PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Pressure

The ho har's
17th January 2008, 09:22 PM
what is the lowest tyre pressure for tube tyre on a 130 DEFENDER for beach work :)

Blknight.aus
17th January 2008, 10:18 PM
Ive gone down to 4psi......

but that was on a mil 110... same size rim and rubber tho...

got to be really careful with the loud pedal at those pressures...

in a tubeless tyre it will just spin the rubber on the rim when that happens with a tube say bye bye to your valve.

as a general rule I drop to 15 then 12 and after that its a risk assesment on going lower, IF its a dead straight shot out that should be manageable without too much noisy pedal if I get enough floatation I'll go lower...

hiline
17th January 2008, 11:02 PM
when i was at Robe a few yrs back now

i think in my 130 i ran around 15-20 psi didn't want to go any lower
cause i had a fair bit of weight onboard

gaz
14th February 2010, 08:09 PM
what is the lowest tyre pressure for tube tyre on a 130 DEFENDER for beach work :)

We have just about finished our 2005 130 project in readiness for trip around Australia, we have a slide on camper from Piggy Back campers which adds approx 900 kgs loaded, we have the new wrangler mud terrain kevlar tyres LT265/75R16 , what tyre pressures would you recommend for sand running, we live near a beach where we can practice, just need a starting reference!!. I know the rules and will certainly post pics, just need to make sure we thank everyone as we have been members for over a year and have taken on much advice given by members in this forum. Still need to do suspension, sell house, buy town house and we are off.

Blknight.aus
14th February 2010, 08:39 PM
start at 25ish psi rear and 20 front.

Id be hesitant at going lower than 15/10 rear/front if you are on tubeless. so keep that as your emergancy pressure.