PDA

View Full Version : mean machine transatlantic challenge

stevemc
24th August 2007, 10:04 AM
on discovery channel
see how two legendary off road vehicles stack up

landrover discovery 3 vs the jeep commander

of the four tests given both vehicles,the disco won 3 to 1

landrover cruises its way through in style,where as the jeep smashes and bashes(literally) through the courses

LANDROVER IS SUPERIOR

cartm58
24th August 2007, 11:42 AM
put it on my HDD recorder as the Discovery Channel was showing it at 12.30 am last night

viewed it this morning whilst having brekkie

the pumpkin test proved my views on the D3 low slung rear wheekl as being a potential hang up point

the D3 did clearly outperform the Jeep in all off road terrains

Was interesting to see the pulling test was about a draw given the Jeep Hemi motor thought it would do better than the D3.

Liked the terrain they tested the vehicles being Ontario Canada in winter wiht snow and mud, always think that North American's are so lucky having the geographic locales they do for off roading compared to Aussies

stevemc
24th August 2007, 06:05 PM
the suspension does hang low,but it did a hell of a lot better over real obstacles,like the rocks,than the crashin bashin jeep

fernockulated
24th August 2007, 08:10 PM
the pumpkin test seemd a bit fudgey to me ,as the jepp was bottom bashing thru the first course where the d3 went sailing thru without hitting,and the jeep zig zagged over the pumpkins whereas the disco didnt,just goes to show tho that bigger is not always better
go the landy:D:D:D:D

cartm58
25th August 2007, 03:33 AM
the jeep weaved is lower points to avoid the pumpkin top

the D3 hit the pumpkin top with his exhaust at rear from memory

l think this one was case of driver operator thinking superiority not vehicle clearance superiority