PDA

View Full Version : TDV6 - Suspension Lift

chuck
8th January 2008, 09:57 PM
Does anyone know of Coil sprung TDV6 S models being lifted?
If so;
1. what height?
2. what poundage springs?
3. original spring lengths v lifted spring lengths?
4. suppliers/

I am considering a new D3 next year & I would like to fit bar, winch etc.
Do the D3 TDV6 S models have a version of terrain response?
And to be honest this model probably better suits my budget.
I am iterested in hearing different opinions on this matter.

Thanks

Chuck

Jamo
8th January 2008, 11:41 PM
There are some who have used King Springs for a 50-75mm lift.

Coil Sprung = No Terrain Response.

WhiteD3
9th January 2008, 06:42 AM
Decisions, decisions.

You'll get the V6SE with TR and air suspension for a few grand cheaper than the TDV6S, or you can find another 12-14k for the diesel SE.

There is a thread somewhere on here from someone down south who put a front bar on a coil sprung S and had to change the front springs to hold the front up.

Bushwanderer
9th January 2008, 01:27 PM
Decisions, decisions.

You'll get the V6SE with TR and air suspension for a few grand cheaper than the TDV6S, or you can find another 12-14k for the diesel SE.

There is a thread somewhere on here from someone down south who put a front bar on a coil sprung S and had to change the front springs to hold the front up.

I have fitted the ARB "Deluxe" steel bar to my coil-sprung D3 and have not noticed any change in attitude (of the car :D). However, it may well be different with a winch fitted.

BigJon
9th January 2008, 01:59 PM
One of our customers has pedders springs fitted for 40 - 50 mm lift. This was to try to maintain ride height with a heavy load.

Your other option is to specify TR when ordering new. The option is worth about $3000 from memory.

talltales
11th January 2008, 04:12 PM
Hello I have a 2005 Disco 3 TDV6 S with Coils and had Pedders fit new springs with a 50mm lift from normal settings. These have been on for a year now and work well. I now need a good set of Shocks. I have also fitted an ARB front bar and found no sag at all in the front suspension. Great bar and helps with forward clearance.