PDA

View Full Version : City Navigator Australia v7

cols110
8th October 2006, 02:04 AM
G`day all, I am thinking about buying this to run in my 276c, and want to know what sized card you need to load the entire map, or does it not all fit on the 512 card. I know Europe does`nt as it is about 2gb in size, where as the Middle East fits on a 128mb card.

I have enquired about the size of the map out here in Dubai, but all I get is blank stares. :(

slipedisk
8th October 2006, 12:50 PM
G`day all, I am thinking about buying this to run in my 276c, and want to know what sized card you need to load the entire map, or does it not all fit on the 512 card. I know Europe does`nt as it is about 2gb in size, where as the Middle East fits on a 128mb card.

I have enquired about the size of the map out here in Dubai, but all I get is blank stares. :(

Not much of the Middle East to map is there?????? probally 128mb is more than enough

loanrangie
13th October 2006, 07:14 AM
Sand, sand, sand, sand - oh look , more sand !

cols110
20th October 2006, 04:37 AM
http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/graphics/citynavMideast/gr-coveragemap.jpg

Yep lots of sand and not a great deal else, I think it only really has detailed maps for Oman and the UAE.

cols110
20th October 2006, 04:41 AM
City Navigator is a 'turn by turn' auto-routing street map product.
It includes all cities, rural towns, main highways, secondary rural roads and a reasonable coverage of dirt tracks. Needs an auto-routing capable GPS receiver to support it.
139 MB for all of Australia but partial areas can be loaded.
Uses a code (generated on Garmin's website) to unlock all of Australia.

Found it, 139mb for all of OZ, not bad at all.

Goes to show how over populated Europe is at 2gb.