PDA

View Full Version : What a week for a 52 year old.

Disco Rover
4th November 2007, 08:31 PM
What a week for a 52 year old.

I knew something was up when CK started sorting things out a while ago, moving us around and taking pictures of the bits as well as me and my mate the welder.
Sure enough bits started disappearing, the welder went to a shed (we two were not allowed to stay in the same shed as the you beaut - better than new Series 2 and the better than beaut Series 1 80” with all the goodies) then CK got a Series 3 Wagon, very tidy. There was something up all right.

Saturday morning just gone I was minding my own business when a Discovery with a car trailer came into the yard. This bloke and CK started removing my door tops and my hard top, something was for sure up! I was now getting wet it was raining.

Then there I was before breakfast, in the wet, on a trailer and leaving home, see ya CK it was good, The Disco had these funny plates saying QLD on it, I’ve been in NSW for years what’s this QLD lark.

Well 14 and half hours later I am now in Maryborough QLD, a well earned rest and next morning its sunny!. Love you QLD (It was scary travelling so fast on the open road behind this Tdi thing never gone that fast before in my life) It was so good getting the wheels back on the ground again and meeting the new family (I had already met the Discovery) and there was this big 130 thing as well, another Tdi Diesel? What’s wrong with petrol!.

My plate and spring hanger have the numbers 57662045 which this guy thinks means I was built in 1955, my motor is marked 57119388 which I am told is also 1955 but it may have been changed and I have a heart of Gold well maybe a Repco gold exchange??

I am pretty straight only a few dents and dings (I have got an 80” passengers mudguard but that’s another story) lots of surface rust but no nasty bits, my firewall is great as are my outriggers (except the bent up drivers rear corner) I have good tyres and wheels but I have lost my spare in some paddock somewhere. This paddock is probably where they left my air cleaner too darn careless is what I say. From the writing on my side I lived at Moree on ‘Berilee” with the Coulton’s for a while.

I need help though, my brakes are simply gone in a big way from one end to the other, I think I have a gearbox gremlin (can’t get third or fourth and the box is hiding under two inches of muck and doesn’t want to come out and play. Oil is clean though) I have a few shonky wires but nobody has been playing around with what’s there and some one has taken my dip switch, really!, I have a piece of wood for a starting button, all my side lights are gone and my seats are half there. All in all not too bad for 52 years down under on the farm.

I have been told I will be getting a little cosmetic surgery as well as my bits and bobs adjusted, fixed or replaced. I am looking foreword to living in QLD it’s been good so far.

See ya soon as things happen.

Outlaw
4th November 2007, 09:35 PM
Welcome to QLD :D

Disco Rover
4th November 2007, 09:53 PM
It looks pretty good eh? for a 52 yrs old :D;)[/QUOTE]

Much as I did last year.

NM There would be much to do to get it done in time, some would depend on locating bits like the guard and air cleaner in a suitable time frame. However it is a thought and a goal.