PDA

View Full Version : Who's up for another Beerwah trip??

dungarover
22nd February 2007, 05:43 PM
Getting itchy feet, want to get out to beerwah/beerburrun SF again.

Plenty of mud in there ATM so it will be challenging. Poweline track the other way (and more fun too) than last time but much the same. Will re-visit Air locker climb (Justin certainly remembers it :eek: :eek: ) and marble track (didn't do that one last time). Also Big red should be a goer if we get the right time of day (best off AM as afternoon the sun blinds you going up :eek: :eek: :eek: ).

Mick if you read this, please PM me for some dates. I'm not to sure what we have on the calender ATM. Probly early May would be good.

Okay, who's intersted. This is a Hard (Big red G4 rated) trip, or a 'Trav trip' :twisted: :twisted: 8 vehicle max is the go

Hardy
22nd February 2007, 07:16 PM
Yes please !!

Hardy

GuyG
22nd February 2007, 07:39 PM
Trav

Possibly interested depending when you make it - rangie currently getting the gearbox replaced. Big Red will be out - let me know with remaining of tracks you intend to do. You know roughly what I can and can't/don't do.

Cheers Guy

DRanged
22nd February 2007, 09:05 PM
Kn'oath

Not going to let Air Locker hill get one on me;)

Might leave the kids at home if we are going to play rough:D

Justin

Anyone up for the Navi seat????

MickG
23rd February 2007, 08:33 AM
Yep, will depend on dates and will leave kids if we are going to go hard this time;) Also navi seat in mine as well if anyone wants to see how a D2 should be driven..................or at least how to scratch and dent a D2;) :D :D

Caveman
23rd February 2007, 08:47 AM
I'm happy to navi for either Justin or Mick....... :)

stikman
23rd February 2007, 09:08 AM
Navi in either seat could be on the cards for me also. Would love to play but need some better rubber first :(

bolts
23rd February 2007, 09:49 AM
Okay if the boys are out to play - I'm in - let us know dates ect as that could change, should have new rubber on by then as well :cool:. Navi seat is also up for anyone who wants to do the ruff stuff in leather and climate control comfort. :D

Also see how a D2 should be driven without bending panels ---------- Hey Mick:angel:

Camo
23rd February 2007, 10:27 AM
I'm in for sure!

Looks like Me, aquarangie and DRanged (Grimace hopefully) will have to show how to drive a classic:D

Imagine having x4 Classics! oh what a sight!

Camo

MickG
23rd February 2007, 01:25 PM
Also see how a D2 should be driven without bending panels ---------- Hey Mick:angel:

Your just not driving hard enough:cool: :D

What's this talk of new rubber though?? What are you thinking?

dungarover
23rd February 2007, 01:39 PM
Okay, how's the 19th May sound? It will be a Saturday run as last time the traffic on Sundays is ****house from the coast and for you poor bastards down the GC it's even worse :mad: :mad: :mad:

Details as per last trip. Unlocked vehicles are welcome but must have MT's on as the minimum.

Yes Camo, 4 classics on one trip (if Grimace gets his **** into gear and gets that Rangie going) would be god to see :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trav

MickG
23rd February 2007, 01:45 PM
Pencilled in but baby number 3 due on the 13th of May so will have to be the best husband in the world in the lead up if i'm to stand any chance of getting away then:eek:

Will keep you posted as I hate when you guys have fun without me:D :D

dungarover
23rd February 2007, 02:59 PM
Pencilled in but baby number 3 due on the 13th of May so will have to be the best husband in the world in the lead up if i'm to stand any chance of getting away then:eek:

Will keep you posted as I hate when you guys have fun without me:D :D

Can make it the week after if you liked. I'm not fussed and open to date chage at this stage as I have nothing planned.

Need to dent the roof of the mack truck to match the other side :twisted: :twisted: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Trav

MickG
23rd February 2007, 03:04 PM
Can make it the week after if you liked. I'm not fussed and open to date chage at this stage as I have nothing planned.

