PDA

View Full Version : Roof rails?

justinc
15th December 2007, 04:04 PM
Howdy all,

I have a customer with a TdV6 S and he has no roofrack rails. The trim comes up to reveal some small threaded fittings filled with plastic blanking grommets. Are these where the LR rails mount? And are there any other methods? I like GGHaggis's idea of bolting down a channel and fitting the Rola type racks. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

JC

Yoorek
16th December 2007, 07:08 AM
Howdy all,

I have a customer with a TdV6 S and he has no roofrack rails. The trim comes up to reveal some small threaded fittings filled with plastic blanking grommets. Are these where the LR rails mount? And are there any other methods? I like GGHaggis's idea of bolting down a channel and fitting the Rola type racks. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

JC
Yess, in order to mount orginall railings you have to unscrew those grommest, CUT trim(alluminium inside) 1525mm from back, fit front cut trim again, next railings behind them (rainlings are only on the higher part of roof). Railings are mountes with screws (6mm) in holes in which were plastinc gromets.
What consides "alternatives" I've found one German "foots" which could be fitted without raliling it's not designed orginally for LR but should work.
regards
JB

Jamo
16th December 2007, 05:05 PM
I've got frontrunner rails on mine, to suit my frontrunner (OL Rackmaster)roofrack.

I believe rhino also does rails.

justinc
16th December 2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks all, I'll have a squiz during the week ahead, IF I have time! This is a crazy time of the year for us LR mechs!! Everyone is going on trips but me:dbcry:

JC

talltales
11th January 2008, 05:36 PM
I bolted Rhino tracks to the M6 mounting points then fitted Rhino adjustable racks to the track. Works great for around $250 instread of $1300 for LR originals.

cockie55
11th January 2008, 07:13 PM
Go to Discoweb / Technical / Roof Rail Removal...earlier Disco but same principle in reverse

discoweb.org -- (http://www.discoweb.org/)

I would give up a left one for one of these Safety Devices racks if I could find one in Oz

peterpam
1st February 2008, 05:12 PM
These are not the mounts. You need to get the tracks fitted. LR have them but it's heaps cheaper to go to someone like ARB who have an after market product. I did just that and had a two bar Rhino rack fitted for a total of $480 including the tracks.
Peter

gghaggis
2nd February 2008, 02:08 AM
If you simply use the std Rola rails (about $20/m), with some alloy U channel underneath, you can fit the Rola bars and the half-length Rola Vortex rack, which is pretty :cool:

A lot cheaper than any other alternative, if you don't have the rails already fitted.

Cheers,

Gordon