PDA

View Full Version : can i borrow an injector pipe

andrew e
3rd May 2008, 12:28 AM
I snapped my injector return pipe a while ago where it goes into the top of the fuel filter at the front. I made a quick repair with some hose and small clamps, which has held in place ever since. I'd normally go down to suzi wreck in fairfield and buy another one, but their closed down. Gilbert and roach would want an arm and leg. Does anyone have one i could borrow while i silver solder mine up? (i have to drive it to work every day) Or is ther another isuzu truck wrecker in sydney?

Andy

rovercare
3rd May 2008, 12:30 AM
Just leave the hose on?, its only a low pressure return

Funny that, mine broke the other day (already bronzed before) same place to, 1/4" copper pipe around it and silver solder him up

Blknight.aus
3rd May 2008, 05:15 AM
seconded. ^^^

andrew e
4th May 2008, 12:08 AM
I would leave it on, but its seeping. It broke right where it goes into the banjo fiting, so one part is bigger than the other, which is causing it to leak a bit of diesel. What makes it worse, is that it gets blown out the gap between the bonnet and guard in a very fine mist, ending up on my windscreen. (and i dont have a washer bottle).

Andy

rocket scientist
12th May 2008, 10:02 PM
Must be some sort of conspiracy.
mine cracked at the same point several weeks ago.
Sealed it up with some of that fuel tank putty then braised it properly.
Didn't hold though, think I might just buy a whole new unit before all the other joints crack.

:mad:

1103.9TDI
12th May 2008, 10:20 PM
Sounds like it might be a good idea to grab a spare of each fuel line on the engine.....they cop a bit of vibration!. The return on my old NA had been repaired in the same place!......Let us know how much Land Rover/Isuzu want for them rocket:eek:

rovercare
19th October 2008, 12:17 AM
Must be some sort of conspiracy.
mine cracked at the same point several weeks ago.
Sealed it up with some of that fuel tank putty then braised it properly.
Didn't hold though, think I might just buy a whole new unit before all the other joints crack.

:mad:

Mines still holding:D

andrew e
23rd October 2008, 11:38 PM
i bit the bullet and bought a new one for a hundred.

rovercare
24th October 2008, 07:28 AM
i bit the bullet and bought a new one for a hundred.

:eek:I wouldn't be doing that:(