PDA

View Full Version : How do I get iPod to play songs back to back?

MickG
20th June 2008, 02:17 PM
I have several albums (dance and live) where the songs are mixed into each other or are simply on coninuous play into each other, although when played on my iPod the track stops at the end for a second or two and then the next one begins.......very annoying when these songs are suposed to be mixed together or concerts played in one go.
Any ideas or help finding settings to allow track mixing?

Aye, Mick

Sleepy
20th June 2008, 02:27 PM
I have several albums (dance and live) where the songs are mixed into each other or are simply on coninuous play into each other, although when played on my iPod the track stops at the end for a second or two and then the next one begins.......very annoying when these songs are suposed to be mixed together or concerts played in one go.
Any ideas or help finding settings to allow track mixing?

Aye, Mick

Mick,
In itunes select the album you are talking about, select/highlight all the tracks, right click and select "Get Info" then select the "Gapless Album" box at the bottom right.

Then re-sync your ipod.

discowhite
20th June 2008, 02:31 PM
or is it the cross fade playback in the edit/preferances/playback section?

cheers phil

MickG
20th June 2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys, problem solved. As suggested by Sleepy, selected albums and set each to gapless album. I have had this problem for so long now I wish I had asked earlier:D

Aye, Mick

GuyG
22nd June 2008, 12:03 AM
So how do you get them to play in the correct order - the tracks on the albums seem to be not only gapped as above but also in reverse order

Sleepy
22nd June 2008, 06:41 PM
So how do you get them to play in the correct order - the tracks on the albums seem to be not only gapped as above but also in reverse order

That's a weird one. Make sure you have all the Track Numbers correct in itunes. Also ensure you don't have "shuffle tracks" selected on ipod. I think that's all.