PDA

View Full Version : Not Happy Jan

DRanged
7th February 2007, 08:24 PM
OK

Back in 2003 when we converted the Rangie to diesel, I took it down to the local exhaust place in western sydney to have a system built for it. Got it back home , had a look and it looked like a 2.5" exhaust. Since then I have always had a flat spot in the engine, which I put down to it being me, as it was the first diesel I had rebuilt.

Well after City View I split the expansion joint on the exhaust, no problem pull it off and weld on a new one. Pulled it off and found that a 2' expansion joint had been used, and the cunning dog had welded 2.5" tubes over the ends:mad: . Talking to my local Tweed exhaust guy this would have caused a lot of turbulance. Well I thought yeh maybe, so armed with a 2.5' expansion joint I welded it on this morning and took it for a test.

Guess what no freakin flat spot anymore, and a lot quieter:D :D

Now I dont know if we can bag a company on the forum so:angel:

If their was another planet, say called Minchinbury, and on this planet they had an exhaust business, I would go and see the owner (if he were the same as on our planet} and I would jam that 2" expansion joint fair up his tail pipe.

So lesson learnt.

I think we should start a list of suppliers that go beyond the norm to help, and carry out good quality workmanship and start a club preferred list.

Any thoughts??????

Justin

stevo68
8th February 2007, 09:10 AM
I think we should start a list of suppliers that go beyond the norm to help, and carry out good quality workmanship and start a club preferred list.
Good idea as it also helps others who may not know where to go

Regards

Stevo

Outlaw
8th February 2007, 09:22 AM
Done

bolts
8th February 2007, 11:34 AM
Second

stevo68
8th February 2007, 11:54 AM
Second WTF, huh, huh, FFS thats the best you can come up with :p :p :p , SECOND WHAT?????:eek: :p ;) :twisted: :o :) :wasntme:

Regards

Stevo

bolts
8th February 2007, 12:17 PM
WTF, huh, huh, FFS thats the best you can come up with :p :p :p , SECOND WHAT?????:eek: :p ;) :twisted: :o :) :wasntme:

Regards

Stevo
A little late Stevo - motion to set up dealers listing for club. MMMMMMM:mad: Outlaw has already set up link - but hey good to see you working hard :eek: NOT

stevo68
8th February 2007, 12:20 PM
A little late Stevo - motion to set up dealers listing for club. MMMMMMM:angry: Outlaw has already set up link - but hey good to see you working hard :eek: NOT Well perhaps you should have written that, then, shouldnt you have?????? :p :p , instead of the likes of me having to SECOND guess :D . Yeah I am working hard, working hard at keeping my sanity :eek:

Regards

Stevo

Outlaw
8th February 2007, 01:04 PM
WTF are you two on about??? :eek: i haven't even left yet and already things are going screwy :p

WARNING
WARNING

Please BEWARE of Bolts & Stevo68 over the next 2 weeks while not under supervision... also Grimace as of wednesday when he gets his new rangy.

hehe :D

bolts
8th February 2007, 04:26 PM
WTF are you two on about??? :eek: i haven't even left yet and already things are going screwy :p

WARNING
WARNING

Please BEWARE of Bolts & Stevo68 over the next 2 weeks while not under supervision... also Grimace as of wednesday when he gets his new rangy.

hehe :D

Haven't you left yet - Oh yes where are the new name stickers with the new club channel for the back of the cars before you go off to Japan:spudnikwaving::spudnikwaving::spudnikwaving: :spudnikwaving::spudnikwaving:

LoadedDisco
8th February 2007, 04:55 PM
With all the red and green I thought it was bloody Christmas again. :eek:

Outlaw
8th February 2007, 07:40 PM
HOY... come on... i create you a new forum and still nothing in there... chop chop.

cya

stevo68
8th February 2007, 08:13 PM
Oi, all i said was it was a good idea :p , it was justins suggestion :p , when I have a recommended supplier I will post, oooh got one :D

Regards

Stevo

x-box
9th February 2007, 07:42 AM
now now people, let's just all remain calm and get back on track.
you guys sound worse than the parliament!!!!
back on track - good to hear it's sorted Justin :)

also good idea to put a good word in for decent repairers and suppliers, they appreciate it as well and we will reap the benefits.

ps. you lot have a safe and enjoyable weekend!