PDA

View Full Version : CV Length

stage1slave
16th April 2008, 01:43 PM
Good Arvo to all, can anyone tell me the lenght of a 110 county cv shaft?
cheers in advance,
ER

sclarke
16th April 2008, 05:39 PM
I'm guessing you want to replace your Stage 1 CV's with county??

If you can find a set of good 2nd hand County CV's then great... its not easy not days...

I know the Defender CV's are 10 or 15mm longer than the Stage 1

stage1slave
16th April 2008, 06:54 PM
Yep, you guessed right. Am xploring all ave's as British Offroad quoted me over a grand plus gst for each side. Yuuuuuk!!
cheers
ER

DeeJay
16th April 2008, 09:14 PM
You might have problems.

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2008/04/404.jpg

County on the left, stage 1 on right. The collars are slightly different.
I'll sell you the stage 1 one for $150.00 posted ;)

stage1slave
17th April 2008, 05:56 AM
Thanks DeeJay. There is some cheap and cheerful shafts on fleabay, but they are only showing the length as 210mm. Obviously they are the wrong ones for me.
Do you have 2 of and if so are they in good nick?
cheers
ER

sclarke
17th April 2008, 07:57 AM
DONT BUY the EBAY ones.... they are crap... weaker than 10 spline Rangie ones....

sclarke
17th April 2008, 08:13 AM
From what i know......

The 110 CV is about 5-10mm shorter than a Stage 1.
Need to measure it to get an exact figure.
What this means is you cant use the circlip on the end of the CV shaft but you can put a bolt in the end of the 110 CV put a washer on it then locktite the bolt in. Or you can get get the Flange machined down to suit the 110 CV.... some say its an issue if you need to go back to Stage 1 CV's, but if you cant get them now, then your not going to in 10 years are you??? :D:D:D

Also the splines are diff i think.. from reading up
You will need 24 spline axles and a 24 spline center....

isuzurover
17th April 2008, 10:24 AM
The 110 CV is about 5-10mm shorter than a Stage 1.

Or you can get get the Flange machined down to suit the 110 CV....

Also the splines are diff i think.. from reading up
You will need 24 spline axles and a 24 spline center....

IF you did want to go back later, you could put a spacer under the circlip. Splines are the same though, both Stage 1 and 110 county are 10 (diff) / 23 (CV star) / 24 (CV stub).

DeeJay - To me, those CV's look the same - one maybe 3-5mm longer. Do you have the actual measurements of the shaft lengths and collar diameters etc...???

I will be replacing my stage 1 front end with a custom axle fitted with longfields some time soon(ish). My stage 1 front was a brand new/unused axle when I fitted it, so the CVs should hopefully still be like new. I may keep them as spares for the county though.

sclarke
17th April 2008, 12:28 PM
Mine has a 24 spline center and Jack Mac Axles in the front...

isuzurover
17th April 2008, 01:08 PM
Mine has a 24 spline center and Jack Mac Axles in the front...

OK - so you have upgraded 24/23 spline inners instead of 10/23 as std. you can still fit them to either CV.

DeeJay
21st April 2008, 09:36 PM
DeeJay - To me, those CV's look the same - one maybe 3-5mm longer. Do you have the actual measurements of the shaft lengths and collar diameters etc...???

I will be replacing my stage 1 front end with a custom axle fitted with longfields some time soon(ish). My stage 1 front was a brand new/unused axle when I fitted it, so the CVs should hopefully still be like new. I may keep them as spares for the county though.

Sorry to be slow responding.
I measured the county CV - Its 239-240 mm and the Stage 1 236. However the County one sits about 1mm off the ground- ie the centre protrudes a bit, so there aint much in em. The collars all are the same too.
They look different but measure up identical.