PDA

View Full Version : Need a Off road Fix -

bolts
1st November 2006, 08:25 AM
Okay as most of the club knows I've been overseas for a month and have not had my 4x4 fun fix for a while:wacko:. So need one :eek2:.

So is there anyone who is up for a drive this weekend either a quick play at the back of Old Coach road or through the back of Ormeo as I was told today of how you can still get in and shown direction:cool:.

Please let me know by Friday afternoon.

Cheers
Bolts

nath
1st November 2006, 02:45 PM
What time are you thinking of going i could well be up for a bit of a drive

nath

LoadedDisco
1st November 2006, 11:12 PM
Would like to but Saturday I am busy.

bolts
2nd November 2006, 10:05 AM
Okay I up for either a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning, depending on where we are going to go - back of Ormeo or Old coach road.

bolts
2nd November 2006, 03:49 PM
For anyone still keen on a drive X-box and I are looking at heading out Sunday morning and will be a morning run only back by lunch. If you want to come along let me know or gives us a call.

See you tonight for those coming to meeting.

Caveman
3rd November 2006, 01:53 PM
Hey Bolts....welcome back.
Hope you had a good trip.

I'm keen to come out for a bit of a run on Sunday.....where/when are you meeting.???

GuyG
3rd November 2006, 02:29 PM
Hey Bolts

I could be interested also - pending getting the starter motor swapped

Cheers Guy

bolts
3rd November 2006, 04:11 PM
Hi all

At this time looking at run out to the Ormeo - got directions today on how to get in so thought meet Coomera BP at 9:00am will pm all coming with modile no to confirm at saturday afternoon if your still coming out on sunday.

Catch you all then
Bolts

Caveman
4th November 2006, 06:47 PM
I'll see you at the BP @ 9.

LoadedDisco
5th November 2006, 07:31 PM
So how did you guys go.
Any Pics I was wanting to make it but didn't wake up in time. I did not get back from Tweed till 10:00am.
Interested to here about the bike ride as well. :)

MickG
5th November 2006, 07:40 PM
Interested to here about the bike ride as well. :)

Well, the bike ride didn't happen as NO-ONE TURNED UP:eek: Everyone pulled the pin at the last minute, so I packed the bike back into the car and headed home again.......maybe another time eh;)

Aye, Mick

Caveman
6th November 2006, 08:15 AM
Which bike ride was that......????
I don't remember hearing anything about a bike ride....or was it decided at the last meeting, which I didn't attend.??

The Sunday morning 4x4 fix ended up only being Bolts and Myself (with Catherine along for the ride). We entered Ormeau at the usual spot on Upper Ormeau Rd, and drove all the way though on the Ridge Track, and out the watertower entrance.
Nothing really exciting, just a nice casual drive, with a bit of mud from the rain the night before.

For those wondering, both the enterances we used are still open, with no signs of any gates/fences.

MickG
6th November 2006, 08:20 AM
Which bike ride was that......????
I don't remember hearing anything about a bike ride....or was it decided at the last meeting, which I didn't attend.??

Last minute thing which I didn't post to all. If you are keen and like a ride, I might try again next weekend?!

Aye, Mick

Caveman
6th November 2006, 08:26 AM
What sort of ride are we talking here.......
I'm a mad keen mountainbiker, and would be interested in an offroad ride.

If it's a road ride, my bikes not set up for that really.

If you want to hit some great tracks, there are heaps 5 mins from my place....Daisy Hill State Forest.

MickG
6th November 2006, 08:31 AM
What sort of ride are we talking here.......
I'm a mad keen mountainbiker, and would be interested in an offroad ride.

If it's a road ride, my bikes not set up for that really.

If you want to hit some great tracks, there are heaps 5 mins from my place....Daisy Hill State Forest.

Yep, off road ride through Nerang forest, some real good down hill sections and crazy jumps if you like that sort of thing. Mainly just tracks going up and down and along ridges......if you like your mountain biking you'll love it.........will keep you posted;)

Might actually put a post up in General

MickG
6th November 2006, 08:38 AM
Mountain bike post here,

http://www.aulro.com/afvb/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=138

bolts
6th November 2006, 10:50 AM
Run out to Ormea was good, very wet after rains but good news is that you can get in through the both entrances at water tower and upper ormea road as well. With the rain it was washed the graded road out and as such made it worth while. other people have been through and made new tracks through as some old ones have been blocked off. Would love to do a run through there with the club as potential to play on new tracks would be interesting, before they close it off again.