PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problems

Fusion
4th May 2008, 09:45 PM
Howdy Guys , Well I just about have no clutch at all . At the start of the day the peddle had a lot of freeplay before the clutch engaged . And letting the clutch out it engaged pretty much as i took the foot off the floor . I bleed the lines for air but none. Has the pressure plate crapped it self ? Thanks .

Kalbee118
5th May 2008, 04:35 PM
G'Day mate I had the same issue.......Stealer said nothing to much wrong with it. Bled it and got a heap of air out. It worked better for a time. I have just replaced the Slave Cylinder and it's again like new...........I hadn't realised how bad it had become! :cool:

Jay
8th May 2008, 10:15 PM
G'Day,

I had a similar thing happen with mine D1-92. Was driving it for a few days before I bought it. In traffic, peak hour, went to put her in gear nothing....! No clutch. Ended up my guy put new master cylinder+ clutch plate in (plus gear box, got lucky there!!) Still bought the car.

Mechanic said the clutch master cylinder is what went. Goes great now.

Jay

Fusion
8th May 2008, 10:43 PM
I have ordered a master and slave cylinder kit for the clutch . hopefully thats all the problem is .

Disco_owner
8th May 2008, 11:59 PM
I have ordered a master and slave cylinder kit for the clutch . hopefully thats all the problem is .

hey mick , usually if one fails you tend to replace both master/slave , where did you endup sourcing the parts from and how much?

Fusion
9th May 2008, 01:26 PM
hey mick , usually if one fails you tend to replace both master/slave , where did you endup sourcing the parts from and how much?

Hey Khosi , I ordered them from Four Wheel Drives - Land Rovers New and Used Spare Parts - Home (http://www.fwd.com.au) and it cost me $28.70 including postage .