PDA

View Full Version : McQueen Vs Pitt or ---

Pedro_The_Swift
6th July 2007, 11:59 AM
2006 Dodge Charger Vs 2006 Bullit Mustang,,

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/05/pitt-bullitt-classic-mcqueen-remake-to-begin-production/

maybe they can beat 20 mins:eek:

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

incisor
6th July 2007, 12:11 PM
fancy trying to bite that Bullitt......

sorry, cant see them outdoing the original chase scene...

all time classic bit of cinema IMHO

but i await the result with baited breath :P

Pedro_The_Swift
6th July 2007, 02:52 PM
just happen to have "Bullet" on dvd,,,,,,;)

will be interesting,,

the 'stang was SUCH a great colour:D

Vern
6th July 2007, 04:53 PM
Great all the kids will be saying "have you seen that movie Bullit with Brad Pitt in it, awsome car chases seens", but none will know that there is an original, just like Vanishing Point, Gone in 60 seconds, the remake just won't do it justice!

Blknight.aus
6th July 2007, 05:19 PM
you know I thought it was going to be something about dirk pitt vs steve McQueen...

dobbo
6th July 2007, 05:42 PM
I wonder if like the original chase scene they'll have the same VW beetle parked in the same spot and shot from different angles and shown at two minute intervals?

dmdigital
6th July 2007, 05:46 PM
I like this gem of a line "Not unlike the retro styling and resurrection of old nameplates sweeping the car industry". Now there's something Land Rover can't claim to be doing, they just never changed the Defender that much in style from the Series 1 ;)

landrovermick
6th July 2007, 06:16 PM
Great all the kids will be saying "have you seen that movie Bullit with Brad Pitt in it, awsome car chases seens", but none will know that there is an original, just like Vanishing Point, Gone in 60 seconds, the remake just won't do it justice!

vanishing point... gone in 60 seconds - no way - now there is a couple of flicks i wanna see -

another one i remember from being a child - electraglide in blue..... or similar with a mad cross county pursuit....

dobbo
6th July 2007, 06:25 PM
vanishing point... gone in 60 seconds - no way - now there is a couple of flicks i wanna see -

another one i remember from being a child - electraglide in blue..... or similar with a mad cross county pursuit....

If anyone has the remake version of vanishing point, I would really appreciate a copy. Crap movie but that black Charger

yummy

Vern
6th July 2007, 06:34 PM
Only the original, same goes for gone in 60 seconds

mudmouse
6th July 2007, 06:39 PM
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeezussss! IS NOTHING SACRED:twisted:

By the way K-mart have/can get Vanishing Point and Gone in 60 seconds in stock...

vnx205
6th July 2007, 06:44 PM
sorry, cant see them outdoing the original chase scene...

all time classic bit of cinema IMHO

Absolutely.
The car chase from Bullitt was widely regarded for a long time by people who knew what they were talking about as the second best car chase ever filmed. They preferred "The French Connection".
Having seen the Bullitt chase in excess of 50 times (probably nearer 100) and the one from TFC only once, I am probably biased, but I prefer the Bullitt car chase.

I still believe that it is the best example ever of how a car chase can be made spectacular. It was done using effective cinematic techniques. Modern car chases are just made to look spectacular by writing off lots of cars. They usually make very little use of good cinematography.
What I mean is that Bullitt made some slightly spectacular driving look extremely impressive. Modern car chases need to do something extremely spectacular with the cars to make it look good.
Some of the Bullitt techniques include:
Low camera angle to make jumps look higher.
Telephoto lens to make jumps look steeper.
Telephoto lens to exaggerate drift on corners.
Wide angle lens to exaggerate speed towards camera.
Subjective shots approaching jumps to emphasise the risk and excitement.
Skillful editing of multiple camera angles to allow a long chase from a fairly short drive. (Very few people notice that the same green VW keeps coming out from the right. In fact I have had to show the clip about half a dozen time to most people before they notice that they are looking at exactly the same piece of action several times from different angles and even the same angle again.)

That is only a few of the things that are brilliantly done. I could mention a number of other bits of editing, the soundtrack, use of suspense and several other features.
It's a classic bit of cinematography.

The new version I suspect will simply smash up more cars.

Pedro_The_Swift
6th July 2007, 07:33 PM
Absolutely.
The car chase from Bullitt was widely regarded for a long time by people who knew what they were talking about as the second best car chase ever filmed. They preferred "The French Connection".
Having seen the Bullitt chase in excess of 50 times (probably nearer 100) and the one from TFC only once, I am probably biased, but I prefer the Bullitt car chase.

I still believe that it is the best example ever of how a car chase can be made spectacular. It was done using effective cinematic techniques. Modern car chases are just made to look spectacular by writing off lots of cars. They usually make very little use of good cinematography.
What I mean is that Bullitt made some slightly spectacular driving look extremely impressive. Modern car chases need to do something extremely spectacular with the cars to make it look good.
Some of the Bullitt techniques include:
Low camera angle to make jumps look higher.
Telephoto lens to make jumps look steeper.
Telephoto lens to exaggerate drift on corners.
Wide angle lens to exaggerate speed towards camera.
Subjective shots approaching jumps to emphasise the risk and excitement.
Skillful editing of multiple camera angles to allow a long chase from a fairly short drive. (Very few people notice that the same green VW keeps coming out from the right. In fact I have had to show the clip about half a dozen time to most people before they notice that they are looking at exactly the same piece of action several times from different angles and even the same angle again.)

That is only a few of the things that are brilliantly done. I could mention a number of other bits of editing, the soundtrack, use of suspense and several other features.
It's a classic bit of cinematography.

The new version I suspect will simply smash up more cars.

awww. :(

incisor
6th July 2007, 07:53 PM
the french connection, another cinema classic chase...

"Our Lady of blessed accelleration" dont desert me know...

okay okay its a defender it doesnt have any to speak of....

but my old 302 van did :P

geez i am feeling old now...

Pedro_The_Swift
7th July 2007, 06:38 AM
the french connection, another cinema classic chase...nice

"Our Lady of blessed accelleration" dont desert me know...To Protect and Serve

okay okay its a defender it doesnt have any to speak of.... words fail me

but my old 302 van did :P and that had how many cylinders????????

geez i am feeling old now... take the blue pill

dobbo
7th July 2007, 06:49 AM
(Very few people notice that the same green VW keeps coming out from the right. In fact I have had to show the clip about half a dozen time to most people before they notice that they are looking at exactly the same piece of action several times from different angles and even the same angle again.)

we used to have a Bullet drinking game, skull every time we saw the green beetle.

"Our Lady of blessed accelleration" dont desert me know...

We have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

How long did that chase go for?

Then there is always the car chases in The Italian Job (original) and my personal favorite Ronin

Pedro_The_Swift
7th July 2007, 07:01 AM
How long did that chase go for?

Then there is always the car chases in The Italian Job (original) and my personal favorite Ronin

I have never seen a guy use a car like that,,
to him it was just another weapon, and he proceeded to kill several people with it.