PDA

View Full Version : D1 rear bars

Fusion
18th May 2008, 04:26 PM
Hi Guys . Have been talking with the old man today and i asked if he and I could build a rear bar to suit my D1. It is going to be very similar to the scorpion racing rear bar . We are also going to make rock sliders and/or tree sliders .

Now the idea we have come up with is if it turns out how we want it to we might build a few others to sell . So this is not an " can i take your order " . It's more of a " would you be interested " thread for now as we are going to get some prices for steel and some other things that we need to do the bar work .

We are still tossing up whether to do winch bars yet . And if we do they will be tubular type winch bars ie: all ranges winch bar .

So lets see how much interest it gets and we will go from there ;):D.
https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2008/05/229.jpg

SPROVER
18th May 2008, 04:55 PM
If it looks good and its at a decent price i would be interested in one for sure.Its hard to try and find a decent rear bar anywhere for the Disco.

WedWon
19th May 2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Wannalandy

As SPROVER says, they look good. If the price was right I, too, might be interested in one

Cheers

Jason

2_door
19th May 2008, 12:31 PM
would you be making the front and rear bars to suit body lifts as well ??? :D and maybe even make the rear bars adaptable with wheel and jerry carriers, would widen the market

would be interested ;)

Fusion
19th May 2008, 02:15 PM
would you be making the front and rear bars to suit body lifts as well ??? :D and maybe even make the rear bars adaptable with wheel and jerry carriers, would widen the market

would be interested ;)

Hi Shorty , I don't think it would be to hard to make the bars to suit body lifts at all .
Still looking into the wheel and jerry carriers ;):).

PeterM
20th May 2008, 12:19 AM
Sounds very promising. Have to see how the pennies are going but if it was adjustable for lifts I'd be very interested.

AussieLandRover
20th May 2008, 01:44 AM
Put me down on your list as i am also interested in a rear bar as i hate the plastic caps.

sclarke
20th May 2008, 09:12 AM
i wont burst anyones bubble, but the cost to manufacture and build your own rear Disco bar is not cheap...
i looked at it ages ago and with materials, cutting, welding, painting and labour even for me to do it, it was over $1k

Fronts are not any easier....

love to see the finished product as i know how hard it is to make a good one.

Steve

2_door
20th May 2008, 12:33 PM
i wont burst anyones bubble, but the cost to manufacture and build your own rear Disco bar is not cheap... with materials, cutting, welding, painting and labour even for me to do it, it was over $1k

geez, the materials would be the dearest part I would imagine. What hourly rate did you work that out on and how many hours did you calculate to make one?

I reckon making the first one would be labour intensive, but once you got it fine tuned with a jig and cutting/welding multiple pieces at once, the labour price would drop dramatically ;)

it would have to be cheaper than a Kaymar bar, they are for the rich and famous :p

dullbird
20th May 2008, 12:48 PM
hes not cheap our clarkie $100 an hour

or at least thats what he charged me......................opps:angel::D;)

stuart
20th May 2008, 01:10 PM

hes not cheap our clarkie $100 an hour

or at least thats what he charged me......................opps:angel::D;)

Hymie
20th May 2008, 01:12 PM
As others have said, for a comprtitive price I too would be interested.
Jerry Holders and Wheel carrier too if possible....

dullbird
20th May 2008, 01:17 PM

hi stuart

are you showing me that because of the tow bar?? with the hd rear bar

because thats not haymany reece thats a snow plow;)......or at least thats what we called them in the uk when they dug you an anchor in the dirt when climbing:D

stuart
20th May 2008, 01:17 PM

MMM...

We have these being made at the moment...Fourm Members around $580-$620 non listed $690-$750 awaiting on the date to arrive...will find out tonight...also have a cheaper option coming for front bars and RT sliders...

Stu

stuart
20th May 2008, 01:20 PM
Ha Ha yes they are shocking!!!...i had one on my Defender 90 a few years ago...no was just wanted to show the HD Bar...

Stu

hi stuart

are you showing me that because of the tow bar?? with the hd rear bar

because thats not haymany reece thats a snow plow;)......or at least thats what we called them in the uk when they dug you an anchor in the dirt when climbing:D

Ken
20th May 2008, 02:15 PM
I have to ask the question guys what about the D2 as far as a rear bar goes
Ive been searching high and low with no avail
Apart from Rovertym which is not cost effective postage wise
I want a rear bar too :D:D:D

stuart
20th May 2008, 02:30 PM
Well kenny G...you will be happy to know these are also on the cards...i will talk to Dave later today to get a ETA as these will be getting shipped across the brown land...so they will be available from Perth/Melbourne and Sydney in the near future...

Stu
Ps i hope the price shound be close to the D1 price maybe a little extra as the D2 would use a little more matarial...bit like you shirts kenny...you know the shed...HaHa

I have to ask the question guys what about the D2 as far as a rear bar goes
Ive been searching high and low with no avail
Apart from Rovertym which is not cost effective postage wise
I want a rear bar too :D:D:D

Fusion
20th May 2008, 03:15 PM
MMM...

We have these being made at the moment...Fourm Members around $580-$620 non listed $690-$750 awaiting on the date to arrive...will find out tonight...also have a cheaper option coming for front bars and RT sliders...

Stu

:o Trying to do me out of business before i get started mate :).
what prices are the front bars and sliders going to be ?

stuart
20th May 2008, 03:22 PM
No not at all...just trying to get stuff made for Aus at a price we all want to pay...Nothing...well thats what i what to pay anyway...should have something back tonight...will try get some more pics...

