PDA

View Full Version : Finally,we're Off tomorrow!!

justinc
2nd January 2008, 08:14 PM
We have the plane tickets, we have the Boat tickets home, we have the hire car, we have NO children for 3 days:D....

and....

We're off to relieve Tony of his LSE tomorrow morning!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yayyy!!!!!!

(I must mention, Tony has been VERY patient with my saga in getting to this point, and organised some bits and pieces for us today at short notice, A BIG thanks. )

JC

DeeJay
2nd January 2008, 09:22 PM
Good luck Justin,
Dont forget the Pics...:)
David

rovercare
2nd January 2008, 09:25 PM
*cough*, been storing your gearbag for 1 year, 3 months and don't even get a mention *cough*:mad:

:p

Defender=1st
2nd January 2008, 10:02 PM
Have a great trip mate... look forward to checking it out when you get back.
Regards Heads

justinc
6th January 2008, 10:42 AM
And now we're back!!

Sorry Matt, I hadn't forgotten about you're storage of the 'box. Thanks heaps for being patient and tripping over it continually! I wish we had more time to take a look at your RR and the 120:( I will have to come over sometime and take a look/ weekend drive etc.:)

LSE went well, ALMOST tempted to keep it V8 still, as the fuel consumption on a long run was reasonable. About 19mpg.(15l/100k):)
After its new springs and shocks, a 2" body lift, 235/85 ST's off the other RR,the winch and bar,a hoodlining and some minor tweaks it'll be track ready for the other half to use. (She gets the winch, so I can go in first:twisted:)

When the V8 engine actually gets sold (read PAID FOR) it'll get the Tdi transplant. Hopefully make it a project/ tutorial type of job as I have a decent Digital camera now.

Now the work begins...:cool: Yeehaaa.

JC

timaus13
6th January 2008, 04:42 PM
Welcome home Justin good news on your new vehicle, looking forward to doing a run with u both, Carlos and I had a good run on the East West track yesterday and are both looking forward too doing it again with u guys along.
Shall drop down and visit in the next week or too as I am looking for a roof rack for rover.
take care talk soon.
cheers.
PS are u posting some pics of the new vehicle?

rovercare
6th January 2008, 04:44 PM
PS are u posting some pics of the new vehicle?

How about posting pics of the old one first:D