PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I should read the book..but

edddo
22nd February 2008, 07:46 AM
If I just wanted a cheap gps that displayed my position in coordinates or lat/long with a selection of datums...what would people recommend. I notice that locally a moving map unit (just for main roads) is going for $187. Would this unit give me a coordinate display as well I wonder? Cant recall the brand but it is for sale at Joyce main Albury

Phoenix
22nd February 2008, 08:02 AM
How much are you looking at. GPSOZ is a great online shop, and I highly recomend the Garmin brand og GPS units. A basic gecko is probably all you need.

I have one of hteit 60 series of gps units.

rmp
7th March 2008, 07:30 PM
If I just wanted a cheap gps that displayed my position in coordinates or lat/long with a selection of datums...what would people recommend. I notice that locally a moving map unit (just for main roads) is going for $187. Would this unit give me a coordinate display as well I wonder? Cant recall the brand but it is for sale at Joyce main Albury

Get a Garmin eTrex H, less than $200. That'll do it. You won't get anything decent with a map for that price. Any autorouter will not have lat/long, datums, UTM -- it'll just about do autorouting.

Blknight.aus
7th March 2008, 07:44 PM
if you know how to get it to do it any of them will output lat long to the screen the wifes extra cheap get me to home or work jobbie she wanted will do it.

and those that dont do it as par for the course can be hacked. :P