Stu

:o Trying to do me out of business before i get started mate :).
what prices are the front bars and sliders going to be ?

Fusion
20th May 2008, 03:28 PM
No not at all...just trying to get stuff made for Aus at a price we all want to pay...Nothing...well thats what i what to pay anyway...should have something back tonight...will try get some more pics...

Stu

All good mate ;) . be good to have a few more options for us landy owners instead of none .

stuart
20th May 2008, 03:33 PM
a couple more pics will get some more...

Ken
20th May 2008, 04:29 PM
bit like you shirts kenny...you know the shed...HaHa[/QUOTE]

Mate its all this fur it makes me look bigger :D:D:D

Your lucky you live on the other side of Aus :mad:

:D:D:D

trobbo
20th May 2008, 04:55 PM
Stu, I am not sure how far down the design and manufacture phase of the rear bar you are, but there is a real neat looking (and dare I say 'home made') rangie bar on outers atm Outer Limits 4x4 Board :: View topic - Painting my Rangie (http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/phpBB2/sutra1381649.php#1381649)

Whilst not perfectly suited to the d1 because of the bump needed on the bar under the tail light this design looks very professional.

loanrangie
20th May 2008, 07:06 PM
I like this one -

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2008/10/936.jpg

dullbird
20th May 2008, 07:11 PM
so do i!!!

but in saying that i do like the HD bars that cover where the plastic end caps used to coz when you pull those off it always looks grotty where they used to be

stuart for 580 i would be very interested in a rear bar for my disco, did you say they would be available in sydney???

I like this one -

loanrangie
20th May 2008, 09:29 PM
Dullbird, nothing some folded alloy chequer plate cant fix !

dullbird
20th May 2008, 09:35 PM
Dullbird, nothing some folded alloy chequer plate cant fix !

true but then you would have to go through the hassel of getting it treated and painted black:D

i hate silver chequer plate.......

you know whats nice about that red disco up there its been done tastefully and subtly (apart from the tyres lol)

to me thats the key i like subtle (says the one with the roof lights and smiley faces:eek: )

thats whay everything that goes on our new defender is subtle or at least i'm trying to do it that way...lol

cockie55
21st May 2008, 06:57 AM
That rear barwork on the is red D1 is very sweet. Could also add an optional wheel carrier. Put me down if you considered something like this setup.

dirtdawg
21st May 2008, 07:09 AM
i think im in love, thats a nice d1, hey wannalandy that gives you a pic to work towards

loanrangie
21st May 2008, 12:19 PM
The red D1 is off Outer limits website and the bar was made by All ranges 4x4 so i'm sure they will/can make more.

2/22 London Drive, Bayswater

9762 2600

2_door
21st May 2008, 12:45 PM
The red D1 is off Outer limits website

cant find it, can you put the link up please :D thats where I am heading with my D1...its even the same colour :p

at $600 I reckon the price is right. does that bar suit 2 inch body lifts as well :(

loanrangie
21st May 2008, 03:21 PM
cant find it, can you put the link up please :D thats where I am heading with my D1...its even the same colour :p

at $600 I reckon the price is right. does that bar suit 2 inch body lifts as well :(

Outer Limits 4x4 Board :: View topic - Tube work (http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/ftopic140194.php)

I'm not sure if it has a bl or not but it does look like it.

DassaW
21st May 2008, 09:22 PM
I like this one -

Hi Guys, This is my red Disco.

As mentioned earlier I had it made by the guys at All Ranges 4x4 Bayswater. Well they didnt actually do it but the guy up the road (millweld) makes all there front tube bars and sliders. They were getting 3 made up to start with mine was first. Then they were going to do some variations on this one if the demand was there, eg, to suit no body lift and non 1/4 panel cut etc.
I think the one they were going to make for Jamie's (owner of All ranges) disco was going to have a jerry can holder on it.

Cheers

Darren

2_door
21st May 2008, 10:03 PM
thanks for letting us know. how much was that bar, just ballpark so I know whether its in my budget or in the 'dreaming' category :(

ps. how much lift do you have there Dassa, 2 inch springs + 2 inch body or more... are they the LRA flare ??? I am heading in the same direction with my D1 and like the look/stance of your truck. I am guessing that they are 15 inch rims on those 35's ;-)

DassaW
22nd May 2008, 12:33 PM
Hey shorty,

The bar was $1000, bout the same as a cheezy bar. But keep in mind it does need a bit more bracing around the tube part, need to brace it back to the chasis somewhere, so may cost more if they do that too.

Its got a LRA 2.5" body lift and LRA springs which give about 2" extra height. Flares are also LRA, I was running 35" creepy's on 16" rims, but got a bit of sponsorship so now running the Silverstone 35" on 15" rims.

Keep an eye out in one of the next issues of 4wd action for full specs etc.

cheers

Darren

P.S sorry bout the hijack

matbor
23rd May 2008, 09:41 AM
Good sidesteps here...
Outer Limits 4x4 Board :: View topic - BBM Rick's Rover thing. Updated 19/05/08 Sliders ON! (http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/sutra1380715.php&sid=e303c70137200b654f55db0fe61e6ad6#1380715)

alex3025
11th June 2008, 07:59 AM
:cool: You can get a nice bar from here better than scorpion racing and cheaper DISCOPARTS, the place for the best Land Rover Parts and Accessories. (http://www.discoparts.com/asp/index.asp) :cool: