PDA

View Full Version : Wiring in an EBC to a D2

dmdigital
29th April 2008, 04:54 AM
Got myself a Tekonsha P3 EBC from eBay and now I just have to wire it in.

I'm wondering where others have wired the red (stop light) wire. Is it easy enough to get to the cold side of the brake switch (as recommended) or should I wire it back to the stop light?

BradM
29th April 2008, 08:58 AM
Hi,
DM_TD5 I feel it may be better to stick with the instructions and go to the brake switch. I do not know what effect having a blown brake light bulb may have on the unit.

My Tekshona is a few years old now, do the new units still have the pendulem in them or have they gone with the technology Hayman Reece uses in theirs?

BradM

dmdigital
29th April 2008, 06:02 PM
Brad the P3 is the next generation to the Prodigy, sounds like you might have a Voyager. P3 is an inertial sensor, as to how much pendulum operation as oppossed to solid state this is, the unit's mounting instructions state:
1. Front of P3 must be horizontal.
2. The P3 must be parallel to direction of travel.
The P3 will automatically acquire the proper level setting. It will also automatically adjust as you travel up or down hill.

Anyway had a chance to look at the wiring diagram for the Disco and seems the brake light wire is fairly obvious (GP wire). The fun will come in threading the wiring from the P3 down the back of the dash.

LandyAndy
29th April 2008, 08:00 PM
mine is a Prodigy.
I have fitted the controler run the cables but not yet connected anything up,any info much appreciated!!!!
Andrew

roverharriet
18th February 2010, 08:32 AM
Hi All, first time on here so sorry if I haven't done this correctly. I have a Tekonsha Primus IQ that I am wiring into my 98 Disco 1. Can anyone tell me which wire is the cold side of the brake switch. I have read somewhere that it is the green and purple wire. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

bee utey
18th February 2010, 08:55 AM
Test light! Multi meter! Either of those would answer your question. a digital mm from Jaycar or tricky dicky can cost a little as $10. Wiring without one is a health hazard. BTW yes its the green/purple trace wire.