PDA

View Full Version : house painting and carpet

harry
12th June 2007, 09:29 PM
well, i thought i would run this past the club first.
we need to paint the house inside, and we have to move furniture to do that, so we might as well put in the new carpet that the home needs also.
so does anyone of us do house painting or sell carpet or sell paint or lay carpet or all of the above?
i know ferno does house painting, and will contact him, but he is probably too far away to help us here.
no trav, i just want to paint it, not re plaster it.

MickG
13th June 2007, 07:01 AM
Although my father is a painter and decorator and I have been drafted in many times as a boy to "earn my keep" i'm afraid my painting skills - more so my patience - leaves a lot to be desired.

Having said that, I have used the same guy to paint both our houses in oz and he does a great job and seems to be very reasonably priced. He is a one man operation and is very flexible with negotiating on price etc.

Silver is his name - 0415 116 951 - he is Polish or Czech or something which makes for interesting phone conversations but he does a great job. Tell him I sent you if you call him.......will give me better bargaining powers the next time I use him;):D:D

As for carpets, again I have only used one co. for our houses and that is Cross' Carpets in Bundall - 5592 2229. Not the cheapest but again good quality and professional - they also have a seconds/off cut division where you can sometimes find a good bargain;)

Good luck with it all and let us know if you need anything else.

Aye, Mick

harry
13th June 2007, 06:49 PM
thanks mick, that's a start.