grumbles
7th June 2021, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear that. Like you I think it is gone for good. Very brazen of the thieves but maybe a good thing you or your Mrs didn't encounter them or things could have been much worse.

LukeO
7th June 2021, 03:08 PM
Sorry to hear that. Like you I think it is gone for good. Very brazen of the thieves but maybe a good thing you or your Mrs didn't encounter them or things could have been much worse.

Cheers guys.
Exactly, lucky for us the missus and kid weren't home alone. Lucky for them I didn't catch them in the act......

Lesson learned on keeping all valuables in a safe place (even in my own house).

Homestar
8th June 2021, 09:49 AM
Bugger, that's really scary. I keep the keys to the cars I love in a safe place and the keys to the company cars in the front room just inside the front door for easy pickings should this ever happen to us.

Tombie
8th June 2021, 11:54 AM
Bugger, that's really scary. I keep the keys to the cars I love in a safe place and the keys to the company cars in the front room just inside the front door for easy pickings should this ever happen to us.

One of the better options.

Hiding keys and wallet often ends in a nesty home invasion. Most occur when occupants are sleeping / more vulnerable.

If they cant get the keys to what they want, the often then threaten and intimidate the owner, usually still half asleep.

Better they take the keys and **** off...

Grumbles
8th June 2021, 12:15 PM
Well......I've mozzed myself. Locking up the house around 10PM last night prior to bed I opened the back door to check the security door is fully locked. It opens into the carports and as I rattle the handle some-one immediately bolts from the second car down the driveway and away. Three cars are parked there but fortunately nothing untoward happened.

scarry
8th June 2021, 02:11 PM
They are talking fingerprint biometric tech for mainstream cars.
That should stop these scumbags, that is until they find a way around it I suppose.

Speaking to a Copper mate not long ago, there were 48 cars stolen in the Townsville region in 24hrs a few months ago.

Something is definitely wrong with the judicial system.

We hang my wife's deceased parents car keys in full view, on the hatstand, and keep ours very well hidden all the time.
Their car went to the wreckers.

Homestar
8th June 2021, 03:20 PM
One of the better options.

Hiding keys and wallet often ends in a nesty home invasion. Most occur when occupants are sleeping / more vulnerable.

If they cant get the keys to what they want, the often then threaten and intimidate the owner, usually still half asleep.

Better they take the keys and **** off...

Yeah, my thoughts are along those lines - They can have the 5 year old Hilux with 200,000KM on it or a 6 month old Equinox with 6,000KM on it - both plastered in bright orange signage from our company, so not a target most would want given there's plenty of more desirable vehicles in the street in full view and easy to get to. They other options are the 101, the RRC, the Jag or the Sprinter - the Jag requires the RRC and Sprinter to be moved and the garage roller door opening so that ones pretty safe. The 101 requires the Sprinter to be moved. The Hilux and Equinox are both on the kerbside. The Sprinters keys are well hidden. Anyone wanting the Hilux or Equinox are most welcome to them.

There are also 4 HD commercial quality cameras out the front and the local drug dealer knows they are there and how good they are, but is a good guy and probably tells all his mates to steer clear of our place anyway as we help him out time to time when he has rental inspections - all his motorbikes end up parked in my driveway for the day as the owner isn't keen on his backyard being taken up by his 'collection'. [biggrin]

You only have to make the next property look like an easier target which I think we've achieved.