PDA

View Full Version : fairey overdrives

2a utestar
7th June 2008, 08:55 PM
Hi

Does anyone know if or where you can get spares parts for a fairey overdrive within australia.:(

regards,Glenn

JDNSW
8th June 2008, 05:36 AM
It is now several years since I looked for parts, but the situation I found then was as follows -

No parts were available from the Landrover parts suppliers, although Four Wheel Drives in Melbourne had them listed.

Most, but not quite all, bearings and seals were available from SKF, who had the Rover part numbers cross listed.

Other parts that I needed were readily available from Rovers Down South in New Orleans, who own the tooling at present. Delivery and service from them was good, although prices are high (but the current $A would help this).

It is possible that the situation has changed since then.

John

isuzurover
10th June 2008, 01:36 PM
What exactly do you need? If you have stripped the teeth from the input (GB mainshaft) gear, then companies like Zenith Engineering will respline it and the gear it mates with for reasonable money.

olmate
10th June 2008, 07:53 PM
Glenn,

although I have been told that FWD in Melb hold spares (from time to time) I have not confirmed this. I do know that "Rovers down south" in New Orleans list and carry all the bits; but as Jon has said - $$$ :(

Take a look at their web page - it may help

Rovers Down South Fairey Overdrive (http://www.faireyoverdrive.com/)

Hope this helps :D

dandlandyman
11th June 2008, 11:21 AM
Last time I asked them, Four Wheel Drives could get stuff for them, but it had to come from Britain, and it cost about the same as Rovers Down South want. Fairey Overdrives aren't easy or cheap to get bits for. I always leap on any broken units I can get, in the hope that I can built one good one out of two or three...

Dan.
69 2a 88" pet4, 74 3 109" pet4, 68 2b FC pet6.

Tomo
11th June 2008, 12:45 PM
I am having the same problem trying to locate bearings and shims for a fairey od. I have my old man, who is in the bearing industry trying to find the parts. He has tried Timken with little luck so far. They seem to be quite an odd size. I will get him to try SKF, thanks for that tip.

I know I gan get the stuff from Rovers Down South, but rather get the parts from Australia.