Wayne

Lotz-A-Landies
5th October 2007, 12:02 PM
Hi there

I think we need a "E-Bay Finds" section for "Series Ones"

Please feel free to add to:

The first is unique: ... ... All the best

Wayne

This list of ads was a bit of a case of if you want something done, then you need to do it yourself. The 1948 steering wheel had been promised to someone else and there were other bits as well that weren't supposed to be listed.

I am sure that we will see some of the ads pulled before the auctions end.

However I would have loved to see the welder restored by the vendor, he did such excellent work on his 1950 and S2 ute they are far better now than they were when they came off the production line.

C Ya
Diana

ellard
9th October 2007, 10:27 AM
Hi there

The old S1 gear is becoming quite a collectable.

I suspect the welder will also go for big dollars - I also hoping stayes in Oz.

All the best

Wayne

Lotz-A-Landies
9th October 2007, 03:12 PM
Can't believe the prices some of this stuff goes for on ebay

Pork Pie lights above went at $382 & $370 per set :eek:
Steering wheel $256 :eek:
Numpty

I paid about $400 to have my steering wheel and centre repaired by Pearlcraft and that didn't include fixing the elecrtical bit on the horn button.

I know Chazza (like many of us) has a wheel that is only a bare metal ring. Some time ago we were discussing making up a replacement rim by using split poly pipe as a mould and filling it with a polyurothane resin then shaping and polishing the result. This all takes time and I am sure that with only a few months left before Cooma $256 would be a bargain for some people.

With the welder - it sure looks to be the genuine thing even with the wrong windscreen, but the limiting factor will be that the vendor is not interested in dispatching it overseas. That should limit the oportunities for it to migrate.

At least I won the spare lenses for my 1967 at a reasonable price.

C Ya
Diana

Lotz-A-Landies
12th October 2007, 08:51 AM
Did anyone see it while it was active and before it bloomed?

Diana

ellard
12th October 2007, 01:15 PM
Hi there

Its is amazing the price some of this gear is achieving.

For some time now I have never locked my shed when away on shift up north - this has now changed.

Well all the best

Wayne

PS even the S1 rear PTO unit currently $510.00 (with 4 days to go) but if you read the fine print $250 for freight costs makes it quite expensive.

Dinty
24th October 2007, 05:22 PM
G'day All, It must be bored and stroked and a lot if other things to be 4.2 ltr :o:eek: anyway I would pay a $1.00 for it :p but it's way too far away for me, cheers Dennis:wasntme:

Lotz-A-Landies
29th October 2007, 08:45 AM
Series 1/2 tool kit (in NZ)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-Series-1-2-Tool-Kit_W0QQitemZ290174452463QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10076Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Screwdriver is wrong, it should be a wooden handle driver.

Diana

101RRS
31st October 2007, 06:36 PM
I think their claim that it is completely restored is a bit over the top - more like a tidy up. Likewise I think the price is a bit steep.

But then again - there is a buyer somewhere for every car.

Garry

olmate
31st October 2007, 06:39 PM
I think their claim that it is completely restored is a bit over the top - more like a tidy up. Likewise I think the price is a bit steep.

But then again - there is a buyer somewhere for every car.

Garry

I would agree Garry. A very steep starting bid for what appears to be a 'tidy - up' as you have said.

ellard
31st October 2007, 07:15 PM
Hi there

Totally agree price is over the top - but ebay does some funny things.

A mate of mine just bought a 52 with PTO (SA Registered) for $2500.00.

Wayne

Lotz-A-Landies
2nd November 2007, 01:53 AM
Another nice little S1 for sale

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2007/11/383.jpg

Is anyone concerned that this fully restored S1 hasn't been painted and has a few bits missing.

The thing I love the most is that the removable hard top has removable glass in the windows. Or at least the glass has been removed.

Diana

Lotz-A-Landies
4th November 2007, 09:06 AM
NM

The seat back supports look to be S1 from 50 through 58 excluding the 1952 and 1953 models (with the square seat backs)

The 2 top outer brackets likewise appear to be the ones off narrow transom 1950 through 1951 seat backs and match the supports (not going to look in the book for the proper name today).

The wing nut windscreen brackets seem to be the ones off a 1954 through 1958.

The four brackets at the bottom I have no idea about.

Diana

master chief
4th November 2007, 02:40 PM
Hello all,Diana,the four bottom brackets are seat mounts for 54-58 S1.bolt into the tub.:D

Lotz-A-Landies
7th November 2007, 10:28 AM
Hello all,Diana,the four bottom brackets are seat mounts for 54-58 S1.bolt into the tub.:DSee I know nothing about all those late model Land Rovers (i.e. post-1953)

Diana

graceysdad
7th November 2007, 12:29 PM
If it was restored you might think it would have less dents?

Lotz-A-Landies
22nd November 2007, 08:20 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-1-86-88-inch-hood-bow-set_W0QQitemZ200175180738QQihZ010QQcategoryZ102341 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would like them but can't do the pick up, anyone more local interested especially at the price?
You note that the rear door seals are not included?

If you buy them I'm sure they can be picked up and eventually into the AULRO Courier Service.

Diana

Lotz-A-Landies
30th November 2007, 09:08 AM
A few more bits

Some of this stuff is pretty exxy... the fellow selling is using Cooma as the selling point it seems :mad:

NM Expensive is relevant, A friend in SE Qld has just returned from a trip to the UK and suggests that Dunsfold's are doing a restoration on an 80" using new parts and the quoted price is over 30,000 GB Pounds.

I have never seen any other NOS 80" door tops in Australia. So how much would it cost to repair or make replacements, $400 each?? I don't know. With my budget at the moment I am thinking that my 80" will be at Cooma sans door tops.

Diana

UncleHo
1st December 2007, 11:59 AM
G'day Numptys Missus :)

Is that where you are sourcing the new hood for Leon???? looks nice.

cheers

Lotz-A-Landies
1st December 2007, 12:10 PM
G'day Numptys Missus :)

Is that where you are sourcing the new hood for Leon???? looks nice.

cheers
UH

I believe NM is sourcing the hood direct from the manufacturer. But likely the same person who Alex Ward (Classic Obsession) acquires them.

Diana

Lotz-A-Landies
1st December 2007, 05:43 PM
Note he also says...hoop set available at extra cost to the winning bidder. I wonder how much extra? I have asked the question....
Last time he sold a S1 Governor he suggested he also had the brackets, which you could buy At the same price as the final winning bid!
Caveat Emptor exactly.
Diana

ellard
1st December 2007, 06:06 PM
Hi there Diana

from memory the govenor went for big $$$$'s they seem to be a sort after accessory of the S1's

All the best

Wayne

Lotz-A-Landies
1st December 2007, 07:37 PM
Hi there Diana

from memory the govenor went for big $$$$'s they seem to be a sort after accessory of the S1's... Wayne
I think that it has more to do with the fact that they needed maintenance and if you weren't using the PTO then they got removed and thrown. The vehicles survived as did the PTO which was big so it didn't get lost.

My concern about some eBay traders is that they are always looking for the next scam. Like a governor, how can you use it without the brackets and what are you going to do with the brackets after you have sold the governor. The only reason you would split and sell at the final price is to scam both the final bidder and ebay.

Caveat Emptor

101RRS
2nd December 2007, 12:14 PM
OK...multiple items for sale by one bloke looks like he has/is wrecking an 86 & 88 inch S1

Bits incl bonnets, chassis, diffs, gearbox, axles and a few body panels etc

eBay Seller: davedarcy77: Car Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats items on eBay Australia (http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZdavedarcy77)

Dave Darcey (the seller) is the guy I bought my "Baby" from. He is a really nice guy who has/had a few 86/88s. When I bought my car he still had an 86 that was in bits. He is moving over to lwb series 1s and has bought up most that were available in the Goulburn area.

I take it that he is selling off the remaining 86/88 bits. (I have the tub and the hard top but most of the rest was there the last time I checked)

Garry

Lotz-A-Landies
2nd January 2008, 10:03 AM
Maybe Diana but I think its the same seller.

The 60th is not widely promoted so unless you move in LR circles
NM

Yes, the vendor is the same person, you often see him selling automotive books/manuals and quite frequently Land Rover, Jeep and other automotive bits. Lots of the LR stuff seems to be new old stock.

During the 50th I was fully involved with my career and study for a higher degree so I missed any promotion for the event. What a nice break, Easter at Cooma would have been. If I have something to do with it no Land Rover owner on the South Coast around Nowra or at my hospitals campus will be unaware of the event. (I have a box of fliers on my back seat.) I guess ebay is another way of promoting it.

Diana

Dinty
17th January 2008, 06:22 PM
G'day All, In the background of 1 of the pix is a S2A ??88/109" ex-mil Land Rover that is not for sale, this is in MC's backyard he may know of it or it could be him selling as I don't know his ebay id:p anyway cheers Dennis:wasntme:

Dinty
25th January 2008, 10:05 AM
G'day All, Some one has already relieved it of it's Capstan winch:mad:, looks like he was a buyer and bit off more than he could handle at any one time, (look in the background of his pix) also has a S3 109 ex-mil 4 sale and it doesn't look like it's had any attention in the recent past just my observations:angel: cheers Dennis:wasntme:

101RRS
31st January 2008, 08:35 PM
S1 for sale
Very unlikely to be ex-mil as staed

Land Rover Series I 1954 Landrover FFW 86" - eBay 4X4, Land Rover, Range Rover, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 09-Feb-08 21:43:18 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-I-1954-Landrover-FFW-86_W0QQitemZ120216882266QQihZ002QQcategoryZ135505Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

It might be ex-mil but I agree most unlikely to be ex Aust Mil.

The obvious clues that it is not ex mil are - no nato plug at the rear, it has civy headlights not mil headlights and not the usual range of old brackets and bits on the front guards and in the tray.

These pics are of a genuine ex mil series 1 88

Dinty
17th February 2008, 08:18 PM
G'day All, NM I would say that the hoodsticks are a homemade jobbie and not a good one at that, IMHO they are way too tall, and maybe the seller is trying to cash in with the 60th just down the road, anyway buyer beware in both cases as all I can see is a huge amount of work/&$$$$$$'s in either of them cheers Dennis:wasntme::angel:

Lotz-A-Landies
5th March 2008, 09:15 PM
Hi guys just came across this on ebay maybe worth a look was on a few weeks back for $1500 cheers brendon.
I've seen that vehicle running when it was at Horsham. The PO was a serious LR collector and is kids learn't to drive around the paddocks in it.

The LR engine accompanying the deal isn't a match for the vehicle however, as it is a spread bore 2 litre from 1955 or later.

