PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Codan 9323 today

p38arover
31st March 2007, 02:29 PM
I've done it. I bought a Codan 9323 HF transceiver today. Dunno what it will be going in - maybe the P38A ........ to upset all the P38A electronics!

http://ozradio.wireless.org.au/graphics/9323.jpghttp://ozradio.wireless.org.au/graphics/9360.jpg

Now I'm on the lookout for a Codan 9350 autotune antenna.

http://www.lakecomm.com.au/images/9350.jpg

Ron

Dinty
31st March 2007, 06:08 PM
G'day All Ron they are only $1400.00 :o or they were when I had to replace mine about 4 years ago, so what ya worried about just go and get one LOL cheers Dennis:wasntme: :angel:

p38arover
31st March 2007, 06:10 PM
G'day All Ron they are only $1400.00 :o

Hell's Bells. That's more than I paid for the 9323. I can see why they get stolen.

Ron

p38arover
30th March 2008, 09:04 PM
I want to install my Codan 9323 HF into the P38A. I just realised I've had it for a year - I bought on 31 March 2007!

Has anyone ever seen one fitted to a P38A? If so, where was the control head mounted?

jik22
30th March 2008, 10:02 PM
Has anyone ever seen one fitted to a P38A? If so, where was the control head mounted?

No no no...there's no room at all, and it will make the interior look all messy in a nice posh RR. Tell you what, I'll take it off your hands if you like? ;)

Must get myself a HF set at some point, and get round to doing my amateur radio exam too. Not enough hours in the day.... :(

p38arover
30th March 2008, 10:57 PM
No no no...there's no room at all, and it will make the interior look all messy in a nice posh RR. Tell you what, I'll take it off your hands if you like? ;)

That's what I like about you, Jeff, always thinking of how I can keep my P38A the best in show!

CateNGeof
10th April 2008, 05:48 AM
Hell's Bells. That's more than I paid for the 9323. I can see why they get stolen.

Ron

Ah, so thats what the hole in the base mount is for... the padlock!

I've also just bought one, now to find the time and actually mount it in my 'fender!

waynep
10th April 2008, 06:39 AM
Does it work ? ;):D

CateNGeof
18th May 2008, 08:50 AM
Does it work ? ;):D
The padlock hole? Dunno, havent put a padlock in it yet! :D
On the otherhand, yes the radio and and antenna tuner works!

Pedro_The_Swift
18th May 2008, 09:19 AM
That's what I like about you, Jeff, always thinking of how I can keep my P38A the best in show!

and it WORKED!!!:o
:cool::D

p38arover
18th July 2009, 05:48 PM
I just found this thread. I still haven't installed the Codan..... :(

..... and I haven't worked out where to fit the head unit.

CraigE
18th July 2009, 06:40 PM
Hey Ron. I got mine in early 2006 and have only just finished fitting it.
Just got to fit the speaker and unlock all the channels.
:D:D

p38arover
18th July 2009, 07:56 PM
I don't feel so bad, now. Mine had been on loan to another AULRO member for a while.

The ho har's
19th July 2009, 01:14 PM
I went to use our Codan 8525 this morning and it won't transmit:mad:

hhhmmm I think we need to upgrade:D

Mrs ho har:angel:

p38arover
19th July 2009, 04:05 PM
I went to use our Codan 8525 this morning and it won't transmit:mad:

hhhmmm I think we need to upgrade:D

Mrs ho har:angel:

Can I do a deal for you! :D

CraigE
21st July 2009, 12:15 AM
Just need Codan XP software and a cable now and I can programme it properly.;)

p38arover
21st July 2009, 12:18 AM
Just need Codan XP software and a cable now and I can programme it properly.;)

The software I can get but I need a plug to fit the mic. socket so I can access the programming.

p38arover
21st July 2009, 12:59 AM
I started the install today but I need the power plug to match the one on the radio. The genuine part is about $50 (with cable).

I can't find that 2-pin plug anywhere in my catalogues. Does anyone know the manufacturer and/or part no. (not Codan no.)?

I suppose I could change it to Anderson.

p38arover
21st October 2010, 06:05 PM
I never did get the Codan installed. Now I have a Qmac HF90. Must decide which to use.

Must decide........

peter5111
30th October 2010, 08:43 AM
I think the QMac is going to be an even tougher ask to find a good location. Without a remote face there is a lot of depth you need to find room for.

I know it wasn't the plan, but maybe sell them both and get an NGT. Then you only need to find someplace to hang up the mike.

p38arover
30th October 2010, 09:02 AM
I think the QMac is going to be an even tougher ask to find a good location. Without a remote face there is a lot of depth you need to find room for.

I know it wasn't the plan, but maybe sell them both and get an NGT. Then you only need to find someplace to hang up the mike.

Yes, you may be right. :(

walc100
31st October 2010, 10:44 PM
The software I can get but I need a plug to fit the mic. socket so I can access the programming.

Try these guy's great service and Quality

Codan - Programming Cables - Radioarena - Renowned Supplier of Two-Way Radio Hardware (http://www.radioarena.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=487)

Matthew

p38arover
16th February 2015, 04:10 PM

Hopefully, the QMac HF90 is sold. Now to get rid of the Codan - I can see I'll never get around to installing it.

p38arover
21st February 2015, 06:08 PM
I've been playing with the Codan 9323 I bought years ago (but never used) whilst getting it ready for sale.

During the playing, I found it has a Transmit Program Enable switch fitted so I can program alternative frequencies. Unfortunately, USB/LSB selection is locked out which is a nuisance for ham bands. I have the Codan XP programming software so will make up a programming lead. However, one still needs the passcode to do anything significant. From some correspondence with a former colleague from OTC, there is, apparently, a hardware mod that will overcome that. More research required.

I don't know how to meet the power restriction on Foundation licence holders, i.e., reduce the 9323 to 10 watts.

Tomorrow I'll take a run up to Wyong for the Wyong Field Day to see what I might find. I've been intending to go there for many, many years.

I need a couple of bits for my "new" second-hand Kenwood TS-520S and aerial system, e.g., dummy load, lightning arrestor, etc.