PDA

View Full Version : Pics of D2 auxiliary power socket location???

Datt
19th June 2008, 12:37 PM
Hi all,

Just hoping some of you could post pics of where you located your auxiliary power sockets in the rear of the D2 and where you all ran the leads from the engine bay. Picked up an ARB battery tray today and plan on installing it on the weekend.

Datt.

Redback
19th June 2008, 01:06 PM
Hi all,

Just hoping some of you could post pics of where you located your auxiliary power sockets in the rear of the D2 and where you all ran the leads from the engine bay. Picked up an ARB battery tray today and plan on installing it on the weekend.

Datt.

Here ya go

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/bazzar/DSC00226.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/bazzar/DSC00225.jpg

Baz.

mrapocalypse
14th July 2008, 02:17 PM
I second this and would like to see where if anyone has put a fuse box in the rear.

Good stuff redback. I'm off to get panel mounted sockets and a switch.

Redback
15th July 2008, 09:58 AM
I second this and would like to see where if anyone has put a fuse box in the rear.

I put all the wiring and the fuses behind the panel where the vent is, it just pops out it's great for easy access, i've also hard wired the fridge cable in there too, the wire for the fridge comes out from under the panel just below the bottom power socket and under the storage drawer floor so it can't be seen and then out to the back of the fridge slide.

I ran the cable from the auxillary battery in the engine bay, down and along the chassis rail and up behind the taillights and into the panel where the sockets are.

Baz.

feral
15th July 2008, 11:59 AM

Like this......

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2008/07/764.jpg

stevo68
15th July 2008, 12:30 PM
Possible dopey question here, but mine already has a aux power in the back, do not all D2's have one, or is this something different?

Regards

Stevo

BMKal
15th July 2008, 12:35 PM
Must only be in the grey ones Stevo - mine's got one too. :p:p:p

But can see the value in adding more at the back of the vehicle, especially if you've got a set of drawers and fridge sitting in there. I like Redback's set-up.

stevo68
15th July 2008, 02:13 PM
Must only be in the grey ones Stevo - mine's got one too. :p:p:p

But can see the value in adding more at the back of the vehicle, especially if you've got a set of drawers and fridge sitting in there. I like Redback's set-up. I knew getting a grey one was a smart move :D. Yep Redbacks set up looks good, will be a long time before I can do that with 5 kids between me and SWMBO. Though I will be looking to get the aux set up to a dual battery system...Im assuming that can be done?

Regards

Stevo

Rosco
15th July 2008, 02:42 PM
Possible dopey question here, but mine already has a aux power in the back, do not all D2's have one, or is this something different?

Regards

Stevo

A word of caution here Stevo. Most (p'raps not all) aux power outlets already wired in OEM are not rated very highly, so you'd possibly be heading for grief trying to run a fridge etc off it, without checking first.

Cheers

Redback
15th July 2008, 03:53 PM

Regards

Stevo

Yes they all have one OME socket, but it runs off the starting battery, my 3 extra ones run of my auxillary battery.

Baz.

DiscoStew
15th July 2008, 08:54 PM

Regards

Stevo

As someone else has mentioned, the existing socket is not rated high enough for a fridge. I kept blowing a fuse. I now have a dual battery setup and run the fridge directly off that.

I have not added extra sockets as I do not like the cigarette lighter types. I have run three cables from the spare battery that is located in the footwell behind the driver's seat. One to the just inside the driver's side rear door, one loose in the cargo area which can be connected to the trailer during transit to recharge the trailer battery or connected to the 240v recharger for when we are stopped at a powered site. The third runs behind the side container to behind where the vent should be and has a torpedo light connected to it.

I use Anderson plugs and "T" plugs because I like the positive connection. I had trouble with the cigarette lighter type plugs coming loose. I have put Anderson plugs onto all of my appliances so they can connect.

The coil of cable with Anderson plugs both ends is so I can connect Aux battery in car to trailer when not hitched. Drivesafe made it up for me. Also note the Alligator clips with Anderson plugs so I can connect to any battery if required.