Diana

Lucus
5th March 2008, 09:29 PM
Sorry guys i only just realise this is an S1 thread.......:) Mods, please feel free to move this to an appropriate section if desired....:D

Mick-Kelly
5th May 2008, 08:20 PM
I bought a rear tub off this bloke some time ago which i am very happy with. He is genuine enough and runs a military 2A as his daily driver. I was eyeing off the two 107's when i bought the tub but he was adamant he didnt want to sell as he was rebuilding. If i had the cash i would jump at this. He is out near Jimboomba.
If some one does buy them i would be happy to take the donor vehicle off your hands :p:p:p

Sleepy
5th May 2008, 10:32 PM
Yes Mick,
Looks like the basis of a fine vehicle.
I've always liked the 107 wagon - and not too many appear. Oh well, I better relax and get back to my SII before I get too excited;) I've gotta get myself some more room!!:(

Sleepy
12th May 2008, 06:15 PM
I loved the "Questions from members" on this one.

Q: hey how many litres to 100 km? estimation? thanks
A: Mate your guess would be as good as mine........

:Rolling:

olmate
12th May 2008, 06:43 PM
Check out the Vehicle Description as well:

Safety Features: - "a windscreen":D:D:D

quebrant
12th May 2008, 07:29 PM
G'Day,

thanks for this post
what a chance you have !!!!!!!!
Is there anybody who has seen the car ?

just a stupid question : is there anybody there who might help me if I bought this 107, i.e. pick up the car and store it before to organize a trip to france ?
too crazy, too complicate, too expensive ? maybe you're right ..... but ...

cheers from a non 107 country, quebrant

Dinty
1st June 2008, 06:53 AM
G'day All, Methinks you are correct NM, very Exxy +++, $14.95 buys a bolt, big deal if I wanted bolts that size I would toddle off to my supplier in Newcastle and most likely get 4 bolts for the same price:eek:, as for the Pintle hook well I've never seen one like that ever fitted to a Land Rover, I could be wrong, to me it looks more like a hook from a small truck possibly WW2 type, anyway theres always someone who will pay cheers Dennis:wasntme:
PS maybe I should stop giving things away:D;):p
PPS The brake M/cyl is a useless piece of kit unless you are handy at remaking brake pipes as it has 2 x 7/16" UNF threads completely different to a Series 2/2A, they are 7/16" UNF supply line from res.. and 3/8"UNF to wheel cyl's, another trap for the unwary:(:(

chazza
1st June 2008, 08:39 AM
There is one S1 part there available for about 1/3 of the price - see Parts Suppliers on this forum.

ellard
1st June 2008, 04:49 PM
I think he asks premium prices myself

I hear you - with prices like I have seen within there web site - I wont be shopping there.......

Its cheaper to get a soft top from exmoor trim-with freight than to buy at there advertised price......

Wayne

numpty
1st June 2008, 06:30 PM
I hear you - with prices like I have seen within there web site - I wont be shopping there.......

Its cheaper to get a soft top from exmoor trim-with freight than to buy at there advertised price......

Wayne

True Wayne, although we sourced ours locally (Victoria) and it was cheaper and better.

Lotz-A-Landies
11th June 2008, 06:16 PM

Wayne
Wayne and Mrs Numpty

It gets worse, the vendor recently sold an item off his website to a fellow in Queensland, unfortunately the vendor didn't actually own one of the items that he had just sold and collected the money for. The vendor then went and purchased one of the items off a person in Queensland (and last time I heard hadn't yet paid for it.) The vendor in Queensland turns out to be a friend of the buyer in Queensland and the transaction could have been done much cheaper.

Caveat Emptor!

Diana

Sleepy
23rd July 2008, 07:09 PM
Pity about the holden motor - nonetheless looks like a ripper:D

TeZZaP
24th July 2008, 08:04 AM
Pity about the holden motor - nonetheless looks like a ripper:D

Its really just the kind of project I'm looking for, it just needs to be a little closer to Cairns!

Sleepy
26th July 2008, 08:09 PM
Looks ok - bit of mechanical work I'd reckon.
Loved the "All other things in the background not included" comment - would that be the barbed wire fence or the redgum trees in the distance? :D:D

Dinty
2nd August 2008, 06:33 PM
g'DAY aLL, Bout 3 weeks for a bloke like me LOL:p:p;) cheers Dennis:wasntme::angel:

ellard
3rd August 2008, 04:13 AM
g'DAY aLL, Bout 3 weeks for a bloke like me LOL:p:p;) cheers Dennis:wasntme::angel:

Hi there

I know your good - but not that good hahahahahah

Wayne

PS its beyond my capabilities........and Troy best of luck with the sale of the 107 (pitty about the holden engine)

olmate
3rd August 2008, 06:59 AM
Thanks Wayne - that Holden engine is not helping things:(

Dinty
13th August 2008, 10:33 AM
G'day All, What a P.O.S cheers Dennis:wasntme:

vin16660088
15th August 2008, 03:20 PM
some people sure can strip a car, its the putting it all back together again where they stumble...

Lotz-A-Landies
17th August 2008, 12:47 AM
As Daryl Kerrigan would say "Tell I'm he's dreamin!"

Is anyone else confused by the VIN in the ad and the ID plate on the firewall. I guess that's what happens when you get a vehicle from Grenwille Motors! :D :D

Although joking aside, it still has exactly the engine it was delivered with (5 Feb 1951). I wonder if it still has the PTO? Unless it was changed it will be a yellow button freewheel transfer box and does look quite straight, so may be worth the dollars???

Diana

Shonky
20th August 2008, 09:53 AM
Two are 80" and the browney one is an 86".

Sounds like he has a fair hoard of parts going as part of the deal aswell...

procrastination inc
20th August 2008, 12:12 PM
I have started the bidding :)

TeZZaP
20th August 2008, 12:15 PM
Shame they are not closer to Cairns...

procrastination inc
29th August 2008, 10:16 PM
reserve not met :(

Dinty
30th August 2008, 08:02 AM
G'day All, Methinks he was looking to retire on the ebay earnings cheers Dennis:wasntme:

Lotz-A-Landies
19th September 2008, 03:54 PM
Isn't it a great find???? :) :) :)

The vendor has known about it for 15 years and just after acquiring it decided to buy a 130. Unfortunately his wife suggested it's either not both.

So out goes the 80", a bit sad really. :(

We checked the Grenville Motors books and the numbers are correct and original. What a great project for someone who wants one of the first 3000 vehicles and not one of the tens of thousands that came in the years after 1949. Just the horn button has to be worth a few hundred, and still having those oh so rare Grenville badges on the front LHS makes it even better.

series1buff
20th September 2008, 02:22 PM
not one of the tens of thousands that came in the years after 1949.

Just the horn button has to be worth a few hundred,

Yes, but what happens if you have to find a 'thingamybob' that only fits a 48 model .

For the life of me , I cannot work out how 2 dollars worth of bakelite can sell for hundreds of dollars....why can't somebody make up a die and produce a run of a few thousand . MG and other cars have a active repro industry. Why not series 1's?

Mike

Sleepy
27th September 2008, 08:12 PM
LAND ROVER SERIES ONE LATE 1948 MODEL PRESSED FIRE WALL - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 24-Sep-08 20:51:07 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LAND-ROVER-SERIES-ONE-LATE-1948-MODEL-PRESSED-FIRE-WALL_W0QQitemZ320300663278QQihZ011QQcategoryZ6763Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Top bid at $5,850 :eek: Very pretty though! Anyone here buy it?

series1buff
28th September 2008, 10:40 AM
Top bid at $5,850 :eek: Very pretty though! Anyone here buy it?

I was surprised it didn't go to the UK .. or did it ? It was a fair deal .. if I had the money I would have paid that . His other 'everyday driver' was also, apparently a good buy . These days, 4k doesn't go far when your restoring a car- it did need some work .. but not a full re-build . Although it is hard to tell without seeing it .. the motor could have been tired - 20 year old reco job. I would prefer a wide front spring job ( which i dont have ) for an everyday driver .. more stability and less of the wandering around the lane syndrome. I've been at high speed in both narrow and wide front spring 80" ... and the difference is there to notice .
Mike

Lotz-A-Landies
25th October 2008, 08:46 PM

"Restorer's dream" - I wonder if he woke up in a cold sweat:eek2::Rolling: :Rolling:

101RRS
25th October 2008, 09:44 PM
Wow - he has gotta be joking - my series 1 is only 300 cars later than this, is fully original, complete and runs and cost a third of the this car's starting price - and I thought I paid about $200 too much.

He is dreaming:angel:

Garry

olmate
26th October 2008, 07:50 AM
:eek2:

Sleepy
26th October 2008, 08:42 PM
Just think what that makes Shorty worth Troy;)

olmate
27th October 2008, 05:36 AM
Paul - he's selling the shed mate... the car just got in the way :D

Sleepy
17th November 2008, 03:35 PM
Land Rover series 1 NOS Pork Pie rear lights - eBay Other Lights, Indicators, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Nov-08 20:54:33 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-series-1-NOS-Pork-Pie-rear-lights_W0QQitemZ230307994892QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em230307994892&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318)

:eek2: OMG $500 - I think I'd have to sell Olute to pay for them! :( Looks like I'll be sticking with the Series 3 lights for a while!

(and that's only the starting bid.:o)

If I bought a worklight and some pork pies I'd have to get a guard dog too! :D:p

back_in
23rd November 2008, 08:07 PM
Hi NM
The vehicle was on Ebay last month
Had a look
it's worth $2.50, not enough left to interest a scrap dealer
chassis is rusted out
re member is a heap of rust, all but no steel left
etc etc etc etc
happy bidding
cheers
Ian

werdan
23rd November 2008, 09:37 PM
That much rust? Certainly wouldn't be registerable then!!

I think that's what they mean by 'registerable in SA'. It's unlikely to be able to be registered anywhere else! :)

101RRS
23rd February 2009, 11:40 AM
There's an unregistered, but cute and clean looking, 1955 Series 1 86'' 2lt straight diesel on eBay:
LANDROVER SERIES 1 - eBay, Restoration, Salvage, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Mar-09 18:51:22 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280315427236)

Bidding starts at $3,500, with a $4,800 buy it now.

Is it a 55 86"? - it has a 88" front radiator panel and I cannot tell if it has the extra length in the front guards that an 88 has. Plus - I thought that was the reason that the series 1 went to 88" - so that the diesel could go in - in short I didn't think there were 86" diesels.

Garry

numpty
23rd February 2009, 12:05 PM
You're right Garry, no diesel in 86", so it's either a transplant or it's an 88".

I cant tell from the photos either. And what's the military running gear?

Lost Landy
23rd February 2009, 12:32 PM
Going by the pics it looks like it has 2A diffs fitted as the wheels look to be sitting out futher then they normaly do with series 1 diffs. It looks to be an 86" as I can see the wing steady arm bolt close to the wheel arch & not futher back like on the 88", also looks like the door tops were from a 107" or 109" going by the grey paint on the inside too.

dandlandyman
23rd February 2009, 02:49 PM
The engine appears to be out of a later 2a or 3 - it has the later shallow thermostat casting in the head - and it has a radiator from a Series 2-2a - the Series 1 unit's core doesn't fill the whole rad panel area. Also, it doesn't have a hand throttle, which (if I recall correctly) was standard on all diesels.

Dan.
69 2A 88" pet4, 74 3 109" pet4, 68 2B FC pet6.

Landy Smurf
9th March 2009, 05:00 PM
hey i am doin up 2 series 1s 1953s and the main thing missing are the instrament panels ive been looking for a while but cant find 1 or 1 that doesnt cost more than the rest of the car so if any1 can find me one from where ever thatll be great!!!!!

Sleepy
9th April 2009, 06:59 PM
Used LAND ROVER SERIES I S1 1960 - Tasmania - CarPoint Australia (http://carpoint.com.au/used-car/LAND%20ROVER/SERIES%20I/Tasmania/csn7020543.aspx)

Very pretty.

"Most likely the best Series One in Australia.":o

Blue-printed Holden 6 cylinder motor:angel:

$21,500* :eek2:

MickS
12th April 2009, 10:08 PM
Used LAND ROVER SERIES I S1 1960 - Tasmania - CarPoint Australia (http://carpoint.com.au/used-car/LAND%20ROVER/SERIES%20I/Tasmania/csn7020543.aspx)

Very pretty.

"Most likely the best Series One in Australia.":o

Blue-printed Holden 6 cylinder motor:angel:

$21,500* :eek2:

"Tell him he's dreamin' son...."

Lost Landy
14th April 2009, 04:17 PM
I would say a tad over priced oh and you have to love the non period alloy tray NOT.

chris1983rangie
14th April 2009, 04:44 PM
wow! mamma mia!

Sleepy
14th April 2009, 04:44 PM
I kind of like it. Nice colour, parabolics,sals diff etc. Not original, but nice. I think it is another case of trying to recoup the money spent on it. You never know - someone may take him up on it. I hope so, because that'll make my 107 worth a few grand more;):angel:

Lost Landy
14th April 2009, 07:38 PM
I think that if it had a wooden tray with polished wood would have looked alot better and not look out of place and still be quite usable aswell.

Sleepy
10th May 2009, 09:04 PM
I might pop in and have a look at that one. It's just around the corner from me.

I'd love the engine for ol'ute but would be a shame to dismantle it if it is a goer. Those seats look funny :lol2:

chris1983rangie
12th May 2009, 08:15 PM
they look like seats outa a Holden :) its in good shape, i hope it finds a good home!

Chris

Lotz-A-Landies
12th May 2009, 08:42 PM
Land-Rover-Series-1-Rear-PTO-Pulley-Rare_
No Comment......
:eek:
:eek2:
:eek::eek2::eek2:Personally I hope he gets that sort of money. That's the price they go for in the UK and US and instead of us giving them away to the bunch of Britt and North American raiders who come out here and steal them from under our noses, I'm glad an Aussie knows what he wants for it. It looks really well presented.

Good on him, stick to your guns.

Diana

P.S. Now who do we know who lives in Cleveland?

Seriously_Series
12th May 2009, 08:53 PM
Personally I hope he gets that sort of money. That's the price they go for in the UK and US and instead of us giving them away to the bunch of Britt and North American raiders who come out here and steal them from under our noses, I'm glad an Aussie knows what he wants for it. It looks really well presented.

Good on him, stick to your guns.

Diana

P.S. Now who do we know who lives in Cleveland?

Cleveland, Ohio? There might be some Pearl fishing in Cleveland, Australia tho...

Sleepy
12th May 2009, 08:55 PM
Personally I hope he gets that sort of money.

I don't. I wouldn't mind one for ol'ute - I have a PTO but no attachments or shafts. I can't afford that sort of money.:(

But as we always say - It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.;)

chris1983rangie
12th May 2009, 09:02 PM
Hi,
I've only been around series one's for 3 years now, & thats the first time i've come across a Complete PTO for sale. At least you don't have to worry about chasing parts to complete a unit, its all there ready to bolt up to ya Landy!

Lotz-A-Landies
12th May 2009, 09:09 PM

P.S. Now who do we know who lives in Cleveland?Cleveland, Ohio? There might be some Pearl fishing in Cleveland, Australia tho...
I know you are joshing, I should have said Cleveland Qld, was thinking it may be someone on here.

I don't. I wouldn't mind one for ol'ute - I have a PTO but no attachments or shafts. Keep your eyes open, and go to local clearing sales, they can often be found amongst the detritus. I picked one up at a sale in Dalgety NSW for $50, found it in what was the farms vehicle dumping ground.

Mick-Kelly
15th May 2009, 05:25 PM
second item number is wrong

Hebe
15th May 2009, 05:58 PM
second item number is wrong

Thanks, that was a mistake. I have corrected the post. Here it is again, eBay item number 260406378970

ellard
15th May 2009, 08:16 PM
Hi there all

The pork pie lights have been there a few times now.......but maybe that has something to do with the price........ouch.

My views

Wayne

Hebe
16th May 2009, 10:04 AM
I am just wondering if the following find is a real badge, or just a reproduction. I've never seen metal ones, just aluminium ones. Anyone knows if the first series ones featured metal badges?

Item number: 170329511861
This is an original LAND ROVER solid heavy metal name badge which I believe was originally fitted to series one models. It is tarnished / aged otherwise it is in excellent condition. It measures approx 5 1/2 inches by 2 inches.

Sleepy
16th May 2009, 10:40 AM
Can't say whether it's a repro or not but the early ones looked like that.

You can almost see one here on Huey

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/100-greatest/03-large/61-land-rover-series-i.jpg

Hebe
16th May 2009, 11:04 AM
Can't say whether it's a repro or not but the early ones looked like that.

"Looked like" is one thing, any repro can look like it. Maybe even look better. The thing is... metal and steel was not cheap and not readily available at the time due to the war consumption previously. Government put on metal and steel restrictions but aluminium was available in abundance due to the diminished use of it in the airplane industry. Why would Land Rover build with aluminium but have the first badges in "heavy metal", while later it did use aluminium for its badges. It could be possible and I am just wondering...???

Anyone?

Sleepy
16th May 2009, 12:01 PM
These are cast type.
https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2009/05/711.jpg

Close up of Huey

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2009/05/712.jpg

If you google around you'll see plenty of early 80's with this type. They appear on ebay from time to time and sell for $50 to $100 usually.
As it is a simple design it would be easy enough to copy it - so therefore from a simple picture you can't definitively say - the design however is accurate.
I've got a feeling they were brass.
Don't forget there was plenty of steel - even in the early ones.
(Chassis, Firewall, Engine, Transmission etc.)
The aluminimum badges like:

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2012/12/855.jpg

Didn't appear til later.

101RRS
19th May 2009, 06:50 PM
yep - been watchin these for a few weeks - over the top price and they have not sold first time around

Hebe
19th May 2009, 07:23 PM
yep - been watchin these for a few weeks - over the top price and they have not sold first time around

Maybe these are other ones? These are the boddies only and there are bids on them now (GBP 51.00 (approximately AU $102.88)) so they are selling.

Much less than the complete set fo two (starting AUD 600) on the other listing previously which didn't go. But since this is only boddies I find it still a lot.

101RRS
19th May 2009, 07:50 PM
Maybe these are other ones? These are the boddies only and there are bids on them now (GBP 51.00 (approximately AU $102.88)) so they are selling.

Much less than the complete set fo two (starting AUD 600) on the other listing previously which didn't go. But since this is only boddies I find it still a lot.

Yes you are correct - I assumed they were the ones on Ebay Aust but these are on the UK site. They will go up in cost before the auction closes.

Garry

Lost Landy
20th May 2009, 02:17 PM
I have gone at looked over this 80" & I have to say it is in great cond for its age. There is bugger all rust if any & the pannels are nice & stright.
If I had the money I would have bought it.

Lost Landy
21st May 2009, 03:32 PM
Great little Landy though its a touch out of my price rage of 45,000 pounds lol.

Sleepy
21st May 2009, 04:36 PM
Tickford in the UK

Land Rover Series One 80" TICKFORD Station Wagon on eBay, also, Land Rover, Classic Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Jun-09 12:55:49 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-Series-One-80-TICKFORD-Station-Wagon_W0QQitemZ390051081656QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto mobiles_UK?hash=item390051081656&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50)

Isn't it lovely:cool:
Tickford's are my favourite series 1s. Mind you, I would want a straight wing for that money. I guess, AU$100,000 by the time you get it here?! :eek2:

Aaron IIA
23rd May 2009, 03:34 PM
Tickford in the UK

Land Rover Series One 80" TICKFORD Station Wagon on eBay, also, Land Rover, Classic Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Jun-09 12:55:49 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-Series-One-80-TICKFORD-Station-Wagon_W0QQitemZ390051081656QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto mobiles_UK?hash=item390051081656&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50)

This vehicle appears to be being sold by Dunsfold's. I didn't think they would sell a vehicle like this unless they had a better one.

Aaron.

Sleepy
23rd May 2009, 03:58 PM
Well as much as I love it, and as pretty as it looks,...............I say, "tell 'em they're dreaming!":angel:

series1buff
5th June 2009, 03:43 PM
Sadlt mine is up. Need to make a lot of space for my new ride.
1949 Landrover SWB 80" - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Jun-09 19:03:52 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=320378958133)

Is the 1950's - 60's Tasmanian number plate included in the deal ? :wasntme:

Dingo63
9th June 2009, 09:11 PM
Is the 1950's - 60's Tasmanian number plate included in the deal ? :wasntme:

Sure is :cool:

ellard
10th June 2009, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2016/08/768.jpg (http://www.aulro.com/afvb/series-i-land-rover-enthusiasts-section/44143-ebayfinds-post995272.html#post995272)
107 Wagon - So ugly, it's gorgeous!

Land-Rover 1958 Series 1 LWB 107 Station Wagon - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Jun-09 21:39:31 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-1958-Series-1-LWB-107-Station-Wagon_W0QQitemZ190313475921QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_C ars?hash=item2c4f912f51&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7 C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200)

I think he's dreamin tho............$9,000

Hi there

Wish him luck with his asking price - but I do agree with your comments.

Wayne

dreamin'
10th June 2009, 03:02 PM
I think he's dreamin tho............$9,000

Hang on .... I'm Dreamin'!...Not me!

Mick-Kelly
10th June 2009, 05:44 PM
I think he has just factored in the replacement cost of the pork pies. :p

olmate
21st July 2009, 06:33 PM
Paul - I was watching that one :o:o:o WOW :o:o:o. I cant say much more but, if the prices are that good, who wants to buy Shorty ??

Sleepy
21st July 2009, 06:41 PM
who wants to buy Shorty ??

Don't even think about it Troy:mad:, you have a number of us vicariously living this rebuild with you!
(Give you a grand when your done though :angel::lol2:)

olmate
21st July 2009, 06:43 PM
I was expecting that :BigThumb:

ellard
21st July 2009, 07:56 PM
Hi there

I cant say much more but, if the prices are that good, who wants to buy Shorty ??

I was also watching it with total amazment with the end price

Wowwwwwww $4,750.00..............

for a:
Short wheel base 88".
Possibly 1957 ?
It does not start, ready for restoration. Hopefully pictures will explain the rest .

Wayne

olmate
29th July 2009, 05:21 PM
Finally found out who it was today. Not that I know him but he put it on ebay expecting around the 500; not bothering to watch progress. Obviously he is very happy with the result. ;)

ade30946x6
30th July 2009, 08:13 AM
Maybe his mates were bidding it up on Epay and perhaps it did not settle.

3 Sisters
3rd August 2009, 02:29 PM
I made him a cheaper offer before bidding started, and he(what could be considered rudely)replied that he was quiet confident of it fetching a high price. Interesting.

101RRS
3rd August 2009, 05:38 PM
Hi there

I was also watching it with total amazment with the end price

Wowwwwwww $4,750.00..............

for a:
Short wheel base 88".
Possibly 1957 ?
It does not start, ready for restoration. Hopefully pictures will explain the rest .

Wayne

Maybe I should put my second series 1 88 up on e-bay - completely original AND DOES START - so what $5500 should be a good price:)

Garry

olmate
3rd August 2009, 06:46 PM
Why not - the money is in his pocket now - he's happy (what a price :o)

ellard
4th August 2009, 08:24 AM
Hi there

I some times wonder with e-bay..........and people whom drive prices up.

I know of one person whom has done it a few times, but its a dead give away when the items re-appear a few weeks later................

Well as a few people have said - it makes our older series ones worth a few dollars...................so what does it makes the wifes farm hack "1954" - fitted with capstan and rear PTO NOTE: its road registered & runs

All the best

Wayne

bayrover
20th August 2009, 12:59 PM
Series 1 1953 80" on ebay. $2000 buy it now price. Sounds like for that price you get a rusted out chassis (totally) and motor plugged full of grease (some 10yrs ago). I think the guy is dreaming.
Rgds

ellard
21st August 2009, 08:17 AM
Hi there

This one......

Land Rover 1953 Series 1 SWB - eBay, Restoration, Salvage, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 24-Aug-09 17:21:48 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-1953-Series-1-SWB_W0QQitemZ270444678760QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car s?hash=item3ef7c24e68&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

Series 1 1953 80" on ebay. $2000 buy it now price. Sounds like for that price you get a rusted out chassis (totally) and motor plugged full of grease (some 10yrs ago). I think the guy is dreaming.
Rgds

He may get it.....it looks reasonably complette.

Wayne

Lost Landy
21st August 2009, 06:00 PM
If in fact it does come with a complete PTO it is worth $2000 with out a doubt.

bayrover
22nd August 2009, 06:26 PM
I've been to the viewing. What you get are dinged front wings, rusted firewall, good tub and doors/tops, sus g/box and unknown motor. I've seen better for 2G
Rgds

Lost Landy
1st November 2009, 06:58 PM
Hi all spotted this early 1950 80" on ebay although not 100% complete would be worth while buying has the front mounted spring shackles & shovel back seats, any ways have a look.

Land-Rover post war whole chassis and what bolts to it! - eBay, Vintage Car Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Nov-09 17:42:35 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-post-war-whole-chassis-and-what-bolts-to-it_W0QQitemZ200400695982QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_ Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea8cff2ae)

Scallops
2nd November 2009, 08:37 AM
Another one I found - in Stanthorpe, SE Qld.....

Land Rover 1953 Series 1 80" - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 10-Nov-09 20:08:58 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-1953-Series-1-80_W0QQitemZ320442743414QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars ?hash=item4a9be03a76#ht_500wt_1182)

Lost Landy
2nd November 2009, 12:36 PM
Hi Dan,
that 53 80" locks great its the kind of Landy that we all hope to find, I wonder what the reserve is?

Scallops
2nd November 2009, 12:45 PM
Hi Dan,
that 53 80" locks great its the kind of Landy that we all hope to find, I wonder what the reserve is?

Yeah - it's sweet - fancy a trip to Stanthorpe? :p

dreamin'
3rd November 2009, 08:38 PM
Something for everyone!

A 109 2A that looks like a S1, with a 48-49? grille, similar vintage grab bar and holden motor.

Land Rover 109" Series II (2) A - eBay, Restoration, Salvage, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 10-Nov-09 20:59:44 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-109-Series-II-2-A_W0QQitemZ150385750891QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars? hash=item2303b0736b)

Sleepy
3rd November 2009, 08:48 PM
Something for everyone!

A 109 2A that looks like a S1, with a 48-49? grille, similar vintage grab bar and holden motor.

Land Rover 109" Series II (2) A - eBay, Restoration, Salvage, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 10-Nov-09 20:59:44 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-109-Series-II-2-A_W0QQitemZ150385750891QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars? hash=item2303b0736b)

It's a Series 1 109" _ can't quite read the serial number - 1957/8?. Yes, looks like the early grille (Might be a homemade version?) - wonder what spares in the back.
With no rust it might be a good start.

Edit: OK, had another look , if it is 34705**** then it is a 2A with a S1 body - weird :confused:
Edit2: Is that the real plate it doesn't appear to be screwed to anything - would love to see the chassis.

digger
3rd November 2009, 10:16 PM
thought maybe this could be a good thread for people to put in links or posts that show parts that can be used in s1's as a "standin" for the originals...

feel free to post photos, links and list your ideas etc...

a few to start things off?

maybe a temporary taillight for s.1s??

STUDEBAKER TRUCK 57-58-59-60-61 C CAB TAIL LIGHTS****BD:eBay Motors (item 350262732714 end time Nov-07-09 10:56:42 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350262732714&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT)

and (because of the hazard switch addition) maybe a good magnatec
standin?

UNIVERSAL DIRECTIONAL TURN SIGNAL SWITCH 30 40 50 60*BG:eBay Motors (item 350244040394 end time Nov-22-09 09:29:28 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350244040394&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

cheers
digger

Scallops
11th November 2009, 09:14 AM
Another one I found - in Stanthorpe, SE Qld.....

Land Rover 1953 Series 1 80" - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 10-Nov-09 20:08:58 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-1953-Series-1-80_W0QQitemZ320442743414QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars ?hash=item4a9be03a76#ht_500wt_1182)

Went for $3550.00 - sweet little Landy, and a good price for both the buyer and seller. These vehicles are worth more than many people think. :)

Lost Landy
11th November 2009, 11:04 AM
Yep Dan I have to agree with you on that mate.

Scallops
11th November 2009, 11:18 AM
Yep Dan I have to agree with you on that mate.

Good luck with yours, too. :)

d@rk51d3
12th November 2009, 06:22 AM
Pork Pie lense.

Looks a bit rough, but better than nothing?

Land Rover Series 1 - Tail Light Lens - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Nov-09 12:09:09 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-1-Tail-Light-Lens_W0QQitemZ260500317209QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca r_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca7076419)

Scallops
12th November 2009, 07:50 AM
Pork Pie lense.

Land Rover Series 1 - Tail Light Lens - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Nov-09 12:09:09 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-1-Tail-Light-Lens_W0QQitemZ260500317209QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca r_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca7076419)

I thought Pork Pies had a flatter side profile? That looks more like the more recent lens shape to me... :confused:

101RRS
12th November 2009, 09:04 AM
Does look a bit dodgy - aren't original porkpies also glass?

Garry

numpty
12th November 2009, 12:46 PM
Doesn't resemble any of my Pork Pie profiles.

d@rk51d3
12th November 2009, 12:56 PM
Oh well, it's not the first "imaginitive" listing I've seen from this guy.:(

StuRR80
13th November 2009, 11:14 AM
Can somone save this?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150388307426&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:AU:1123 (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150388307426&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:AU:1123)

numpty
13th November 2009, 12:31 PM
That looks remarkably straight. Pity about the Holden motor and the dodgy front.

Lost Landy
13th November 2009, 03:30 PM
Yep you bet lol, I wonder where the 80" is that the grill came off!!!!!;)

Tote
14th November 2009, 07:27 AM
So learned Series people , is it worth $500 as the starting point for a project?
Its close to me and a little bit tempting......
Regards,
Tote

numpty
14th November 2009, 07:49 AM
I would say yes it's worth it. But remember, the Holden coversion has required a chassis mod, so returning it to original requires surgery. As I said, a good body and that's a great start point.

101RRS
14th November 2009, 11:59 AM
Ideally the front X member has just had a section cut out of it which can easily be brought back to original - and maybe some modification to the radiator panel - nothing too hard - as evidenced by moving the lights to the guards.

If the front X member has been moved forward (doesn't look like it) then it will need to be moved back.

But then - the holden can be left in it and I would just be looking at moving the lights back to the radiator panel.

30 years ago I converted an 86 to a holden and had to move the lights to the guards and fabricate a new radiator panel.

This is certainly worth $500 maybe more - but then I feel most series 1s are undervalued.

Garry

ellard
14th November 2009, 12:12 PM
Hi there

Its worth the starting/asking price - but cost me double that to retrieve.

But I like the emotional blackmail written within the sales information........regarding scrap and bailer?
Wayne

Hebe
14th November 2009, 12:56 PM
These vehicles are worth more than many people think. :)

I agree... but of course it depends if you have a collectors point of view or a drivers...

I love my S1 88" but so many people think I'm nuts. :o... they are right! :D

Serious collectors in Europe will pay up to 40000 Euro for a good original state S1. (That's why I moved here... :cool:)

Hebe
14th November 2009, 01:00 PM
Pork Pie lense.

As others commented... nothing close to a Pork Pie. Maybe the later lenses. Even those... These are real Pork Pie originals with indeed glass lenses.
LAND ROVER Series 1 - 'Pork Pie' REAR LAMPS --- NEW --- - eBay, Land Rover, Classic Car Parts, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 20-Oct-09 07:37:31 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330367959371)

Lost Landy
15th November 2009, 10:30 AM
They look to be the real deal.

bobslandies
15th November 2009, 07:50 PM
As others commented... nothing close to a Pork Pie. Maybe the later lenses. Even those... These are real Pork Pie originals with indeed glass lenses.
LAND ROVER Series 1 - 'Pork Pie' REAR LAMPS --- NEW --- - eBay, Land Rover, Classic Car Parts, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 20-Oct-09 07:37:31 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330367959371)

The lens has been relisted:
Land Rover Pork Pie Lens, Plastic - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 25-Nov-09 14:41:52 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Pork-Pie-Lens-Plastic_W0QQitemZ260506954302QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca76caa3e)

and shows it with a Lucas 518 pork pie body so you can see you are wrong in the statement above.

1. I am not the seller, but I know who it is. He is a member of a number of Rover and Land Rover clubs in Australia and the UK, including the 48-53 Register and the Series One Club. By the way, he is also a member of this forum.

2. When you know as much as he does you and others can then comment on what he sells.

3. He has restored some magnificent vehicles over many years, some Land Rovers even fitted with real, original, new old stock “pork pie lights”.

4. He has the lights.

5. I have not seen a 518 with a glass lens! I would like to see one as they had a red plastic rear lens (some with integral reflectors and some without) and clear plastic number plate lens. Over the years I have had a number - all gone.

The Lucas 518 (#53393F and #543405D) is a very complex lamp with its bayonet type construction (Backplate #526371, Rubber seating #526530, Friction Plate #526458, Retaining Plate #526555 and two different Bodies (#526536 – with and without number plate illumination window #526537) and the red rear plastic lens held in position by a swage so it is not (easily) replaceable. The 518 was only used on a limited number of vehicles and two different bodies would have to be made. This is the main reason it has not been reproduced previously. The back plate and mounts have been reproduced but the bodies available are apparently new old stock and will run out eventually. There is still a limited market. That is why they are so expensive.
Poke around at Swap Meets and you might be lucky to find one or two being sold by someone who does not know their worth, but this is getting more unlikely.

The 518 was replaced by the much more economically manufactured plastic lens Della Beacon and many were also replaced in service with the Lucas 533 (#53304A), later superseded by the Lucas ST38.
There were many cheaper copies of the 533 with glass and plastic lenses, commonly seen on trailers and also used as replacements on Land Rovers.

6. The term “pork pie” light was and still is applied to the ST38, not only to the Lucas 518.
To see these referred to as “pork pie”:
Lucas ST38 - Reproduction black/chrome Lucas ST38 ‘Pork-Pie’ light (http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/377)
Lucas ST38 - Stafford Vehicle Components - ST38 (Pork Pie) LIGHTS (http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/prod/ST38_porkpie.html) and Stafford Vehicle Components - ST38 (Pork Pie) LIGHTS (http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/prod/ST38.html)
Lucas ST38 - http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/1290~rear+lamp+ST38-details/; http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/1291~rear+lamp+ST38-details/; http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/2623~rear+lamp+ST38-details/; http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/3797~rear+lamp+ST38+with+chrome+rim-details/;

“Budget” restorers don’t and either cannot or will not pay what they are generally sold for – witness the ongoing thread on making pork pie lights:
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/series-i-land-rover-enthusiasts-section/76683-pork-pie-could-we-produce-some-reasonable-replicas.html
and prices:
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/series-i-land-rover-enthusiasts-section/67359-pork-pie-prices.html

There is nothing wrong with that and please do not take me wrongly in what I am saying – I too like to acquire parts as economically as possible.
Refrain from commenting on what a seller may have for sale, whether he’s “dreamin” as many of you like to comment or whether he has in your view unreal expectations. It may not sell, then again it may to your amazement. Many very valuable contributors to this forum sell on eBay and elsewhere and read some of the rubbish written here...

I believe that this forum needs a rule that it should be “off-limits” to make comments about what sellers advertise their parts or vehicles for. You don’t comment about items in the markets section of the forum and don’t about anyone else’s vehicle. So why eBay? Carpoint? Trading Post? This rule applies on other forums so it’s about time it did here also – and that goes for Moderators too.
Link to items but be cautious in your comments.

Bob

Scallops
15th November 2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Bob. But the add has changed - you say relisted.

The original add listed picture didn't look as it does now - it looked like a later lens as per Series 2's on. So it wasn't unreasonable for posters here to discuss it's origins.

That's what people do on Land Rover forums. :D

Sleepy
15th November 2009, 08:07 PM
That's a very informative post Bob, thanks. I appreciate the insight and I love learning about my Series 1 land rover from those with more knowledge than me.

As you've perhaps noticed I'd love to get hold of some pork pies (generic term for L518's) for my 107". I cant afford the AU$500+ just yet.

I have only owned my Series 1 for 1 year and know <1% of what there is to know.

I think you're being a little precious though. It is just the internet. I think we acknowledge that many of us are "wanna bees" and we love learning and participating - even if we make the wrong "call". ( I am still deciding what is the visible difference between a siamese bore and an spread bore ;))

What Hebe said may not have been correct but I don't think we need to censer him - like with most threads on aulro.com - we debate the issue. The "truth" is always only a post away.

bobslandies
15th November 2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Bob. But the add has changed - you say relisted.

The original add listed picture didn't look as it does now - it looked like a later lens as per Series 2's on. So it wasn't unreasonable for posters here to discuss it's origins.

Because of the comments made here previosly it was "clarified" in the relisting.

That's what people do on Land Rover forums. :D

I know what you mean but maybe we should all look at the implications of what some of us have to say. Unfortunately we have lost some valuable contributors in the past when they have been, in their opinion "flamed".
It doesn' take much for some people to get upset and after all this is supposed to be our hobby where unpleasantness is unwanted.

Bob

bobslandies
15th November 2009, 09:05 PM
I think you're being a little precious though. It is just the internet.........we debate the issue. The "truth" is always only a post away.

I appreciate you comments but the problem is that the internet rarely just fades away like a conversation, or talk at a meeting or a news item in a throw-away newspaper.
It seems it is there forever and once an ill guarded or hasty comment is made it is very difficult to undo. Even if a site disappears there are archives.

I was not specifically censuring Hebe - just pointing out he was wrong. My post was more to get some discussion on what we would think if our pride and joy was picked apart by people who probably did not know the vehicle or its worth. What got me annoyed once before was the comments about the Series 3 Station Wagon that I believe sold for very significantly less that what it should have achieved. Then again, it was just the wrong week for its sale.

Hope you find some "pork pies" for your restoration.

Bob

Sleepy
15th November 2009, 09:15 PM
Fair enough Bob,
I know what your getting at. I am still upset by a comment made by someone months ago (let it go sleepy!)

Someone once told me that 90% of communication is through body language.
This is probably why we have trouble without "seeing" each other.

Time for an aulro group hug:p - What happened to the Tenterfield gig????:confused:

Scallops
15th November 2009, 09:23 PM
Fair enough Bob,
I know what your getting at. I am still upset by a comment made by someone months ago (let it go sleepy!)

Someone once told me that 90% of communication is through body language.
This is probably why we have trouble without "seeing" each other.

Time for an aulro group hug:p - What happened to the Tenterfield gig????:confused:

I'll 2nd the group hug, :) . But let me give Hebe a break - It was me that actually first asked the question regarding the item as being a "pork pie". I was actually asking a genuine question. This was more a case of a S1 "know nothing" (me) stuffing up! :(

No harm was intended. :angel:

Hebe
16th November 2009, 07:32 AM
Oops....

Didn't want to upset anyone. :o Anyway, we should be allowed to discuss if a claim is valid or not. If someone says this is original we should be able to be sceptical and give our opinions. Especially if this is with respect to a sale where a potential buyer may, or may not, be duped.

I certainly do not have the credentials to call myself an expert. But I do have some knowledge and my opinion. And I may be wrong, may not...

I checked on the eBay listing I referred to (had a look at the actual items in person) and indeed those are plastic lenses. In my eager to confirm what were clearly not original lenses I confirmed the other poster saying that yes originals had glass. Which I have to correct now.... no, not.... as someone else said, never seen them in glass. :angel: And unfortunately I haven't seen that many. :( So, I stand corrected and apologize. :oops2:Still.....

In this case the seller, who is probably a great person, did adjust the listing. And appearantly due to this forum... which is great to see. It shows the sellers honesty and shows that this forum has a positive influence.

:banban:
Everyone should be allowed to question.... in any forum about anything. It is then up to answers and responses to get many replies which clarify and give an outcome which reflects the truth as close as possible. Forum: "public meeting or assembly for open discussion". The word being Open... Open to all opinions and thoughts, of course there is still a need for respectful language and expression of opinions.
:nazibanned:

in short....
Sorry, I was (partially) wrong!

(p.s. Pork Pie is the non-scientific name used for the shape. There are many products out there called a pork pie. From hats, different types of lights, drums, etc. It comes from the shape of a pork pie (which aparently you can actually eat), which I have to admit to never have seen one in real life..... have a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_pie)

bobslandies
16th November 2009, 10:28 AM
Hebe,

I was just pointing out your error about the lights and explaining in detail the different "pork pie" types as clearly as I could.

The purpose of my post was more intended to start a discussion about notification of items of interest to the forum members being exactly that - as the notifications are lost in the discussion and the intent of having the "eBay finds" threads is defeated.

As this is not the only thread where where there are these type of notifications of items for sale on the forum and where such a policy should be considered I believe it is worth discussing.

Maybe it should be discussed in a completely new "sticky" thread for a time somewhere (so it would not run on in this thread - what I am really on about;)), a policy developed by the Moderators and Administrators and then adhered to as a forum rule. It works elsewhere.

And yes, it becomes a form of censorship just as the forum would be unworkable without rules and if necessary censorship in other areas.

Bob

Hebe
17th November 2009, 12:01 AM
Hi Bob,

In that case... should read more carefully...

I agree with you on that. So... here is one...

MATCHBOX BY LESNEY - Land Rover Fire Truck - eBay Matchbox, Cars, Diecast Vehicles, Toys, Hobbies. (end time 17-Nov-09 21:30:58 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MATCHBOX-BY-LESNEY-Land-Rover-Fire-Truck_W0QQitemZ390117602591QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_T oys_Hobbies_Diecast_Vehicles?hash=item5ad4d2351f)

numpty
17th November 2009, 08:45 AM
As a matter of interest, I am meeting with the seller this week to pick up something I purchased from him for my 107 (not pork pie lens;)) and I am looking forward to viewing his restorations and or projects that he has spoken to me about.

Lost Landy
18th November 2009, 11:41 AM
Hi Numpty, you will be most impressed with 109" and other goodies;)

Scallops
2nd December 2009, 01:15 PM
What a ripper! ......

Landrover 1950 80" - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 06-Dec-09 13:53:02 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Landrover-1950-80_W0QQitemZ260514906208QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars ?hash=item3ca7e60060#ht_1313wt_940)

numpty
3rd December 2009, 09:07 AM
Looks good, pity about the S11 motor though.

Lost Landy
3rd December 2009, 09:10 AM
Its a great looking 80" you could leave it as is or refit the correct 1.6 motor. Iam sure it will go over $5,000.

Scallops
3rd December 2009, 03:13 PM
Its a great looking 80" you could leave it as is or refit the correct 1.6 motor. Iam sure it will go over $5,000.

:D I'm not! :D

LRO53
9th December 2009, 05:03 AM
Not a vehicle as such but found this seller last night. Has the correct door top rivets etc.

eBay Seller: 80softtop: items on eBay Australia (http://shop.ebay.com.au/80softtop/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340)

101RRS
12th December 2009, 03:10 PM
UN Polish Tickford = LHD Spain

Pkw-Inserat: Detailansicht (http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=124863148&__lp=12&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=14800&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&maxFirstRegistrationDate=1990-12-31&siteId=GERMANY&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=ALSO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=NO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&lang=de&pageNumber=10)

Sleepy
12th December 2009, 10:14 PM
UN Polish Tickford = LHD Spain

Pkw-Inserat: Detailansicht (http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=124863148&__lp=12&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=14800&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&maxFirstRegistrationDate=1990-12-31&siteId=GERMANY&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=ALSO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=NO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&lang=de&pageNumber=10)

IS that 15,000 Euros or is that starting price for an auction. :eek:(I guess that's german?)

Hebe
13th December 2009, 08:57 AM
I read German... There is a note though in English.

It is a German for sale website.. I don't see a bidding option. So I guess 15.000 Euro is the "it is yours" sales price.

Although the website is in German the car is currently in Mallorca, Spain. Probably found on a farm there somewhere by someone who knows how rare Tickfords are. I used to drive around there and found a few roadside used Land Rover establishments. Just old Land Rovers waisting away by the roadside...:( Mostly series IIs and IIIs though.

The ad goes on to say that he/she can deliver in Europe and speaks English, German, Dutch and Spanish. From the language combination I am guessing he/she is Dutch, like me, and living in Spain...

Probably can put it on the boat to Australia for another 1000-1500 AUD. 15.000 EUR is a little steep I think for the condition it looks in. What is up with the rear?

I remember Dunsfold wanting to sell theirs for something similar and I am not sure but I think theys still got it, and that one was restored. I have heard one being on sale/sold at Christies and that the largest order for Tickfords went to the UN in Poland. So the place to search is maybe Poland and Russia (Russians emptying Poland in their time). There is a thread on Tickfords here: Existing Tickford Station Wagon's (http://www.lrsoc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3624.0)

Lost Landy
1st March 2010, 10:13 PM
Hey all check out this little ripper on ebay! I would give my right arm for it ;-) vehicles like these rarely come up for sale!

1948 LAND ROVER SERIES ONE GREEN on eBay (end time 02-Mar-10 20:30:13 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1948-LAND-ROVER-SERIES-ONE-GREEN_W0QQitemZ260558322870QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto mobiles_UK?hash=item3caa7c7cb6)

Sleepy
1st March 2010, 10:29 PM
Hey all check out this little ripper on ebay! I would give my right arm for it ;-) vehicles like these rarely come up for sale!

1948 LAND ROVER SERIES ONE GREEN on eBay (end time 02-Mar-10 20:30:13 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1948-LAND-ROVER-SERIES-ONE-GREEN_W0QQitemZ260558322870QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto mobiles_UK?hash=item3caa7c7cb6)

That's a beauty - thanks for posting the link. Now let me think, on current exchange rate - $25,000AU + say $5000 to get it here. Mmmmm. Better buy another Tatts ticket. :angel:

Lost Landy
3rd March 2010, 08:48 PM
That's a beauty - thanks for posting the link. Now let me think, on current exchange rate - $25,000AU + say $5000 to get it here. Mmmmm. Better buy another Tatts ticket. :angel:

Looks like it didnt sell?

Sleepy
4th March 2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah I guess it's the old story. Lots of us would love to own it but not so many with that kind of money for what is really a museum piece.

101RRS
4th March 2010, 09:17 PM
Now I know the station wagon plates can be a bit hard to find but I think $300 is a bit much - I was prepared to pay about $50 max. I was interested because the front station wagon plate on mine is missing. I assume these are off a later series as my series one Land Rover plate has made in Birmingham on it even though it was made/assembled by Pressed Metal in Sydney.

2 Orig. Land Rover Australia Station Wagon Badge Plates - eBay Mouldings, Trim, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 04-Mar-10 20:45:35 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110499573090&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

Garry

Lost Landy
4th March 2010, 10:04 PM
The Land Rover Australia was never fitted to any series 1 and the
"Four Wheel Drive Station Wagon" badge was from late series 1s through the late 2As, so you should be able to sourse one alot cheaper. :D

drifter
5th March 2010, 05:29 PM
I thought I had seen one elsewhere but it's not the same:

Land Rover Station Wagon Badge-New Alloy - eBay Mouldings, Trim, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Apr-10 05:59:46 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Station-Wagon-Badge-New-Alloy_W0QQitemZ220549939425QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_C ar_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3359cd00e1)

bobslandies
5th March 2010, 08:19 PM
I thought I had seen one elsewhere but it's not the same:

Land Rover Station Wagon Badge-New Alloy - eBay Mouldings, Trim, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Apr-10 05:59:46 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Station-Wagon-Badge-New-Alloy_W0QQitemZ220549939425QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_C ar_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3359cd00e1)

The originals are pressed aluminium shim, black in the hollows and bare aluminium on the high points. These are cast and solid, so easy to differentiate from the real thing.
The Station Wagon badges were originally in two pieces with FOUR WHEEL DRIVE STATION WAGON on a separate plate that fitted below the standard Land Rover badge for the vehicle.

If you like it then buy.

Bob

Sleepy
5th March 2010, 08:30 PM
Or buy one direct for half the price

CAST ALUMINIUM LAND ROVER STATION WAGON BADGE *SALE* - eBay, Land Rover, Car Parts, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 26-Mar-10 19:42:59 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CAST-ALUMINIUM-LAND-ROVER-STATION-WAGON-BADGE-SALE_W0QQitemZ260558637950QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca rsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3caa814b7e)

Don't you just love that exchange rate; 60p to AU$1 - the highest in 40 years:D:angel:

I still prefer the originals though....but $300 :eek2:

Sleepy
7th March 2010, 09:41 PM
OLUTE is FOR SALE.:(:):(:)

Land Rover Series 1 - 1955 - 107" Ute - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 17-Mar-10 22:41:39 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140389048375)

Sleepy
15th March 2010, 05:04 PM
OLUTE is FOR SALE.:(:):(:)

Land Rover Series 1 - 1955 - 107" Ute - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 17-Mar-10 22:41:39 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140389048375)

Bump, :angel:
It's a good'n:D

Lost Landy
15th March 2010, 08:09 PM
Hi all came across this on ebay , looks to be in great cond.
The seller also has some other very interesting bitd for sale :D Land Rover Series 1 Steering Wheel 1948/49 - eBay Steering Wheels, Horns, Interior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 25-Mar-10 17:16:13 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-1-Steering-Wheel-1948-49_W0QQitemZ260569252994QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_ Parts_Accessories?hash=item3cab234482)

LRO53
16th March 2010, 07:34 AM
Hi all came across this on ebay , looks to be in great cond.
The seller also has some other very interesting bitd for sale :D

What else does Jim have for sale?

Lost Landy
16th March 2010, 10:46 PM
What else does Jim have for sale?

He has a rust free 1949 chassis and a couple of ring pull gear boxes, early 1600 motors..
Iam going to have a chat as it might be a great starting point for a restoration project.

bayrover
17th March 2010, 06:03 AM
I'm sure none of it will be sold to go overseas to be resold from a UK base

digger
17th March 2010, 08:56 AM

???:confused: ???

lenmctodd
17th March 2010, 07:32 PM

If ya dont want it to goto england, then buy it yourself!!

Lotz-A-Landies
18th March 2010, 12:46 PM
I'm sure none of it will be sold to go overseas to be resold from a UK baseIf ya dont want it to goto england, then buy it yourself!!At least with the exchange rate currently more in favour of us than it has been for the last few decades, profitability of the Land Rover repatriation business is reduced, so the rate of will slow somewhat.

Diana

back_in
18th March 2010, 08:32 PM
just a note to the uneducated
I have been to the U.K. 4 times in the last 9 years
buying a lot of gear far, far cheaper than here
including 3 tilts, looms, etc etc
having rebuilt 3 cars during this time
I could not do this without the U.K.
so get your gear were you can
cheers
Ian

p.s. keep your rude comments for the gutter

Lotz-A-Landies
18th March 2010, 08:46 PM
Ian

I guess the difference is that we/you are buying new or NOS parts from where ever they are found and I don't feel anyone objects to that.

The other side of the issue, and I am somewhat conflicted myself, is the removal of items like firewalls that are not reproduced here and taking the assembly, complete with the vehicle ID plates back to places like the UK leaving the remains here. The cost to us here, merely for the shipping of a reproduction firewall, is often more than a new firewall costs to UK residents.

Diana

back_in
18th March 2010, 09:03 PM
Hi Diana
I agree with you
I would rather see the old girls going around
than seeing bits going back
a 80' fire wall with a i.d. plate does not make a car when the rest is 25,000 kms away
good to see you still riding shotgun on the troops
cheers
Ian

Lost Landy
18th March 2010, 11:03 PM
Hi all just spotted this 1949 on ebay would be worth a futher look. Land Rover Series 1 SWB Restoration Project - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 25-Mar-10 23:23:51 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-1-SWB-Restoration-Project_W0QQitemZ180482732760QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Cars?hash=item2a059bf2d8)

Landy Smurf
19th March 2010, 11:45 AM
im not sure if this has been put up here yet
1957 Land Rover Firewall - eBay Other, Interior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 19-Mar-10 18:16:48 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1957-Land-Rover-Firewall_W0QQitemZ160411822503QQcmdZViewItemQQptZA U_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item25594a29a7)

Lost Landy
21st March 2010, 08:52 AM
Heres a top find on ebay, its a 1951 80" in very good orignial cond.
LAND ROVER series one 1951 80 inch - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Mar-10 14:04:42 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330415720827&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

Landy Smurf
21st March 2010, 01:20 PM
Heres a top find on ebay, its a 1951 80" in very good orignial cond.
LAND ROVER series one 1951 80 inch - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Mar-10 14:04:42 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330415720827&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)
yeah i bidded on that one to get things rolling

123rover50
21st March 2010, 05:11 PM
Me too. Anyone think it will make 3 grand?

