PDA

View Full Version : New car time D3

HSVRangie
6th February 2008, 10:56 AM
Looks like it will be a D3 SE V6 petrol.

work has agreed so lease will be had very soon.
bye bye Liberty 3R been a good car.

cant find one with a diff lock so will do with out.

car will be for general touring and DD nothing to extreme have the RR for that.

thinking about having a kaymar rear bar and long range tank fitted, along with g/grabber AT2s.

best deal is looking like Masaro motors.

MIchael.

feral
6th February 2008, 12:57 PM
Well done Michael.

It is going to be a toss up for me as well with the diesel v's petrol. I keep my cars longer than 5 years so its a little hard to equalize the extra $12,000 just to go diesel.

Watch out and do your research for the Kaymar bar. One D3 has had fitment problems and its all a mess at the moment. One suggestion was that the body has been mis-positioned during manufacture....figure that one out :eek:

HSVRangie
6th February 2008, 01:06 PM
yes I read that tail.
I'm inclined to think that was dodgy fitting.

but stranger things have happened.

yes hard to justify the extra $ for the TD pity the V8 only in the HSE. :D

Michael.

WhiteD3
6th February 2008, 02:16 PM
If you work for a largish company, hit LR for their corporate deal. You'll get free servicing for 3 years. I did this in March last year when I got mine.

HSVRangie
6th February 2008, 02:21 PM
Tried that L/R wont come to the party. ;)

we not big enough.

Michael.

PCH
6th February 2008, 02:22 PM
Micheal,

If you're fitting the Kaymar bar to allow you to fit the Longranger aux fuel tank also have a look at the RWC that 4x4intelligence.com source as an alternative unless you need to carry 2 spares of course.

Best of luck when you get the D3.

Chris

p38arover
6th February 2008, 02:39 PM
Watch out and do your research for the Kaymar bar. One D3 has had fitment problems and its all a mess at the moment. One suggestion was that the body has been mis-positioned during manufacture....figure that one out :eek:

Kaymar used that excuse when their P38A rear bars didn't fit cars too. I pointed out that the Hayman Reese bar fitted perfectly.....

Jamo
6th February 2008, 03:02 PM
I had no problem with the alignment of my Kaymar bar. From my experience with having aftermarket gear added, I would suggest that it was the fitter with the problem and not the bar or car.

rangieman
6th February 2008, 04:24 PM
Good luck with it mate , Massaro motors is a long way from geelong but they have a good reputation so dont stress:D

HSVRangie
6th February 2008, 04:35 PM
Living in Hastings mostly these days.
Office is in Dandy.

Massaro have a pick up and delivery service to. dandy.

Charlie does what is asked of him, Melb reps cant be stuffed, show very little intrest.

Michael.

RichardK
6th February 2008, 11:03 PM
Micheal,

If you're fitting the Kaymar bar to allow you to fit the Longranger aux fuel tank also have a look at the RWC that 4x4intelligence.com source as an alternative unless you need to carry 2 spares of course.

Best of luck when you get the D3.

Chris

Michael, have a look at my gallery, it shows the fitting of a 4x4 Intelligence RWC

Tote
6th February 2008, 11:50 PM

we not big enough.

Michael.

Try another dealer and see how you go, the corporate pack seems to be pretty arbitrary.
Regards,
Tote

DJBD3
29th March 2008, 08:33 AM
Living in Hastings mostly these days.
Office is in Dandy.

Massaro have a pick up and delivery service to. dandy.

Charlie does what is asked of him, Melb reps cant be stuffed, show very little intrest.

Michael.

:BigThumb::BigThumb::ohyes:

With the by-pass of Pakenham now open it's even easier, better & quicker.

Desert Traveller
31st March 2008, 10:41 AM
The $12k extra for a diesel will not be an issue when you try and sell. The V6 petrol resale is the pits. The resale value of TDV6 can be about $12k higher than the equivalent V6.

Aedo
1st April 2008, 01:53 PM

we not big enough.

Michael.

Does your wife work for a big company? The relationship requirement for the corporate plan is pretty tenuous!

redfender
6th April 2008, 08:05 PM
what sort of deal did you get
im looking now and would like an inside run