PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Mapping Solution

sclarke
18th July 2006, 08:54 PM
Guys,
Many many many hours of downloading and searching have uncovered what i think is one of the best products around

MapMonkey.

You need Destinator 3.075 or later for the maps and the MapMonkey is its front end.
Perfect for Laptop installations.

Steve

matbor
18th July 2006, 09:17 PM
Guys,
Many many many hours of downloading and searching have uncovered what i think is one of the best products around

MapMonkey.

You need Destinator 3.075 or later for the maps and the MapMonkey is its front end.
Perfect for Laptop installations.

Steve

also need the destinator sdk i think to make it work.

Have found that mapmonkey doesn't work as well as destinator on the PDA. Ihave just started using TomTom now on the PDA, maps are a bit better than destinator.

When are u going the complete car pc :) www.mp3car.com (http://www.mp3car.com) :eek:

disco_ute
18th July 2006, 09:22 PM
Been using it for round 12 months now and it has one really bad fault...

It Cant distinguish between a hwy and dirt road which sh!ts me to no end.

If u want mobile mapping Ozi is the best and if you want turn by turn and u have a recent mobile phone tomtom 5 mobile is all I will say...... ;p

EchiDna
18th July 2006, 11:52 PM
also need the destinator sdk i think to make it work.

Have found that mapmonkey doesn't work as well as destinator on the PDA. Ihave just started using TomTom now on the PDA, maps are a bit better than destinator.

When are u going the complete car pc :) www.mp3car.com (http://www.mp3car.com) :eek:

say where did you buy the tomtom software matbor?
I can't seem to find the australia map set for sale....

matbor
19th July 2006, 08:24 AM
say where did you buy the tomtom software matbor?
I can't seem to find the australia map set for sale....

:wasntme: let's just say, money didn't exchange hands :nazilock:

disco_ute
19th July 2006, 08:38 AM
:wasntme: let's just say, money didn't exchange hands :nazilock:

you would be correct:nazilock: and thats all i will say about it on a the plublic forum :p:p

sclarke
19th July 2006, 04:12 PM
Stolenware..............................:o

Mine are all legit copys Officer....:cool:

disco_ute
19th July 2006, 04:19 PM
if you have a laptop the destinator / mapmonkey combo is pretty much what is out there.

p38arover
17th September 2006, 08:48 AM
I've been playing with Destinator PN on my iPAQ running an SDIO GPS and it gives bloody useless instructions.

Today on the way to work, it had me travelling on a different road and kept going on about route recalcualtion, I was travelling above the speed limit (I wasn't), it wanted me to take wrong turns, to do U-turns, etc.

Yesterday, I had the same problems when going to Disco Inferno's business in Toongabbie. Destinator wanted me to do U-turns on the freeway, told me to take non-existant turn-offs - and if those turn-offs had existed, to turn the wrong way.

I certainly wouldn't trust it to give correct directions. Often when it was correctly directing me, the directions came too late.

Ron

disco_ute
17th September 2006, 09:35 AM
I fnd destinator pretty stupid for the reasons mentioned above!!

I have TomTom 5 mobile on my Nikoa N70 with a BT-308 bluetooth Gps.... and OMG how cool is it!! for turn by turn navigation it is so smart.... and just for a little hint for those who have Ipaq etc

Mick