PDA

View Full Version : KPH > MPH

stuart
16th June 2008, 07:57 AM
Morning All,

Well went out camping on the weekend...heading up the Warburton-Marysville road...winding our way to the top then all of a sudden all these lights on the dash flash...and wam bam im in MPH!!! what the F...was not touching anything...anyone had this happen???

Stu

vnx205
16th June 2008, 08:32 AM
Ah, the wonders of modern vehicles and their electronic gadgets.

Perhaps you passed through some sort of a time warp back to the middle of last century.
Is the flux capacitor correctly connected and were you doing 84mph at the time?:p

The only logical idea I can think of is that some sort of electrical connection problem has done the same thing as a built in reset capability.

Lotz-A-Landies
16th June 2008, 08:42 AM
Morning All,

Well went out camping on the weekend...heading up the Warburton-Marysville road...winding our way to the top then all of a sudden all these lights on the dash flash...and wam bam im in MPH!!! what the F...was not touching anything...anyone had this happen???

Stu
Stu

Are you sure that the windy road didn't cross some international border? Are you still in Australia? :D:p

Diana

stuart
16th June 2008, 09:46 AM
MMM I think it may be the case...BUT just spoke to the dealer and yes they have had a few...so will send her in for a download...my just need a reset of a new dash...but they have only had the "S" do it and its the first "SE"???

Stu

Stu

Are you sure that the windy road didn't cross some international border? Are you still in Australia? :D:p

Diana

CaverD3
16th June 2008, 04:17 PM
You may need a new instrument cluster if the software doesn't work.

WhiteD3
16th June 2008, 04:24 PM
Disconnect both leads off the battery, short the leads together for 10 seconds or so, reconnect and see what's what.

I had some screwy things happen to my trip computer and audio controls early on after a trip to car lovers and this exercise, passed on from a forum member, fixed it and it's never returned.

mcrover
16th June 2008, 04:28 PM
Some strange things happent up in them there hills.....:eek:

Just multiply by 1.66 :D

stuart
16th June 2008, 04:50 PM
yes well done thx for that...

Stu

Some strange things happent up in them there hills.....:eek:

Just multiply by 1.66 :D

rovercare
16th June 2008, 05:43 PM
short the leads together for 10 seconds or so, .

That's, ummmmmmmm, different:D

CaverD3
16th June 2008, 05:53 PM
Switch off, wait a two minutes for electronics to switch off. (says 120secs on sticker in engine bay) undo terminals and touch together connectors.
Hard re-boot for for D3, solves all kinds of fault codes.
Remember if you do this you need to rest your pre-sets.
I am not sure but I think it clears the logged fault codes that your dealer will need to diagnose the fault. Anyone know?
A good tip for emergency use.

gghaggis
17th June 2008, 10:38 AM
It (a hard reset) shouldn't reset any fault codes that were logged in the history, but it should reset any fault _conditions_ that are below the "severe" level.

Cheers,

Gordon

CaverD3
17th June 2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks Gordon for the clarification.:D

discomaniac
17th June 2008, 04:55 PM
I've had this happen twice to my SE. Once in December last year and again in May this year. Each time the dealer was unable to reset to KM. In the second case, they told me there was a corrupted file in the Instrument Cluster. Had the entire instrument cluster replaced each time.

Now works fine.......... until the next time :(

Discomaniac

stuart
17th June 2008, 06:54 PM
Awesome! good to know...Lance Dixon LR are now looking after the car so its booked in next week to be sorted...they said they will do the cluster as it's the best thing to do...the service dept has been very helpful...strange i say for a dealer!!! anyways...cheers all...

Stu

I've had this happen twice to my SE. Once in December last year and again in May this year. Each time the dealer was unable to reset to KM. In the second case, they told me there was a corrupted file in the Instrument Cluster. Had the entire instrument cluster replace each time.

Now works fine.......... until the next time :(

Discomaniac

mobyone
11th August 2008, 09:18 PM
happened to my SE as well about 3 months ago.... :( replaced instrument pack was the only solution.

Now to wait for it to happen again so I can use my extended warranty :D...

Tote
14th August 2008, 06:28 PM
Switching between Miles and Kilometers is one of the extra functions that you get with the upgraded stereo. Could there be a loose connector? Out of interest in the ones that have failed are you running the 5 stacker and subwoofer stereo?
Regards,
Tote

discomaniac
1st September 2008, 08:48 AM
Hi,
I just have the standard single CD stereo system and no audio control buttons on the steering wheel.

discomaniac