Landy Smurf
21st March 2010, 05:22 PM
i think if that one that the guy on here bought a week or two ago made $1650 this one will have to make at least 2 and a half but yes i think if it is already up to $1275 with 9 days left and being in woy woy i think it will go past 3k

Sleepy
21st March 2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I reckon it'll get 3.:angel: It looks great.

Lost Landy
23rd March 2010, 09:11 PM
Hi just came across this tidy 1955 86" down in Vic on ebay, looks quite stright.
Land Rover, Series 1 - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Mar-10 21:05:55 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-1_W0QQitemZ200453460311QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars? hash=item2eabf51157)

mildred
26th March 2010, 11:36 AM
Hi just came across this tidy 1955 86" down in Vic on ebay, looks quite stright.
Land Rover, Series 1 - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Mar-10 21:05:55 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-1_W0QQitemZ200453460311QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars? hash=item2eabf51157)

Nice landie, it would make a great restoration project, its difficult to find vehicles like this in good condition and this one looks fine, and it has a wonderful hard top no less. Does not seem to be much interest in it at the moment though? The bidding is very slow ? :(

mildred
26th March 2010, 11:53 AM
Found this on E-Bay, lots of stuff for S1's

Land Rover Series 3 Full Gear Lever Knob Set-New - eBay Other, Interior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Apr-10 08:41:15 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-3-Full-Gear-Lever-Knob-Set-New_W0QQitemZ220577700006QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car _Parts_Accessories?hash=item335b7498a6)

worth a look

Sleepy
30th March 2010, 12:18 PM
Me too. Anyone think it will make 3 grand?

Anyone think it will make 4?:D ($3550 and 44 mins to go)

vin16660088
30th March 2010, 04:28 PM
Cleared 4.4 thousand and bound for overseas i would think, be interesting to find out what country it is bound for.

bayrover
1st April 2010, 04:35 PM
I hope the new buyer gets what he payed for. No questions available and told not to call as ebay does not like it. What a load of B/S. I suspect many in oz might be happy we didn't purchase it

Sleepy
1st April 2010, 08:50 PM
MMMmmm, zero rating on the buyer. Perhaps we may see this for sale again soon:angel:

ellard
1st April 2010, 09:31 PM
Hi there all

I hope the new buyer gets what he payed for. No questions available and told not to call as ebay does not like it. What a load of B/S. I suspect many in oz might be happy we didn't purchase it

MMMmmm, zero rating on the buyer. Perhaps we may see this for sale again soon:angel:

MMMMmmmmmmm.................I agree, time will tell.

Wayne

landrovermick
14th April 2010, 09:59 PM
Whilst its not a landy it would make a great addition to a series vehicle - what a way to add realism to a show.

il listed this little number on ebay tonight guys

Antique Remington Bantam Chain Saw works! c1957 approx - eBay, Other Antiques, Antiques. (end time 24-Apr-10 22:00:25 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Antique-Remington-Bantam-Chain-Saw-works-c1957-approx_W0QQitemZ220589437567QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_15?hash=item335c27b27f)

Lost Landy
6th May 2010, 01:42 PM
Heyo i just came across this nice old girl on ebay looks to be very orignial LAND ROVER SERIES 1 FOR RESTORATION OR PARTS - eBay, Restoration, Salvage, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 16-May-10 12:19:09 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250627889760&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

Landy Smurf
6th May 2010, 04:05 PM
its pretty good nice tub

digger
20th August 2010, 12:13 AM
Land Rover Series One 88'' Wheelbase - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 24-Aug-10 14:59:31 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190432940576&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123)

88" bull.... look at it!

so I checked and CALVIN says"-
5 Model year: 1955
7 Model: Land Rover, Series I, petrol
7 Body type: 107in, completely knocked down (CKD)
6 Destination: Right-hand drive (RHD), export market
0513 Serial number

some straight looking panels there...

Hebe
20th August 2010, 07:14 AM
1955 SERIES 1 LANDROVER UTE LONG WHEEL BASE "BARN FIND" - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Aug-10 18:44:12 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1955-SERIES-1-LANDROVER-UTE-LONG-WHEEL-BASE-BARN-FIND-/140439954370?pt=AU_Cars)

Lotz-A-Landies
20th August 2010, 08:39 AM
Land Rover Series One 88'' Wheelbase -

88" bull.... look at it!

so I checked and CALVIN says"-
<snip>
some straight looking panels there...You don't need to consult CalVIN to reveal that, just look at the tub, the mudguard stay and the front bumper and you know it's a 107!
1955 SERIES 1 LANDROVER UTE LONG WHEEL BASE "BARN FIND" Do you think he trying to hide the exhaust stack coming out the LHS of the bonnet and mudguard?

digger
20th August 2010, 08:53 AM
with the "barn find" I see it has the "trafficator" switch in the middle of the steering wheel.... where would I get one of these? (and also the "trafficator blocks" for the windshield?

Mick_Marsh
20th August 2010, 09:01 AM
with the "barn find" I see it has the "trafficator" switch in the middle of the steering wheel.... where would I get one of these? (and also the "trafficator blocks" for the windshield?
I saw some for sale just recently. New old stock. I think it was ebay UK.

bobslandies
20th August 2010, 09:12 AM

On 80" and early 86"/107" vehicles the switch on the steering wheel is the high/low headlight dip switch. Later the dip switch was located on the floor.

On 80" the trafficator switch is fitted firstly offset near the windscreen wiper depending on whether it is RHD or LHD then in late 1949 universally in the centre of the windscreen. Trafficator blocks are only fitted as standard to 80" vehicles from about 1948 Vehicle No 860750. They allow the trafficator to be mounted vertically.

Later Series 1s have either a bracket bolted to the side of the steering column or on a panel beside the instrument panel for the trafficator switch. They also have a bent sheet metal bracket for the trafficators.

None of them are cheap! As Mick has said eBay is your friend. Blinkers are more recognisable to other road users and less likely to get damaged or stolen.

Bob

digger
20th August 2010, 09:21 AM
On 80" and early 86"/107" vehicles the switch on the steering wheel is the high/low headlight dip switch. Later the dip switch was located on the floor.

On 80" the trafficator switch is fitted firstly offset near the windscreen wiper depending on whether it is RHD or LHD then in late 1949 universally in the centre of the windscreen. Trafficator blocks are only fitted as standard to 80" vehicles from about 1948 Vehicle No 860750. They allow the trafficator to be mounted vertically.

Later Series 1s have either a bracket bolted to the side of the steering column or on a panel beside the instrument panel for the trafficator switch. They also have a bent sheet metal bracket for the trafficators.

None of them are cheap! As Mick has said eBay is your friend. Blinkers are more recognisable to other road users and less likely to get damaged or stolen.

Bob

thanks but I have on full "box" set of trafficators (100's I think) and a pair of I think old ford trafficators (no box- TEX brand) so Id like to put them on screen of "juan" (and may also fit some sort of rear indicator at least)

the se100's are 12v so OK, the TEX's are 6v so more hassle!

I was looking for something to do blinkers etc with as the horn arm is where the magnatex would normally go, my father says that he recalls just a plain 3 way toggle switch on the horn arm was apparently common.

bobslandies
20th August 2010, 09:54 AM
thanks but I have on full "box" set of trafficators (100's I think) and a pair of I think old ford trafficators (no box- TEX brand) so Id like to put them on screen of "juan" (and may also fit some sort of rear indicator at least)

the se100's are 12v so OK, the TEX's are 6v so more hassle!

I was looking for something to do blinkers etc with as the horn arm is where the magnatex would normally go, my father says that he recalls just a plain 3 way toggle switch on the horn arm was apparently common.

I have seen that with the three way switch mounted on an angle off the end of the horn bracket and also the horn bracket flipped to the other side of the column so that the magnatex or other cancelling blinker switches were fitted on the opposite side.

Some other vehicles had trafficator switches on the steering wheel. This requires a hollow steering column (as fitted to 80" and early 86"/107") so the wires can go through the turning wheel. Some off-steering wheel car trafficator switches are also self-cancelling by timer or vacuum.

A fairly simple angle bracket made so that the SE100 trafficator is vertical can be mounted to the side of the Land Rover windscreen. You don't need the blocks - they were for the SE62 trafficators on 80" windscreens, although I have see some SE100s with adapted brackets fitted.

Bob

series1buff
21st September 2010, 11:58 AM
Land Rover Series I 80 inch 1951 - eBay, Other Cars, Bikes, Boats, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 21-Sep-10 18:10:49 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-80-inch-1951-/230526052300?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item35ac6c67cc)

looks to be OK, but if you look closer , it's not as good as you think.

Home made doors

Painted silver cappings

Bodywork is dimpled

Front bumber looks weird , wrong mounts ?

Good starter but you'd have heaps to do on it .

123rover50
21st September 2010, 04:42 PM
Apparently its got the early sideplate engine. Worth buying for that, swap for later engine and sell it.

Landy Smurf
22nd September 2010, 07:13 PM
Land Rover Series 1 109" Ute - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 29-Sep-10 19:35:47 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-1-109-Ute-/270638668945?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3f03525c91)

Lost Landy
17th October 2010, 05:25 PM
I found this series 1 on ebay the seller claims that its a 88" station wagon but doesnt list a chassis number and it doesnt "look right" why i think that is the body is painted green, spare wheel mount in rear tub, no indercater switch thats fitted to the RH side if instrements & rear seats are the wrong type, the correct rear seats should be a set of 4 indvidusal seats not 2 large ones! Any ways heres the add Land Rover Series One Station Wagon 88" - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 24-Oct-10 13:17:01 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-One-Station-Wagon-88-/140466818146?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item20b4798c62)

123rover50
17th October 2010, 05:35 PM
Its got lower tailgate fixing chains too.

101RRS
17th October 2010, 06:21 PM
This is a hard one as there is nothing in chassis numbers that identify station wagons.

Most of the issues I noticed have already been picked up. Main issue is body colour - most unlikely to be bronze green but I have seen a restored 86 inn Vic that is this colour. I could accept grey or at a pinch teal blue.

