PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted from airbag suspension disco/rangie owners

Blknight.aus
5th April 2008, 08:05 PM
After cooma, well during, I got to work on some of the airbagged rovers specifically the suspension and on the way back got into discussing it with the old man....

I have a couple of ideas on how I'd mod the system to allow the fitment of a pressure gauge and an auxillry air port that would allow for both inflation of tyres and charging of the suspension system in the event of compressor failure..

What I need to check out some of the options is a vehicle with airbags so that I can mess with it and eyeball the compressor valving and some routes for airlines.

I'll be at dobbos at some point next weekend if theres anyone down that way thats interested in helping out... (I also wont have reliable internet so dobbo will be the POC for this or for those that have it SMS my mobile)

MarknDeb
5th April 2008, 09:17 PM
After cooma, well during, I got to work on some of the airbagged rovers specifically the suspension and on the way back got into discussing it with the old man....

I have a couple of ideas on how I'd mod the system to allow the fitment of a pressure gauge and an auxillry air port that would allow for both inflation of tyres and charging of the suspension system in the event of compressor failure..

What I need to check out some of the options is a vehicle with airbags so that I can mess with it and eyeball the compressor valving and some routes for airlines.

I'll be at dobbos at some point next weekend if theres anyone down that way thats interested in helping out... (I also wont have reliable internet so dobbo will be the POC for this or for those that have it SMS my mobile)

Gday Dave, our disco has the airbags mate and if you give me a buzz we could try and arrange something