Need to dent the roof of the mack truck to match the other side :twisted: :twisted: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Trav

Good of you Trav but don't change on my account as things may change last minute anyway. Will keep you spoted though and yes need to "modify" the other side of the mack truck plus also need to balance up the go faster stripe/dent from the Springs a few weeks ago:D :D

All fun and games eh?!:D

dungarover
23rd February 2007, 03:08 PM
Bloody oath :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trav

nath
23rd February 2007, 05:35 PM
I'm happy jump in as navi for who ever , if a seat is open

Caveman
26th February 2007, 08:11 AM
Good of you Trav but don't change on my account as things may change last minute anyway. Will keep you spoted though and yes need to "modify" the other side of the mack truck plus also need to balance up the go faster stripe/dent from the Springs a few weeks ago:D :D

All fun and games eh?!:D

No worries Mick....I'm sure if you can't make it due to bub no.3 ......one of us will volunteer to take the D2 out for you and put a couple more dents in it. :)

bolts
26th February 2007, 10:36 AM
I'm happy jump in as navi for who ever , if a seat is open

Stickman if Mick does not run then I have seat as well open.

stikman
26th February 2007, 11:22 AM
I dont mind the idea of Leather seats and Climate Control....... :D

Depends on dates, but should be good to go. You never know, if i have my tyres be then and numbers look OK i might replace Mick as the person damaging their car :o :twisted:

NOZ
26th February 2007, 08:40 PM
The thought is there but I dont know if I am up for a another near roll over

dungarover
27th February 2007, 12:52 PM
The thought is there but I dont know if I am up for a another near roll over

Don't be a woos. Just have to take a better line next time.

In all honesty, it's a bit spooky that bit. Close to brown undie teritory :eek: :eek: :eek:

Trav

LoadedDisco
28th February 2007, 12:15 PM
Close to brown undie teritory :eek: :eek: :eek:

Trav

That puts me out then. No way. :eek:

dungarover
28th February 2007, 01:25 PM
What's wrong with you blokes, where's your sense of adventure :o

Steep hills, diff locks and potential carnage (preferably not), all included in a 'Trav trip' :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: free of charge.

Trav

DRanged
1st March 2007, 07:16 AM
That puts me out then. No way. :eek:

Craig
You can come as navi for me if you like. Its the perfect terrain for the Rangie, it loves it ( other than Air Locker Hill) but we will conquer this time.:D

Justin

LoadedDisco
1st March 2007, 09:31 AM
Craig
You can come as navi for me if you like. Its the perfect terrain for the Rangie, it loves it ( other than Air Locker Hill) but we will conquer this time.:D

Justin

Ok, Thanks will take you up on that. :cool:

dungarover
3rd March 2007, 07:31 PM
For those who don't know, the trip will be in early July (9th I think, Saturday) because it's the only time I don't have anything on or I'm not going on a GCLRO or Brissie LR club trip.

Mick will post up info regards to this. Day trip (loooong day) but well worth the drive, you'll won't be dissapointed :twisted: :twisted:

By the way, there's a passenger seat vacant for those not brave enough to put there Land Rover through some abuse :eek: :eek: :eek: Or if you are brave enough to ride shotgun with me.

Trav

LoadedDisco
5th March 2007, 06:33 PM
Brave enough to put there Land Rover through some abuse :eek: :eek: :eek:
Trav

Some people have a vehicle worth more than $10,000.
I have been and concord, with out pain / dents and it would be a stupid person to take a $42,000 vehicle through there again.

Outlaw
5th March 2007, 06:42 PM
There was also talk of running an easy-medium run at the same time if someones willing to go TL who knows the area

LoadedDisco
5th March 2007, 06:48 PM
There was also talk of running an easy-medium run at the same time if someones willing to go TL who knows the area

I would be willing and any trip I can make this year I will put my hand up to lead the easy / moderate trip course. But unfortunately I still don't know when that will be. :(

DRanged
5th March 2007, 08:55 PM
I have been and concord, with out pain / dents and it would be a stupid person to take a $42,000 vehicle through there again.

$42000, what about those choice sliders, must push it to at least $42,000.95:)

Justin

LoadedDisco
5th March 2007, 09:13 PM
$42000, what about those choice sliders, must push it to at least $42,000.95:)

Justin

Sold. :o:lol:

bolts
6th March 2007, 12:03 PM

So craig are you saying I'm stupid to run my D2 through the Beerwah :angel: My D2 cost the same amount just over 1 year ago:nazilock:

LoadedDisco
6th March 2007, 07:05 PM
So craig are you saying I'm stupid to run my D2 through the Beerwah :angel: My D2 cost the same amount just over 1 year ago:nazilock:

Yep, but everyone to there own.

MickG
6th March 2007, 08:50 PM
it would be a stupid person to take a $42,000 vehicle through there again.

Fair point Craig..............can I buy your front locker off you then......and I'll pay for the transplant, genuine question as I'm in the market:D

LoadedDisco
7th March 2007, 09:44 AM
Ahh no, I like the lockers both of them. They will still be getting some use in a few months time.

MickG
7th March 2007, 09:54 AM
Ahh no, I like the lockers both of them. They will still be getting some use in a few months time.

Fair enough, worth a try;) Need to upgrade your 29" tyres to 32" by any chance.....as it just so happens I have a full set for sale??:wasntme: They would work brilliantly with your V8 auto as well;) :D

LoadedDisco
7th March 2007, 10:07 AM
Fair enough, worth a try;) Need to upgrade your 29" tyres to 32" by any chance.....as it just so happens I have a full set for sale??:wasntme: They would work brilliantly with your V8 auto as well;) :D

May be in 10 years, but the Disco is set up as a tourer at the moment so no more modifications needed as it spends a lot of time on the road.
But few years or so down the track if it becomes just an off road truck I will go further with bigger tyres and odds and ends.

At that stage I would go a full exo cage as I know I would push it till it rolled. :D

MickG
7th March 2007, 10:14 AM
I know I would push it till it rolled. :D

That's the spirit:D :D :D

See you soon.

bolts
7th March 2007, 12:54 PM
Yep, but everyone to there own.

MMMMMMMMM - I may be stupid in your book - but at least I'm out having fun with the club enjoying each trip????????????

dungarover
7th March 2007, 03:22 PM
My Rangie might be only worth $2K, but I own mine. The gear bolted on is where the value is, the Rangie itself's worth stuff all :(

Dents add character, after the first couple you think '**** it, having too much fun to worry about it' :eek: :eek: :eek: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trav

Outlaw
7th March 2007, 03:26 PM
Okay back on topic please

dungarover
7th March 2007, 04:05 PM
Okay, so far as far as participants go we have-

Aquarangie (trip leader)
DRanged
Bolts
Camo
MickG
Hardy
Hobie18 (maybe)

Anyone else that I have forgotten??

Trav

stevo68
8th March 2007, 02:41 PM
I could be up as a Navigator,

Regards

Stevo

dungarover
8th March 2007, 02:51 PM

Regards

Stevo

No worries, we should be able to fit you in somewhere.

Trav

MickG
8th March 2007, 02:57 PM

Regards

Stevo

Jump in the Mack Truck Stevo if I make this trip...............will show you how it should be done:cool: :D

Aye, Mick

stevo68
8th March 2007, 03:01 PM
Jump in the Mack Truck Stevo if I make this trip...............will show you how it should be done:cool: :D

Aye, Mick Sounds like a plan, not only do you get me as a navigator, you get my personal singing, jokes, tap dancing and general chortlery as well :eek:

Regards

Stevo

Caveman
13th March 2007, 08:55 AM
Sounds like a plan, not only do you get me as a navigator, you get my personal singing, jokes, tap dancing and general chortlery as well :eek:

Regards

Stevo

Lucky you Mick... ;)

Surely you'll have the new D2/Defender by then Steve.????
You can take that out to break it in.... :)

stevo68
13th March 2007, 12:00 PM
Lucky you Mick... ;)

Surely you'll have the new D2/Defender by then Steve.????
You can take that out to break it in.... :) Who knows, would be good though :D

Regards

Stevo