PDA

View Full Version : LookWhat I've Done

seqfisho
19th February 2007, 03:47 PM
We placed the order today for our CT, after about 18 months of looking and looking and looking we have finally bitten the bullet and ordered a Lifestyle Explorer Plus
https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2007/02/90.jpg

I was ready to order a Trackabout Safari but the boss was away with his comp truck on the weekend so we went and had a look at Lifestyle's trailers, just in case and I'm real glad we did, very happy with a lot of the small things and the deal that John is doing us is fantastic, more than I could have hoped for and a lot of features for our budget.

Basic specs are 12ft tent, full screened annex, provisions for front awning, second door to front of tent, front box fitted for fridge (taller lid and venting) rear mount spare, AT35 hitch, 7 leaf rebound shackle springs, solid 45mm square axel, HD hubs with parallel bearings (NSKs) electric brakes, handbrake, 75x50 chassis and triple drawbar etc

That combined with the excellent standard features and quality build and we are over the moon, expect to get it around the middle of March:cool:

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2007/02/91.jpg

incisor
19th February 2007, 04:37 PM
very nice!

but you arent getting a blue one are you?

the horse flies will love you with a vengence!

p38arover
19th February 2007, 04:44 PM
very nice!

My tent has a yellow top. The flies love it.

Ron

seqfisho
19th February 2007, 05:53 PM
very nice!

Nope, cover is grey and tent is beige and green;)

incisor
19th February 2007, 06:27 PM
PHEW!

thought for a moment you may have forgotten about that sort of thing

should have had more faith hey .... :P

loanrangie
19th February 2007, 10:58 PM
Lucky bstrd, i spent most of my time at Wandin looking at camper trailers, will be working hard on swmbo to step up from tents now that we have another little one due in the next 3 weeks.

Redback
20th February 2007, 08:16 AM
Yes very nice indeed, where ya goin first:D

Baz.

DiscoDan
23rd February 2007, 09:21 AM

Does it really make a difference, sorry this is something I need to know as swmbo wants blue and grey....

That is if I can get her out of the tent (Southern Cross 13x10 Tourer).

I look at this way if I gotta tow a trailer and I do, series one Disco and three kids, I should be towing the camper.

PS. I prefer the Lifestyle to the Trackabout

Utemad
23rd February 2007, 09:29 AM
My camper canvas is dark blue and beige. Haven't had a problem with horse flies on the whole two times I've used it. Although that did include a Double Island trip which has horse flies galore.

These things are fully screened anyway.

I'll do a survey during any future trips in regards to horse fly concentration at our camper in comparison to other colour campers :)

incisor
23rd February 2007, 09:29 AM
blue definetly attracts way more horse/march/bigbadwhateveryouliketocallthem flies in my experience.

they still roll up to other colours as well, just more so to blue...

are you going to be going places where they are a problem?

Utemad
23rd February 2007, 09:32 AM
Does it really make a difference, sorry this is something I need to know as swmbo wants blue and grey....

I'll have to show her our blue/beige camper at Janowen then ;) Louise picked the colours for ours.

I reckon the blue looks great. Horseflies must have good taste :).

Utemad
23rd February 2007, 09:35 AM
are you going to be going places where they are a problem?

If that is for me then yes I do go places were they are a problem (mainly DI). However the more horse flies that come to me the more subjects I have for my fun and games. Like making horse fly planes and tying them together with hair etc :cool:

incisor
23rd February 2007, 09:36 AM
I reckon the blue looks great. Horseflies must have good taste :).
that they do, i learnt the hard way with a tent we had....it looked great, felt great, and attracted the bitey mongrels great. not so much of a worry with adults but it was a real worry when the kids were little...

these days we use one of those mortein outside candle lamp thingos and have no worries at all...they are marvellous.

incisor
23rd February 2007, 09:38 AM
If that is for me then yes I do go places were they are a problem (mainly DI). However the more horse flies that come to me the more subjects I have for my fun and games. Like making horse fly planes and tying them together with hair etc :cool:

:eek: .... fishing is much more fun :P

incisor
23rd February 2007, 09:41 AM
the other thing i suppose is how many other blue setups are around you, if there are quite a few then there will be little to no worry compared to being somewhere where you are it, i suppose...... we tended to be off on our own.

Pedro_The_Swift
28th February 2007, 05:49 PM
dark blue will do it every time---:mad:

but thats one nice bit 'o kit :)