PDA

View Full Version : Austin champ

davros
25th July 2007, 01:20 PM
OK... so not am I crazy enough to own a land rover lightweight and a disco two, but when the disco two is not broken, I am v slowly doing up an austin champ.
But...
I need a NOS/mint rear crown wheel and pinion! Or a diff in south west WA from a rolled/wreck vehicle - most are stuffed because the diff is busted.

I've done all the usual scouting around but UK is too expensive and any parts suppliers only have front C wheel and pinion that needs machining to convert to rear. (for those who don't know, the champ has reverse in the rear diff so the pinion has a "mainshaft" attached too it. Also the rear diff has an output shaft too, that drives the front diff when needed.Hmmm. Very British. And you thought landrovers were different!!)
Dave

Phoenix
25th July 2007, 02:12 PM
The only thing I can suggest it ducking over to the MLU forum to see if any of the guys there know of any. I'm pretty sure a couple of guys have champs over there.

http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/

davros
26th July 2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the advice!
Dave.

JohnE
26th July 2007, 04:17 PM
Good on you
there used to be a lot of them around years ago, my dad reckoned they were better off the road than the willys jeep, especially when someone was shooting at you.

john