PDA

View Full Version : 4BD1 'australian supplement' manual?

EchiDna
18th October 2007, 06:17 PM
Hi all,
I've heard of the fabled "australian supplement" for the Isuzu powered 110's - but does anyone here own a copy? is it the Isuzu engine manual? or something else?

any other info on manuals and/or documents related to the 4BD1 era 110's also welcome!

I did ask Inc months ago by PM about what's on his version of the rave discs, and unfortunately there is nothing related to the 4BD1 and/or the australian supplement...

I personally own hard copies of the following:
1984-1988 110 vehicle manual (including engines in other regions)
Haynes 90/110 manual (pre defender)
Isuzu 4BD1/t engine manual

Bigbjorn
18th October 2007, 06:32 PM
It is the Owner's Handbook for the Australian product. I got both THe UK and Oz ones with mine. The workshop manuals are readily available. I got mine from Motorbooks, Sydney. These are the Ninety OneTen Workshop Manual by Bookworks Pty Ltd, about 1 1/2" thick, and the Isuzu Motors Ltd. Workshop Manual Diesel Engine 4BD1 Models 3.9 litre and the Isuzu Motors Ltd. Service Manual Injection Pump, which covers the 4BD1and a host of others. Zenith Engineering in Brisbane also produce a workshop manual for the 4 & 6BD series industrial engines.

JDNSW
18th October 2007, 07:11 PM
I have the Australian Supplement as well as the UK owners' manual. As Brian says, it covers differences from information in the UK manual for Australian models including the Isuzu and the 6x6.

I also have the Workshop manual SLR621ENWM (1989) and the Haynes manual - neither of which cover the Isuzu of course (and neither are anywhere near as good as the Series manuals!) plus Isuzu manual P/N IDE2140 1986 covering 4BD1, 4BD1-T (for automotive use).

John

EchiDna
18th October 2007, 10:17 PM
cheers guys,

Thoughts on putting together a vehicle specific library like the ACCO boys are?
I've had a good look and there is no copyright listed on the Isuzu part number IDE2140 manual I have...

Phoenix
19th October 2007, 07:44 AM
I do have an electronic copy of IDE2140 (The 4BD1 and 4BD1-T engine workshop manual) if that is of some use to you guys, 58 MB all up.

OLR-067
19th October 2007, 08:43 AM
here's a pic of the front cover of the one we are talking about...

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2007/10/244.jpg

cheers
Paul

Phoenix
19th October 2007, 09:47 AM
Actually I have a 110 owner manual at home, i'll have to check what that has in it.

EchiDna
19th October 2007, 10:17 AM
hmm thanks for the photo Paul... has it ever even been read :)

well that's a gap in my little collection, plus the injector service manual Brian has...
I've got electronic versions of all the others and/or hard copies

maybe we could get inc a copy of em all for addition to the next version of the defender rave cd? watcha all think of that idea?

Bush65
19th October 2007, 08:38 PM
I have IDE2140, and the injection pump service manual.

incisor
17th July 2008, 08:57 AM
Does anyone have a scan or pdf version of the Australian Owners Supplement?

or know where they can be obtained?

paper versions the iszuzu engine manual and injection pump manuals can be bought here (http://shop.importdriver.com.au/store/products/category131.inetstore) at a pretty reasonable price.

JDNSW
17th July 2008, 11:00 AM
Does anyone have a scan or pdf version of the Australian Owners Supplement?

or know where they can be obtained?

paper versions the iszuzu engine manual and injection pump manuals can be bought here (http://shop.importdriver.com.au/store/products/category131.inetstore) at a pretty reasonable price.

If you wish I should be able to scan it next week.

John

incisor
17th July 2008, 11:16 AM
thanks john.. pm sent

isuzurover
17th July 2008, 04:29 PM
I have the supplement, but the idiot PO has been through mine with a black pen and a ruler, and crossed out all the V8 and 4spd info (anything not applicable to mine). I would appreciate a pdf of a "clean" one.

Blknight.aus
17th July 2008, 05:30 PM
Ive got an old copy of the EMEIs for the perentie that I got from a civvy contractor when he went bust, Im happy to provide the relevent sections from that if its wanted, I can also break out the other major subsections if they are also wanted...

(ID rather give it to someone who has a decent scanner and software for doing it)