PDA

View Full Version : Spotted 2 TD5 bonnet mounts in 2 weeks

JamesH
19th May 2008, 10:18 AM
Hi

On Friday i saw another TD5 with a bonnet mount. The first one i saw was in a Big Trip kitted 110 and had a black square mounting plate on it that looked much like an intake on an old shaker falcon.

I thought it was a DIY job made by someone handy with tools. Licence plates(WA) "OUR 110" if anyone knows them.

Anyway I was surprised to see exactly the same set up on another TD5 at the lights while i was waiting to cross. i thought it was the same couple but, different plates 1DIY i think.

Two WA Defender TD5s in two weeks. Somebody must be bringing them in?

isuzu110
20th May 2008, 07:39 AM
Was it this kit ?

Welcome to Opposite Lock (http://www.oppositelock.com.au/redesign/department/productDetails.aspx?deptID=7&catID=7&itemID=LRSWCB)

JamesH
20th May 2008, 01:35 PM
Yes, that's the one.

Mystery solved.

stusgonesailing
20th May 2008, 10:53 PM
Might have been mine.

I have the opposite lock kit on over black checker plate.

works a treat

JamesH
21st May 2008, 10:10 AM
Might have been mine.

I have the opposite lock kit on over black checker plate.

works a treat

It was in Mt Lawley at lunch time on Friday. I can't recall if the chequer plate was black.

I was with a chick from the office walking to a cafe and I spotted the Defender at the lights way over on the other side of the intersection. I thought I saw an interesting bonnet mount in the nanosecod before it got obscured by other cars. I told the person I was with to go and get a table at the cafe, I needed to wait a minute for the lights to change so I could get a good look at the Landy. She said "Ummm, OK" and gave me that look...you know the one.

The ho har's
21st May 2008, 02:36 PM
She said "Ummm, OK" and gave me that look...you know the one.

Some woman just don't understand do they:twisted:

Mrs ho har:angel::D:D

stusgonesailing
21st May 2008, 08:33 PM
I know that look. I waited two turns at some lights in the CBD just to take a photo of a sweet little shorty that was coming through town. I had spotted it from three blocks away.

my work mates are amazed when i can spot a fender a km away from the 8th floor

anywhere else in the world i am a nut. but on here i am normal