Has a station wagon badge on the front - top seems the real thing but I cannot gauge the back door - yes the rear chains should not be there. There is no indication that the indicator switch panel has ever been there. Rear seats are not there but after 50 years these could have been changed.

In an other tread we have been discussing hardtop colour - have come to the conclusion it should be the same colour as the body and only the tropical should be white - however having said that my hardtop is white all over.

There are no pics of the the cab trim which would gave given the real clues.

I have asked the seller to provide more pics.

On balance - I do not think it is a genuine station wagon - but you never know - it also has floating rear axles.

Garry

Lost Landy
17th October 2010, 08:28 PM
I think most if not all series 1s built in 1958 had fully floating axles, as my old 1958 88" soft top had them :D

101RRS
17th October 2010, 08:49 PM
I thought it was only the 109s but I bow to superior knowledge on such things.

Lost Landy
17th October 2010, 09:34 PM
Hi all, ill let those who maybe interested that iam selling one of my landys its a 1953 80" with factory fitted full hardtop any ways heres the link if you want to have a look Land Rover series 1 1953 80" project restoration - eBay 1940 - 1970, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 24-Oct-10 21:15:06 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230539412544)

The reason iam selling it as I have just to many projects on the go!

101RRS
18th October 2010, 06:13 PM
There are no pics of the the cab trim which would gave given the real clues.

The seller has put up more pics - it has the door trims but these were available on truck cabs fitted with deluxe trim.

101RRS
18th October 2010, 09:08 PM
My thoughts are that it is a basic 88 that has had a SW hardtop and SW front doors added.

It would nice if I was wrong though.

Whoever buys it needs to be 100% sure of what exactly they are buying.

Lost Landy
18th October 2010, 10:16 PM
I would tend to agree on that idea :D

101RRS
19th October 2010, 11:56 AM
Bids now up to $2000 so I guess the bidders do not know what they are buying - the ad also indicates it has a 2.25 engine as well.

Lost Landy
19th October 2010, 12:44 PM
Bids now up to $2000 so I guess the bidders do not know what they are buying - the ad also indicates it has a 2.25 engine as well.

Yeah i noticed that and theres no under bonnet photos either :o

19th October 2010, 02:31 PM
There are certainly many points which make this wagon hard to clarify as the real thing.

Obviously the roof looks genuine as does the rear tailgate upper and lower. The galvanised brackets on the rear of the tub for mounting the door also appear correct. However,

On a close up of the rear of the tub where half of the badge is visable there are no holes below for the wagon badge.

As noted before it has spare mount in tub, the bracket for this and the tabs for the tailgate locking pins were still included on wagons so perhaps the chains and spare holder itself are later additions.

The side facing rear seats are incorrect and in the close up the holes for the bracket which holds the two seats are not there.

The interior of the tub looks like the original green.

All of these suggest the tub is not station wagon.

Furthermore, many of the other interior panels such as the seatbox, transmission tunnel, bulkhead and passenger side door top appear to all be in their original bronze green.

The blue door cards and blue seats would perhaps suggest wagon rather than ute as grey was much more common on the utes deluxe trim in my understaning.

The drivers side door top (grey) is of the later type with the thin channel underneath the window whilst the passenger side is of the thicker, earlier type. Perhaps this door could be classed as being from the wagon as it's trim seems to cover both door top and bottom unlike passenger side.

Just my thoughts, hope i havent offended anyone with my ramblings, certainly an interesting vehicle, would be great to view in person or to see more pics as these are only guesses.

Cheers.

101RRS
19th October 2010, 03:32 PM
Your thoughts line up with most others who have commented.

However the rear of my SW does not have the rear SW plaque OR THE HOLES for it. The more I am researching swb station wagons the more I am coming to the opinion that ours were a little different to the UK versions. Eg I have a white hardtop not a body coloured one, the lack or the rear station wagon badge, twin wipers as standard - optional in the UK, optional heaters in Aust - mine has never had a heater in it.

Why oh why didn't landrover keep track of chassis numbers that were being allocated as station wagons - would be a lot easier to verify vehicles

101RRS
23rd October 2010, 05:33 PM
This listing has been pulled and all bids cleared 24 hours before it was due to end.

Lost Landy
23rd October 2010, 06:56 PM
Hmmmmmm me thinks there was a cash buyer involved in the auction ending early?

digger
25th October 2010, 11:06 PM
Land Rover (4x4) 1960-1973 SWB (eBay item 260683049266 end time 04-Nov-10 21:01:56 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260683049266&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123)

only a couple hours from me....
its a roughie but calvin says...

CalVIN, the Land Rover VIN CALculator

1 Type: Land Rover
7 Model: Land Rover Series I
0 Destination: Right-hand drive (RHD), home market
6 Service period: Late 1955 for service
01674 Serial number
note This VIN is also applicable to a 1956 Series II 109 Station Wagon

muz22z
26th October 2010, 08:17 PM
Ex Snowy 1957 on eBay

Land Rover Series 1 SWB Ex Snowy Mountains NO RUST (eBay item 320608900168 end time 02-Nov-10 20:53:40 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-Series-1-SWB-Ex-Snowy-Mountains-NO-RUST-/320608900168?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4aa5c79448)

ERASER
7th November 2010, 09:27 PM
2 litre siamese bore motor

Land Rover series 1 2 litre motor (eBay item 230547770649 end time 14-Nov-10 22:04:54 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-series-1-2-litre-motor-/230547770649?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35adb7cd19#ht_500wt_1156)

Lost Landy
7th November 2010, 10:10 PM
Thats my add lolz its a sweet little motor too.

Tote
30th November 2010, 06:11 PM
a pair of 1955 86"

LAND ROVER Series 1 1955 86 inch 4X4 ute (eBay item 270671793547 end time 09-Dec-10 15:38:02 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270671793547&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123)

Regards,
Tote

lenmctodd
6th January 2011, 09:20 AM
landrover 4wd (eBay item 160526780129 end time 08-Jan-11 17:47:09 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/landrover-4wd-/160526780129?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25602446e1)

look atthis old gil. hopefully go to a good hom,e. dont want tom the pom to by and sell for england

len

bayrover
6th January 2011, 07:00 PM
I think this one is safe Len
Best New Year

andy_d110
7th January 2011, 03:39 PM
landrover 4wd (eBay item 160526780129 end time 08-Jan-11 17:47:09 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/landrover-4wd-/160526780129?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25602446e1)

look atthis old gil. hopefully go to a good hom,e. dont want tom the pom to by and sell for england

len

If it does get sent to England to a new owner wouldn't that be better than it sitting in the bush rottting and slowly dying? :confused: Is Tom the Pom over here at the moment? I thought he was only sending back 1948 models that people didnt want ...... ;)

Andy

101RRS
7th January 2011, 08:31 PM
The pros and cons and everyone's views on selling our early landies to overseas buyers has been done to death on this forum. A search will show up all the different points of view and and thoughts on individuals.

Garry

Ratel10mm
14th January 2011, 07:55 PM
Just seen this. Tempting if it goes for under 1K, but blocked fuel filter? Looks quite clean inside considering the age?
(1986) 4D Wagon 5 SP Manual (3.5L - Electronic F/INJ) (eBay item 150543348677 end time 14-Jan-11 21:29:24 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150543348677&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:AU:1123)
Not much time left, sorry.

101RRS
14th January 2011, 08:58 PM
You put this in the wrong section - that ain't a Series 1 Landie. About 30 years too young.

Garry

Ratel10mm
14th January 2011, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I thought I'd put it in the general fleabay finds thread. Being a newbie I didn't notice there were specialised threads too. :oops2:

Landy Smurf
15th January 2011, 12:01 AM
this would be good to look at if only i had the defender to go and look.
Modified Landrover Super Cab with Holden 202 red motor (eBay item 140500765363 end time 24-Jan-11 20:38:27 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Modified-Landrover-Super-Cab-with-Holden-202-red-motor_W0QQitemZ140500765363QQcategoryZ130628QQcmdZ ViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%2 6itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid% 3D6362810832571693670)

Mick_Marsh
15th January 2011, 08:59 AM
this would be good to look at if only i had the defender to go and look.
Modified Landrover Super Cab with Holden 202 red motor (eBay item 140500765363 end time 24-Jan-11 20:38:27 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Modified-Landrover-Super-Cab-with-Holden-202-red-motor_W0QQitemZ140500765363QQcategoryZ130628QQcmdZ ViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%2 6itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid% 3D6362810832571693670)
Yetch!

Lost Landy
15th January 2011, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=schmierer LR at singleton;1406664]this would be good to look at if only i had the defender to go and look.
Modified Landrover Super Cab with Holden 202 red motor (eBay item 140500765363 end time 24-Jan-11 20:38:27 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Modified-Landrover-Super-Cab-with-Holden-202-red-motor_W0QQitemZ140500765363QQcategoryZ130628QQcmdZ ViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%2 6itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid% 3D6362810832571693670)[/QUOT

looks like an abomanation, personaly i say its would be a good vehicle to part out :D

Landy Smurf
15th January 2011, 03:23 PM
my first thoughts was oh is that still a good tub on it

Marshall
27th January 2011, 03:21 PM
Saw this little puppy...
Land Rover 1952 Series One (eBay item 260726910320 end time 31-Jan-11 20:23:13 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Land-Rover-1952-Series-One-/260726910320?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3cb488ed70)

Tote
5th February 2011, 11:21 AM
A Collection of Series 1 Grilles,
1948 / 49 Series 1 (from 80”)

2. 1950 Series 1 (from 80”)

3. 1951 / 52 Series 1 (from 80”) – inverted T

4. 1954 / 55 Series 1 (from 107”) – inverted T

Land Rover Series 1 Grilles - 1948 to 1955 (eBay item 180621350255 end time 14-Feb-11 21:26:10 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180621350255&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123)

Regards,
Tote

series1buff
19th May 2011, 08:32 AM
These are a high wear item on series 1 motors . And cost a small fortune to get reconditioned- refaced. These are about half price compared to the other UK vendors

LAND ROVER SERIES I EXHAUST VALVE ROCKER RH 239546 NOS on eBay (end time 30-May-11 21:46:51 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250812808661&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123)

Mike

back_in
20th May 2011, 08:36 AM
Hi
how many do you want?
cheers
Ian

LRO53
19th August 2011, 05:12 AM
Nice vehicle, Not local tho.

Land rover series 1 long wheel base, 109" | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-rover-series-1-long-wheel-base-109-/330602665812?_trksid=p5197.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.OPJS%26itu%3DI%252BUA%26otn%3 D10%26pmod%3D200641513129%252B130561990939%252B120 763694195%26po%3DLWI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D214176334 9526830111)