PDA

View Full Version : readywelder in Australia

philco
3rd June 2008, 05:39 PM
Hi all, I am the new distributor for READYWELDER in Australia.
I hope to have 5 units here in the next week or so with more to come, and will have a demo model for anyone to try out free of charge. I hope to have it all set up in the 130 over the next couple of weeks.
If you are interested give me a call and I will set up a time.
I can have it available to use for a welding day with the club also.
Phil 0423759779

philco
3rd June 2008, 09:41 PM
heres a bit more info for those interested.
welds steel, stainless, aluminium.
18volt ok for thin sheet metal,
24 volt single pass 1/2 inch at 275 amps.
36 volt welds up to 3/4 inch at 350 to 400 amps.
welds 22 guage to 3/4 inch.
wire speeds of 50 to 900 inches per minute.
if you want to look at all the specs go to Readywelder.com | There's nothing like it! (http://www.readywelder.com)
it has hose for gas operation as well as flux cored gasless.
All tips and wire are standard from any welding supplier.

long stroke
21st June 2008, 06:53 PM
How much??

RonMcGr
22nd June 2008, 07:41 AM
How much??

My thoughts, exactly :)
It's "yank" so I'll bet it's an arm plus a leg!

philco
23rd June 2008, 11:55 AM
Yes it is a Yank thing, but it is a great idea, ( wish I had thought of it first ) Retail from me is $895.00 this is an introductory price.
If you want to talk to me further about it please give me a call.
Ph 0423759779
Please let me know you saw it on the AULRO website.
Phil

Blknight.aus
23rd June 2008, 12:35 PM
interested my existing mig welders just about knackered.

RonMcGr
23rd June 2008, 02:40 PM
interested my existing mig welders just about knackered.

Fork out nine hundred odd bucks, then tell us if it was any good! :D

Bush65
27th June 2008, 07:26 PM
I bought one years ago from Piranha off road products. Never had to use it yet :)

They should be ok for small workshop use if you don't mind mucking around with batteries as a power source.

My rangie is still a work in progress and as the starter and alternator system are 24V. The pair of 110 AH agm batteries are behind the passenger seat and I plan to have Anderson plugs at both seat bases to suit the Readywelder leads.

Blknight.aus
28th June 2008, 12:52 PM
Fork out nine hundred odd bucks, then tell us if it was any good! :D

Ive used a similar one a couple of times in townsville, the truck company I was working with bought one from the weldingshop next door, I liked it but my biggest complaint about it was the spool position which was up over the top of your thumb caused me no end of grief trying to get comfortable with it with the gloves on and it used to drag my hand around a bit...

This one looks like its underspooled so might be just the ticket.... but at $900 for the amount of welding I do at home its a touch pricey.

RonMcGr
28th June 2008, 01:33 PM
Ive used a similar one a couple of times in townsville, the truck company I was working with bought one from the weldingshop next door, I liked it but my biggest complaint about it was the spool position which was up over the top of your thumb caused me no end of grief trying to get comfortable with it with the gloves on and it used to drag my hand around a bit...

This one looks like its underspooled so might be just the ticket.... but at $900 for the amount of welding I do at home its a touch pricey.

Philco should give you one to evaluate!
If they are any good, he has nothing to loose and a lot to gain.

philco
8th July 2008, 05:04 PM
hahaha you guys are sooo funny, :D:D:D:D If you want to have a look at it some time let me know i will have a demo model set up for people to use soon.
It may be $895.00 but the range of sizes of steel Aluminium and stainless steel it can weld just as a basic unit is better than the nearest 240 volt unit available on the market.
take a look at the specs on the website or PM me and i can forward a spec sheet to you to look at.
http://www.readywelder.com/images/pdfs/Model10000.pdf

Skiboy
29th July 2009, 12:14 PM
Phil

What is your current price on these welders? Do you know where one can get small gas bottles or will flux MIG welding do the job (I have not used flux - only used gas MIG - so not know if equivalent)?

I have a Gas MIG just looking at this as part of competition truck support gear so can fix on the run (for the Comp Ute - see GCLRO member rides).

Skiboy

It'sNotWorthComplaining!
29th July 2009, 01:44 PM
From the experience I had with my Gasless Mig :toilet:, I will only use a Gas one from now on (as useless as tits on a bull).
But that's my opinion