PDA

View Full Version : Racing Simulators

shorty943
17th December 2006, 09:23 AM
Sort of in the line of virtual vehicles. Has antone had a fiddle with a race sim called Live For Speed, not (r) not to be confused with the kiddy krap needforspeed. Live for speed is avery good Racing simulator with online racing leagues from 1300cc front wheel drive all the way up to F1, with the help of F1 teams like Sauber BMW to generate the physics. It is a free download from Live for speed.net, that allows a bit of a play on one track (Blackwood Park England) with a one of registration of 25 English pounds that opens up a world of real racing. Yes folks no kiddy stuff here. Real racing against real world class drivers in real leagues.

Then there is Flight Gear, an interesting and improving open source Flight sim.

Next is Sim Ship, not to be confused with vitua sailor, sim ship is used to help train sea going officers in primary ship handleing.

It may be coming apparent I am not into puter games much. But a good simulator will keep me enthralled for hours.

Will keep all posted from time to time as I find more GOOD stuff.

regards shorty943.

Blknight.aus
17th December 2006, 09:04 PM
Now sim ship is something Id like to get an eyeball onto

shorty943
18th December 2006, 11:15 PM
Dave, I'll chase up the web address for you.

shorty.

shorty943
19th December 2006, 06:15 PM
Dave, I'll chase up the web address for you.

shorty.

Bloody lysdexia.

www.shipsim-secure.com

There you go man, keep as cool as you can. ( Moody Blues-Seventh sojourn.)

All the best,

shorty.

Quiggers
19th December 2006, 11:18 PM
Thank you, I've steered a few ships - this'll be fascinating....

I still want to do a handbrake turn at full knots with an aircraft carrier - done it with a cruiser........

GQ

shorty943
20th December 2006, 12:32 AM
Thank you, I've steered a few ships - this'll be fascinating....

I still want to do a handbrake turn at full knots with an aircraft carrier - done it with a cruiser........

GQ

We seem to paralell a bit quiggers. drove carriers at 16, onto destroyers at 18, nothing like 50,000 HP, back to carriers again at 21, on the flight deck. We don't have cruisers, used to, but not when I was in.

Raced bikes for years till it started to hurt too much.

shorty.