PDA

View Full Version : using Jpg maps with Oziexplorer

Aussie
4th May 2007, 11:36 AM
I just downloaded over 2gig of maps for Vic, Every part of vic has been mapped and the quality is pretty good, Question, does anyone now how I can make these work in Oziexplorer? as its looking for .map files.

incisor
4th May 2007, 11:37 AM
you can calibrate it yourself OR find some already done .map files for those particular images.

Aussie
4th May 2007, 02:32 PM
Problem is I cant load a jpg into the OE software, maybe convert to Tiff then try i Suppose?

Aussie
4th May 2007, 02:42 PM
Ok Grumpy and myself have made progress, can now load image and now sorting the calibration thanks Inc were on the right track

Blknight.aus
4th May 2007, 03:03 PM
ask nice and I'll send you ecw format maps for ozi for the area when I get the big computer out of its container and move into the house...

1:250k scale

Aussie
4th May 2007, 05:31 PM
Mr Night myself and Grump would like very much to have the thingis that you possess on your big puter :)

Blknight.aus
4th May 2007, 06:20 PM
put your waiting boots on it will take about 2 weeks for me to get to them

(it would have been sooner but baby formula and laptops dont mix)

remaind me if you havent heard from me by the end of the month...

Be sublte about it or your going to wind up in upper whoop whoop when you wanted to be beyond the black stump.

:twisted:

loanrangie
4th May 2007, 09:05 PM
Hey Aussie, i have the dvd of maps i will put in the post on monday, would have done it earlier but my daughter had to go to have more surgery on her hand and the missus has to go in to have her gaul bladder out. These are indexed and ready to go.

Aussie
5th May 2007, 09:37 AM
no probs LR sounds like the family is going through a bit of a rough patch. Hope all goes well, theres no hurry on the DVD'S mate

loanrangie
5th May 2007, 11:34 AM
No probs, i also had my pc spread around the house while i made a built in pc workstation, its all done so i can burn them today for you and stick them in an express post bag on monday (thanks to work) .

rmp
11th May 2007, 08:44 PM
Download Img2Ozf and convert. The zoom quality will be improved. You can retain the original JPEG.