PDA

View Full Version : Freelander WMIK

Ben
29th January 2008, 05:46 PM
This mod should silence elitist Landy and Rangy snobs :)
(WMIK = Weapon-Mounted Installation Kit)

http://www.aulro.com/afvb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6476

From: BBC NEWS | In Pictures | In Pictures: Grand Challenge (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/in_pictures/6924112.stm)

dobbo
29th January 2008, 05:48 PM
It's driving on bitumen though.

100I
29th January 2008, 05:48 PM
yes sir

Blknight.aus
29th January 2008, 07:37 PM
yawn been there done that...

I'll see you your 12.7mm AA gun and raise you 106mm.

Aaron
29th January 2008, 10:55 PM
yawn been there done that...

I'll see you your 12.7mm AA gun and raise you 106mm.

Ill see your 106mm and raise you Nissan 3.0l TD.

Ausfree
13th October 2009, 04:22 PM
I luv it
I am new to the forum and seeing this is great. Would give a new meaning to blowing somebody off at the traffic lights. Better still you can say to the Disco and Rangy snobs "Thats not a 4x4, THIS is a 4x4!!!. Stick it up em for picking on us nice Freelander Friendly F:twisted:lk!:wasntme:

PaulP38a
15th October 2009, 01:43 AM
As an elitist Rangie snob who has owned that model Freebie, and currently has another Freebie in the "fleet", I resemble that sentiment :D

Obviously that is a fixed light artillery emplacement... the early Freebies wouldn't have the grunt to be mobile with something like that on their roof :wasntme:, certainly not if they had any crew and ammo on board. It would need to be towed by a "real" Landie...

And if that fashion accessory was ever fired, the poor little Hippo would be resting on it's side mirrors from the recoil and spill the cafe latte all over the driver's Country Road apparel :eek:

Let the flaming begin :p

Cheers, Paul.

Ausfree
15th October 2009, 09:07 AM
All in jest good buddy, all in jest but I Luv it when I throw out a line and catch something.:twisted:
But seriously, you are right the gun looks like an Oerlikon 20mm light anti aircraft weapon used during WW2. If you fired that thing on ANY light vehicle it would bounce all over the place or, as we used to say, "not a stable platform".( I am an old Bofors 40mm gun number so I have a fair idea of the recoil of these things).

It was probably set up in the FL specially for the photo me thinks.
Any way, peace brother and I hope you are happy with your fleet of Landies. Oh by the way, do you know how to get the plastic strips off from around the back door of a four door FL1 without breaking them?
Cheers good buddy.:beer:

101RRS
15th October 2009, 11:31 AM
Oh by the way, do you know how to get the plastic strips off from around the back door of a four door FL1 without breaking them?

The leak also comes from inside the rear door at the bottom.

Garry

Ausfree
15th October 2009, 03:44 PM
G'Day Garrycol,

Thanks for your input, but the problem is I want to treat the corrosion under the plastic strip running across the top of the back door and there is plenty of threads saying what to do after you remove them and one thread even says be careful because you could damage the plastic strips trying to remove them.
Input please.
Thanks to all. Ausfree.:TakeABow: