PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with Honda in VIC ?

gromit
21st June 2021, 06:01 PM
Seems Honda have pulled the pin on most of the dealers in VIC.

Old news but I only found out when a colleague told me he was trading in his Honda because the dealership was closing later this month.

Honda Australia announces ‘devastating’ changes (https://www.news.com.au/technology/motoring/motoring-news/honda-australia-announces-devastating-changes/news-story/2cee5f14c5e55d50900d1c66fa9f3b11)

Colin

Homestar
21st June 2021, 07:18 PM
Canít recall where I heard this but in the back of my mind I knew this was happening. Honda lost the plot years ago so not really unexpected. Only retired lawn bowlers bought Hondaís anyway didnít they?

They make good small engines and gensets though. [emoji106]

p38arover
21st June 2021, 08:42 PM
I saw it on the Whirlpool forum months back and, I think, in one of John Cadogen's videos.

Ah, here was the link that was on Whirlpool a year ago:

Update: Honda rules out leaving Australia, but may reduce its dealer network or appoint an independent distributor | CarAdvice (https://www.caradvice.com.au/833648/honda-considering-leaving-australia/)

And Honda is considering its options - leaving Australia? - Honda (https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/9rpnyjp9)

gromit
23rd June 2021, 05:40 AM
Honda lost the plot years ago so not really unexpected. Only retired lawn bowlers bought Hondaís anyway didnít they?

[emoji106]

The gentleman that told me what Honda are doing is in his 70's [smilebigeye]

Seems they want to have fixed car prices because their customers don't like the haggling process. Just read that Mercedes are about to do the same.

The way Honda have made the change has meant long standing dealers have no choice but to close.
Senate inquiry into car dealerships prompts overhaul of franchising rules - ABC News (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-19/car-dealerships-honda-franchisee-inquiry-reforms/13259104)

Colin

Tins
23rd June 2021, 01:47 PM
Only retired lawn bowlers bought Hondaís anyway didnít they?

Dunno about that. Still see quite a few Preludes and Civics with weird lights, big tailpipes and massive turbos around....

They make good small engines and gensets though. [emoji106]

I'd argue they make OUTSTANDING small engines and gensets. The bikes seem ok as well.

Homestar
23rd June 2021, 05:05 PM
Dunno about that. Still see quite a few Preludes and Civics with weird lights, big tailpipes and massive turbos around....

Newer ones or older ones?

I'd argue they make OUTSTANDING small engines and gensets. The bikes seem ok as well.

Yes, bikes are very good - how did I forget that - I own one! [emoji38]

Tins
23rd June 2021, 05:12 PM
Newer ones or older ones?

[emoji38]

There are new Preludes?? Nah, the old "shark" Preludes. Honda could sure build engines. But I get it, Gav. Lotsa Hondas were like the old Volvo with the bowls hat on the back shelf.

Eevo
23rd June 2021, 05:15 PM
Yes, bikes are very good - how did I forget that - I own one! [emoji38]

suddenly everything about homestar makes sense.

if nismo is is nissan motorsports, then what is honda motorsports called? [bigwhistle]

mick88
23rd June 2021, 05:30 PM
There are new Preludes?? Nah, the old "shark" Preludes. Honda could sure build engines. But I get it, Gav. Lotsa Hondas were like the old Volvo with the bowls hat on the back shelf.

I believe they make the Isuzu V6 engines under licence too..designed by Renault.
They know what they are doing and make good gear.

Cheers, Mick

Tins
23rd June 2021, 06:05 PM
They know what they are doing and make good gear.

Cheers, Mick

Arguably one of the best engine designer/builders ever. I find the cars generally underwhelming but I would give quite a lot for a turn in the original NS-X.

33chinacars
24th June 2021, 12:00 PM
Current Honda cars :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

But on the other hand Honda Bikes etc :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Homestar
24th June 2021, 02:01 PM

if nismo is is nissan motorsports, then what is honda motorsports called? [bigwhistle]

That actually made me laugh out loud - while Iím sitting in a quiet office with some of the other Sales team. Just got some strange looks. [emoji16][emoji106]

Homestar
24th June 2021, 02:02 PM
Current Honda cars :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

But on the other hand Honda Bikes etc :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hello mate - havenít seen you on here much for a while. Hope youíre keeping well? [emoji106]

loanrangie
25th June 2021, 06:34 AM
Yeah they only make granny cars, S2000 was the last decent car they made although the new hybrid supercar (NSR ?) is nice.

rick130
25th June 2021, 06:55 AM
Cadogan had some interesting things to say about Honda Oz (cars) a while back and predicted they'd pull out of Australia as the local management team appeared inept.

Grumbles
25th June 2021, 07:15 AM
Yeah they only make granny cars,

I've always believed Honda to be a no worries manufacturer of all their products. Back in 2013 we were going to buy 'er indoors a new car. We looked at a Honda sedan but she didn't like it. I did....a lot! So I guess that officially I am an old f**t. We didn't buy it. Later on I learnt that the auto transmission in that model was a known failure point.

33chinacars
27th June 2021, 06:38 PM
Hello mate - havenít seen you on here much for a while. Hope youíre keeping well? [emoji106]

Hey Mate

Apart from being thrown by a cow [ broken rib & part of my torn nearly off. Call me Vincent / sown back on ] And loosing 50 kgs . Not too bad . Semi retired .

Spend a lot of time doing Family Tree's & Scanning old photo's [ 1000's ++++ ] Doing a lot for someone who is writing a book on the local area.

What about you

Cheers

Arapiles
27th June 2021, 09:57 PM

Honda motorsports is called:

Honda.Racing - The official home of Honda Racing (https://honda.racing/)

The tuned consumer cars are by Mugen:

MUGEN english | 無限 MUGEN (http://www.mugen-power.com/english/)