PDA

View Full Version : Jumbuck round bbq

5teve
4th October 2007, 09:00 PM
Hi Guys

just a quickie, we bought a small jumbuck round BBQ to take on short camping trips as you can throw lots of food on and they heat well, anyway long and short of it is that i stupidly bought a 3.7kg bottle of gas and it has the 'normal' female threaded valve on however this BBQ has a 3/8" female rotating nut end with a male insert (with oring) obviously the 2 dont meet up, the instructions mention not to use adaptors, and the bbq doesnt use a regulator (im guessing thats done in the pipe)

can i use an adaptor safely? where the hell do i get one at short notice!

Thanks as per usual in advance

Steve

Blknight.aus
4th October 2007, 09:10 PM
simple hit up a gas fitter and have him cut the end off of it and put the right type on.

you can use an adaptor but you have to make sure that its all sealed up correctly.

I have a similar BBQ that we got for nearly nix at a garage sale it came with a blue bottle that lasted about 3 fry ups in wodonga and I bodged the right fittingon the end and hose clamped it. ITs strictly the workshop BBQ for now and runs on the same gas bottle as my blowtorch.

Disco Steve
4th October 2007, 09:42 PM
I have the same BBQ and just went to bunnings and made up an adaptor. cost about $6:p
As said just make sure it seals up ok.

5teve
4th October 2007, 09:48 PM
cool so something like This (http://www.caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30_233&products_id=4331&osCsid=b8ac3f556f54a2bbb5c3dd8342ebf1fd) should do the trick? hmm gonna have to find this local

Thanks guys as per usual :D

Steve

Blknight.aus
4th October 2007, 09:52 PM
thats the ticket

BCF stores carry them as do most good camping/caravaning stores.

If you can I would advice getting a gasfuse to screw into the bottle then setting up the adaptor after that... ( I havent but then Mine is never used around other people well not yet anyway)

Disco Steve
4th October 2007, 09:57 PM
Thats what Ive used for 2yrs. If you go into any camping store/Bunnings they should have them. Take the fittings with you just to be sure.

5teve
9th October 2007, 01:37 PM
once again guys thanks for that... worked a treat over the weekend and as a bonus was only 6 bucks! :D

Steve