PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Digital Editions

dmdigital
21st July 2007, 07:03 PM
http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/

I was put onto this software from a Nikon forum. It's great for reading eBooks in PDF as you can bookmark pages and reopen where you last were reading, fantasic for PDF manuals.

Of course this would be great for RAVE if I could get around the CSL Multiuser plug-in and Acrobat 4.0 Reader requirement. I've tried to get hold of full version Acrobat 4.0 but unfortunately can't even find a torrent of this old a software. I know there was a thread on this somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

abaddonxi
21st July 2007, 07:27 PM
Remember the thread, the title was something like, 'I am a genius'. Can't find it now. Nope, sorry that was Sclarke with the Bosch VE pump book.

Cheers
Simon.

dmdigital
21st July 2007, 07:55 PM
Between all of us on this forum we should be able to crack the PDF issue.

Pedro_The_Swift
23rd July 2007, 02:46 PM
should have known by the title,,,
it was clarkie---:D

Phoenix
23rd July 2007, 02:50 PM
Mmmm, I have (and use) the full version of acrobat at work

Quiggers
23rd July 2007, 02:56 PM
http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/

Of course this would be great for RAVE if I could get around the CSL Multiuser plug-in and Acrobat 4.0 Reader requirement. I've tried to get hold of full version Acrobat 4.0 but unfortunately can't even find a torrent of this old a software. I know there was a thread on this somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I have a Mac OS9 version somewhere, if you're on a Mac with OS9...

Cheers, GQ

dmdigital
23rd July 2007, 05:45 PM
Mmmm, I have (and use) the full version of acrobat at work

Do you reckon there's any chance of trying to open and save the RAVE workshop manual or one of the other files but having removed the security plug-in? This would tell if it's possible to do. Then you can let us all know if it works :D or not :(

jik22
23rd July 2007, 07:51 PM

Does it need to be v4? I have 6 & 8.....

Phoenix
24th July 2007, 08:33 AM
Later versions would work.

incisor
24th July 2007, 08:37 AM
you guys keep discussing pirating and cracking software and you will see the place coming to the notice of those in a position to close it down..

cease and desist please......

dmdigital
24th July 2007, 04:07 PM
you guys keep discussing pirating and cracking software and you will see the place coming to the notice of those in a position to close it down..

cease and desist please......

Inc, not so much worried about piriting Acrobate v4 as it's a real old version (and I suspect someone will have it lying around, probably on floppies). The thing I'd like to overcome though is the cursed antiquated and no longer supported plug-in that RAVE uses which I can see becoming a right pain in the not to distant computer future.

Will we be able to run the Acrobate 4 Reader on RAVE CD's past Vista for example??

One thing I have found is you can print the entire workshop manual to file (e.g. XPS or PDF) so it can be read with newer software but then you loose the search ability :(

I should also add that I do not endorse getting things from Torrents etc... And before anyone asks, all my software is very much legitimate.

p38arover
24th July 2007, 04:31 PM
I found a non-RAVE version of the Disco 300Tdi workshop manual on the 'Net in the UK. I keep a copy on my network drive at work in order to answer questions - I can't repair a car I don't have.

I wonder if I could put it on my iPAQ? I shall have to try. I have the pocket PC version of Acrobat Reader.

Ron

Phoenix
25th July 2007, 08:16 AM
I've got non rave versions of most workshop manuals come to think of it now :lol2: