PDA

View Full Version : "Snap-On" Scanner

Pedro_The_Swift
3rd June 2008, 06:57 PM
Had the D2 hooked up to one of these the other day,, The workshop owner brought it out from England when he emigrated. He has the "England" D2 cartridge and the correct KEY (being a Land Rover nut )but this would not talk to my D2.

Anybody had dealings with this type of scanner?

LandyAndy
3rd June 2008, 09:07 PM
My Bros mechanic mate has one.
He has only bought the licences to the common Aussie cars he deals with and has no Landy accses.
I wonder if the one you tryed is only open to UK spec Landies???
Kens mrs brought an OBD11 scanner(unsure on the brand)home from work(she chucks spanners for a living) to get into his D2 V8 when it was playing up,they were able to read/clear faults apparentley.
Im guessing being a caryard scanner it was unlocked to multi franchises!!!
Andrew

Bundalene
14th June 2008, 07:41 PM
I have used a snap on scanner on my 06 Defender - reset a few stored alarms, checked ABS sensors etc - not sure of all the volyages and graphs shown. I only played with it for half an hour - seems very good - very expensive though. You must have the correct software load and the correct Land Rover hardware key to use this particular unit. I am going to borrow this again in a week or so to have another play.

Cheers, Erich

Pedro_The_Swift
14th June 2008, 07:53 PM
Welcome Erich:D

This one was red and had black rubber ends??

He had the right cartridge,, and had "a" key to put in--

but it just wouldnt talk,,,:(

would have been nice to have one just down the road!!;)

Bundalene
19th June 2008, 03:56 PM
Re the scanner. Could you set it up through the pages - European cars - Landrover - Defender - 2002-05 Defender, before plugging in. Then plug in, wait for coms and turn on the ignition.

The snap-on scanner I used appears the same as the one you used - red with black soft ends.

I just went through the ABS to see the data outputs and was surprised at the amount of data. I assume it is similar to some of the other scanners around. The following can be read: 4 wheel sensor outputs, 4 wheel speeds, pump supervision, groung ref, the 8 ABS valves, pump relay, brake relay, valve supply, ignition voltage, clamp control, throttle position, engine torque and shuttle valve switch.

Cheers, Erich