PDA

View Full Version : Milford Cargo Barrier for 2007+ Defenders

mac
8th June 2008, 09:24 PM
I contacted Milford Industries in Adelaide recently regarding a cargo barrier for my 2008 Defender. They indicated that they would have one available during the second half of 2008.

I'd be happy to pass on a list of AULRO members interested getting a cargo barrier for the their 2007 and 2008 Defenders to the Milford Marketing Manager (Just use your AULRO name for now). Hopefully with a good list of people, we can get them to produce it faster.

Regards,

Mac

dullbird
8th June 2008, 09:59 PM
by all means put my name down

but to be honest they are taking to long, i would imagine that we will end up with a black widow one before long.......

we asked milford when we first got our defender about 7/8 months ago and they just said no sorry we dont do them.:mad:

well gee thanks for the help!!

JohnE
9th June 2008, 07:16 AM
thats interesting if they haven't bothered making one for a newish vehicle, and black widow already makes them, why send them a list of names.
Tell them to stick it and go somewhere else. Milford aren.t the B all to end all.

my 5 cents worth.

john

Captain_Rightfoot
9th June 2008, 09:19 AM
This is interesting. The first time I say a 07 I thought that the cargo barrier from mine wasn't going to fit. I guess they'll get around to it eventually, but with the volumes that LR sell I can't see it being their top priority.

Hmm... make a cargo barrier for the new forrester that has been released for two months and already sold nearly two thousand, or the defender which has been available for 6 months and there would be lucky to be 100 here (I would estimate).

dullbird
9th June 2008, 02:31 PM
This is interesting. The first time I say a 07 I thought that the cargo barrier from mine wasn't going to fit. I guess they'll get around to it eventually, but with the volumes that LR sell I can't see it being their top priority.

Hmm... make a cargo barrier for the new forrester that has been released for two months and already sold nearly two thousand, or the defender which has been available for 6 months and there would be lucky to be 100 here (I would estimate).

so by you saying that i'm asuming that milford only sell in australia then
because they sell a hell of a lot more than 100 in england...and europe:angel:

Captain_Rightfoot
9th June 2008, 08:29 PM
so by you saying that i'm asuming that milford only sell in australia then
because they sell a hell of a lot more than 100 in england...and europe:angel:

Yep that's right. I'm not aware that milford export. I know that LR is as common in some parts of the world as Toyota is here...

dullbird
9th June 2008, 09:05 PM
Yep that's right. I'm not aware that milford export. I know that LR is as common in some parts of the world as Toyota is here...

Milford Industries (http://www.milfordind.com.au/index.php/selectedContent/38061599)

you haven't been to there site for a while then they export world wide

here is just the link for the distributors in europe:angel:

Captain_Rightfoot
10th June 2008, 06:52 AM
Milford Industries (http://www.milfordind.com.au/index.php/selectedContent/38061599)

you haven't been to there site for a while then they export world wide

here is just the link for the distributors in europe:angel:

Cool! I guess we'll just have to see from their actions how important defender sales are to them!

tolinja
10th June 2008, 04:30 PM
yep I am looking for one , put my name down

cheers
tony

Rugrat
14th June 2008, 10:17 AM
Count me in also

Craig
14th June 2008, 12:42 PM
Me to...

Craig

mac
23rd June 2008, 08:45 PM
Greg Spooner, Product Sales and Marketing Manager at Milford Industries responded to my e-mail. He indicates that Development for this product is scheduled to commence in the Oct-Dec qtr. He recommended watching their web based catalogue for the update.

I had hoped for an early availability.

Once I see anything new, I will let you all know.

Regards,

Mac