PDA

View Full Version : Floor mats for a D3

WhiteD3
30th August 2007, 11:04 AM
Why you can't buy a D3 with air suspension, vinyl seats and rubber floor I don't know, but I've got the same problem as I suspect all D3 owners have had.

Where did you get your mats?

I've bought a rubber mat from Super Cheap that fits the cargo area. Did the same thing for the 2nd and 3rd row and after much cutting it seems OK.

What about the front? Do I have to do the same thing?

Cheers.

discomaniac
30th August 2007, 11:15 AM
Hi,
I got the LR Original Mats for the Front, 2nd row and Cargo area as part of my deal with the car from new. LR RRP on these Items is high but the mats are good and they do fit.

jik22
30th August 2007, 11:38 AM
I have a set on order from a carpet/soundproofing supplier who thinks (!) he has the pattern for the D3. Once they turn up, I'll report back. As they were only $80 or so, if they fit better than the generic ones, I'll be very happy.

WhiteD3
30th August 2007, 11:39 AM
LR actually threw in the mats as part of the deal, but they were carpet mats and I was so excited at the time (pathetic I know:() that I didn't think about it.

discomaniac
30th August 2007, 01:35 PM
Mine are the LR Rubber mats. They attach to the floor so that they don't move around. Very good, easy to clean the mud or sand off.

stevo68
31st August 2007, 07:48 AM
Yep I eventually forked out for the LR rubber mats recently after the carpet ones I had wore through,

Regards

Stevo

WhiteD3
31st August 2007, 02:26 PM
Yep I eventually forked out for the LR rubber mats recently after the carpet ones I had wore through

I hate to think how much. I'll give them a ring.

Cheers.

WhiteD3
4th September 2007, 09:04 AM
Southside LR want $300+! :eek:

stevo68
4th September 2007, 09:19 AM
Yep, not cheap, hence why it took me 18mths before I bought some :o

Regards

Stevo

WhiteD3
4th September 2007, 11:33 AM
Just bought a front set of Bush Rangers from ARB for $55. Look pretty good quality.

For $30 bought a large rubber mat from Super Cheap which when cut up, does the entire floor for the second and third rows.

Doesn't have LR embossed on it but $300 is a lot to pay for 2 letters.

Cheers.

gethro
4th September 2007, 07:32 PM
I bought a set of michelin mats from Auto Bahn, from memory, 'bout $80-90. Nice and thick, the front have full coverage, both length and width. The 2nd row have a nice cut-out, so they slip nicely under the front seats.

sheckster
6th March 2010, 07:49 PM
hi there,

I know this is an old post, but after two weeks of rain here in brissy I've decided to buy rubber mats for all 3 rows if possible but not willing to pay $300 to LR, is clark rubber/super cheap still the best option out there, any universal rubber mats out there that comes close to fitting nicely to the D3?, was hoping something with lips around the edge so to catch as much sand/dirt or crap...

thanks!....forecast still more rain to come :D

talltales
6th March 2010, 08:34 PM
I got the LR rubber ones when new. To be honest I don't even remember how much they were in 2006. Remember quality is quality and crap is crap and never the bothshall meet. My rubber ones are so easy to clean and my carpet is still prestine after fraser Moreton and the Simpson.

WhiteD3
6th March 2010, 08:52 PM
Just bought a front set of Bush Rangers from ARB for $55. Look pretty good quality.

For $30 bought a large rubber mat from Super Cheap which when cut up, does the entire floor for the second and third rows.

Doesn't have LR embossed on it but $300 is a lot to pay for 2 letters.

Cheers.

Quoting myself :D Still have these mats and they're working well. The Bushrangers have a pronounced edge to them so catch the mud and sand. The Super Cheap rubber in the back can be pulled out, hosed off, etc.

CaverD3
13th March 2010, 10:22 AM
Cut to fit rubber sheeting from Clark Rubber. Smooth side up and the dirt will brush out the door.
You can make it cover all the carpet if you cut it right.