PDA

View Full Version : trouble starting

dirtdawg
6th May 2008, 05:24 PM
been having some trouble starting lately sort of comes and goes but its getting more frequent what it does is when i turn the key to start it makes a wurring sound and i have to turn the key back and try again lately i have to turn the key back and fourth 2 or 3 time b4 it turns over so b4 i go to the mech do you guys know what the prob could be????

Fusion
6th May 2008, 05:48 PM
sounds like the starter motors solenoid is playing up..... same thing is going on with the inlaws car .

dirtdawg
6th May 2008, 05:56 PM
might have to see if clarkie has a spare

harry
6th May 2008, 06:04 PM
been near water?
and it also sounds like the starter solenoid, whip it off before it fails completely

don't do as od do as i say, mine has been doing it for the last month or so, but i have the tools on board if it really stops, just hav'nt had the time lately.

loanrangie
6th May 2008, 07:36 PM
might have to see if clarkie has a spare

Check the earthing and other connections before running off and getting another starter, you can also pull apart clean and lube the solenoid if its only sticking.

2 rocks
6th May 2008, 08:11 PM
mmm I don't even get whirring! methinks brushes though as a friendly tap with the tyre lever sees it starting first go...
Must do something before the weather really turns - don't fancy crawling under it outside work, in the rain, in my suit, lol!!!
Mike