PDA

View Full Version : Cargo space

GemmyDisco
28th January 2008, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone.
I need some help.
After years of lusting after a discovery we were due to pick her up on Australia day. However the floods intervened and we are now picking up the following Saturday.
My question is. If I fold the rear seats down, how long is the cargo space in the Discovery 1. Its a 97 (Vin code suggests 98) 300tdi and a beautiful blue.
It seems the handbrake has bought a deep freeze and it's a pick up in Brisbane and I am really hoping not to take the trailer down so the Landy's first job will be to bring the darn thing 1000km home.
;)

The deep freeze is 1.37m in its longest dimension
Will it fit?

Martyn

Chucaro
28th January 2008, 04:00 PM
Hi everyone.
I need some help.
After years of lusting after a discovery we were due to pick her up on Australia day. However the floods intervened and we are now picking up the following Saturday.
My question is. If I fold the rear seats down, how long is the cargo space in the Discovery 1. Its a 97 (Vin code suggests 98) 300tdi and a beautiful blue.
It seems the handbrake has bought a deep freeze and it's a pick up in Brisbane and I am really hoping not to take the trailer down so the Landy's first job will be to bring the darn thing 1000km home.
;)

The deep freeze is 1.37m in its longest dimension
Will it fit?

Martyn

Martyn I have difficulties to measuring correctly because the cargo barrier and the rear storage unit fitted in my 1998 Disco, but I can telling you that if you are lucky is going to be a very close fit :(

If I was you, I take the trailer for your pace of mind.
Cheers

harry
28th January 2008, 04:33 PM
er' i just measured my d1 and it won't fit.
however it will fit if you unbolt the rear seats.
as the rear seats are different widths, you might get away with just popping one out.

GemmyDisco
28th January 2008, 06:58 PM
Martyn I have difficulties to measuring correctly because the cargo barrier and the rear storage unit fitted in my 1998 Disco, but I can telling you that if you are lucky is going to be a very close fit :(

If I was you, I take the trailer for your pace of mind.
Cheers

My new Discovery is the twin of yours.
Thank you for the tip.
I might just put the trailer on for "peace of mind".
Its just the hassle of 2000km with a trailer on.

GemmyDisco
28th January 2008, 07:01 PM
er' i just measured my d1 and it won't fit.
however it will fit if you unbolt the rear seats.
as the rear seats are different widths, you might get away with just popping one out.

Thanks Harry
I think I'll take the trailer just in case.
At least the Disco wont have any problems pulling it.

GemmyDisco
29th January 2008, 10:43 PM
So does anyone have a measurement?

Cheers
Martyn